25.05.11

Carol’s Daughter Event At Sephora

Solange Knowles, Cassie and Selita Ebanks attended the Carol’s Daughter Event At Sephora in New York City yesterday.

The trio – who are the new faces of haircare line Carol’s Daughter – all opted for very different looks.

Solange rocked her afro whilst wearing a lemon pant suit with a white shirt and python sandals.

Cassie showcased her Mohawk wearing a caramel Jen Kao knit mini dress with Isabel Marant Gava cotton-raffia and leather pumps and gold hooped earrings.

Selita sported a new blunt red bob wearing Christian Louboutin ‘Lady Daf’ pumps and a Karen Millen Tribal tutu dress Selena Gomez would pass on for being too cutesy.

Solange is the only one working her look.

The other two have been very misguided.

Credit: INFPhoto

Who Wore Emilio Pucci Better? Sienna Miller or Valeria Solarino

Who Wore Emilio Pucci Better? Sienna Miller or Valeria Solarino

Who Wore Carlos Miele Better? Rihanna or Selita Ebanks

Who Wore Carlos Miele Better? Rihanna or Selita Ebanks

30 Responses to Carol’s Daughter Event At Sephora

1. Tatiana May 25, 2011 at 19:26 #

They all look trashy and like a mess to me. I like Solange’s look the best.

2. Incroyable May 25, 2011 at 19:47 #

Solange is the only one looking good, I Love it! (Solange if you are reading this I suggest you screen-cap/print this page because this is not a sentence that happens often)

The other two look a hot-steaming-mess. Cassie’s hair, makeup and shoe choice are an utter disaster. Selita NEEDS to issue an apology for this “look”. From head (who the hell Ok’ed that hair do?) to toe she was atrocious.

• Paddy M May 25, 2011 at 20:27 #

Lmao oh Solange…

3. mm May 25, 2011 at 19:48 #

I like all three looks. I dont like cassie’s hair. I love love Carol’s Daughter’s hair products. Her products keep your hair mosturized and soft

4. dee May 25, 2011 at 19:52 #

All 3 hairstyles are awful.

5. Dazzle May 25, 2011 at 20:07 #

We have a triple dose of hot mess on our hands. Yikes!

6. pam May 25, 2011 at 20:18 #

If this is who they are using to sell their hair care products all I can say is “good luck with that.”

• Fashion Critic May 25, 2011 at 20:21 #

totally

• dee May 25, 2011 at 20:55 #

Yeah poor choices to represent the hairline.

7. justme May 25, 2011 at 20:28 #

I love Solange’s look.

• ahot May 26, 2011 at 09:25 #

yes, me too! i have to duplicate this look, although it would take me forever to grow out an afro like this, lol.

8. Matt May 25, 2011 at 20:38 #

UM, is that the end result of a carol’s daughter product?

9. DivaMom May 25, 2011 at 20:41 #

Usually, Solange looks like she’s trying too hard to be “hip” or “stylish.” But this time, she looks refreshingly well put together. I think her hair do does fit in with what Carol’s Daughter specializes in which is hair care for black women with natural hair. It’s a perfect fit to wear a carefree and sexy afro here. The other two seem to be wearing wigs/pieces that seem contrary to what Carol’s Daughter goes for. But, whaevs….$ talks. everything else walks.

• justme May 25, 2011 at 21:57 #

Despite looking natural,, I’m pretty sure even Solange’s hair is a weave. It was much shorter not too long ago.

• DivaMom May 25, 2011 at 22:32 #

True. Still, I buy the natural looking afro weave better than some plastic red ronald mcdonald hair. LOL

10. Nia May 25, 2011 at 20:41 #

Carol’s Daughter has decided to expand their demographic by introducing a “multi-cultural, polyethnic” (their words, not mine) slant to their marketing campaign. And as a result have completely thrown dark-skinned black women completely under the bus! They couldn’t include one darker-skinned black woman in their new campaign? Especially as it was black women who made Carol’s Daughter profitable in the first place?

Anyhow back on topic….I like Solange’s outfit especially the colour, but to me it is not appropriate for the occasion. All three ladies look a hot mess to me. Selita’s look in particular has aged her terribly.

11. Brooke May 25, 2011 at 20:56 #

Solange looks just alright, which is well above average for her. I do like Cassie’s Mohican and her shoes, but the dress is blase. Selita looks awful from head to toe. Would someone please gather up all the Daffodil and Lady Daff pumps in the world and BURN them please? They’re the new Casadei triple platform – reprehensible.

12. Nia May 25, 2011 at 21:05 #

Also, there is no ‘wow factor’ with any of the three ladies’ hairstyles. For a hair care brand, I thought CD would have made sure all three of their spokespeople knocked it out of the park hair-wise. Cassie and Solange’s hairstyles are unique and dramatic, but in my opinion do not complement their beauty as well as they could. Selita’s does not complement her beauty at all and makes her look old.

13. Mandy May 25, 2011 at 21:41 #

the dress that selita is wearing is from karen millen! http://www.karenmillen.com///karenmillen/fcp-product/903000055665#GBP
    thought u would like to know

• Fashion Critic May 25, 2011 at 22:17 #

Perfect. Many thanks Mandy

14. kathryn May 25, 2011 at 23:00 #

I think this is one occasion where Solange pulls off her “funky hip” look flawlessly. I can simply find no other way to describe Selita and Cassie’s looks other than a Hot A@@ Mess!!

Who would want to buy anything those two are selling.

15. Hadara May 26, 2011 at 00:56 #

In Cassie’s case, she obviously does not know how to drop glorified video vixen “chic” when she needs to.

And Selita…rebelling against Victoria’s Secret, I see.
    And failing.

Solange is definitely hit it miss, but I like how she’s styled here. Either way, she still dresses better than her sister.

16. Rita May 26, 2011 at 01:52 #

solange looks nice and i think i would’ve liked this look more if she was posing by herself because now my eyes are only focusin on selita ja cassie. selita looks like a joke to me and i have no words for cassie

• Rita May 26, 2011 at 01:52 #

*selita and cassie

17. robbie May 26, 2011 at 02:54 #

oh gosh my eyes. its like a car crash you shouldnt look but you end up taking a quick glimpse. horrid!

• ahot May 26, 2011 at 09:26 #

lmao robbie, you always make my day!

18. Chiara May 26, 2011 at 06:25 #

I looks weird together but if you put them apart, it’s not so bad… I love Cassie’s shoes and Selita’s dress is also pretty…

19. Emi May 26, 2011 at 10:47 #

I don’t like Solange’s shoes but she’s quite well-dressed. The other two are unwatchable (does this word exist in english dictionary?), trashy and messy. I don’t know this brand, but I would not buy a product by a brand which has these three testimonial…

20. Alina May 26, 2011 at 13:15 #

I really like Solange’s look.

21. Jones19 May 26, 2011 at 14:51 #

I love Solange’s suit but the other two look like hot messes.