Michelle Obama In Alexander McQueen – University of Oxford

Michelle Obama delivered a motivational speech and answered student’s questions in Christ Church dining hall at the University of Oxford earlier today.

She opted for a chic black and white Alexander McQueen Resort 2011 look, which is her second piece from this collection.

Her crisp white Alexander McQueen Victorian bustle piquet shirt was paired with an Alexander McQueen ivory double buckle western belt and fitted black pants.

I would’ve preferred the look with a black belt.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Michelle Obama In Tracy Reese & Samantha Cameron In Jonathan Saunders - Downing Street Barbecue

Michelle Obama In Tracy Reese & Samantha Cameron In Jonathan Saunders – Downing Street Barbecue

Michelle Obama In Ralph Lauren - Royal Dinner

Michelle Obama In Ralph Lauren – Royal Dinner

11 Responses to Michelle Obama In Alexander McQueen – University of Oxford

1. Tatiana May 25, 2011 at 22:59 #

NOT liking this look either. The top s weird on her- she shouldn’t do a “Victorian” look as it looks awful on her. The belt is even worse. Her stylist has failed 3 times now.

2. Rory May 25, 2011 at 23:17 #

Michelle Obama in Ralph Lauren and (I think) Tom Binns jewels hosting a dinner for the Queen at Winfield House the residence of the American Ambassador to the United Kingdom.

• Fashion Critic May 25, 2011 at 23:25 #

Thanks, I have already posted this

3. Jess May 25, 2011 at 23:45 #

This isn’t her best outfit but it’s so exciting because I live in Oxford and as I was leaving Headington, she passed through with all of 13 cars! Its so cool to have something on your blog thats were I live! I couldn’t see what she was wearing so thank you FC for showing it! :)

• Fashion Critic May 25, 2011 at 23:50 #

you’re welcome. I would love to have that kind of excitement in my neighborhood

4. mikeijames May 26, 2011 at 02:17 #

i love her in this. and i love that she’s wearing alexander mcqueen AGAIN.

5. ahot May 26, 2011 at 09:22 #

Oh i would LOVE to see a full picture or this one too! Maybe her shoes match the belt,then she would get a pass

6. Emi May 26, 2011 at 10:39 #

The shirt is gorgeous, I like her here, the belt doesn’t bother me, if the buckles were a bit smaller the belt would be better.

7. Eliza May 26, 2011 at 15:31 #

Love this look. I think the white belt is perfect for Ms. Obama’s figure as it gives a unity and smooth look. Wearing the black belt with the white shirt and black pants requires a very long torso & legs ’cause otherwise it will chop your body into thirds and make you look stumpy. Love her choice. Event appropriate without being boring.

8. Sharon May 26, 2011 at 19:44 #

I love this! When was the last time you saw a FLOTUS in fitted black pants that weren’t part of a boring pantsuit? Way to go, Mrs. O!

• Amanda January 21, 2013 at 23:59 #

I agree and I take the re wearing of basic but well made items like this a sign of proper modesty. She just generally looks good in clothes and her fitness is inspiring to a nation in great need of role models like Mrs. O,