25.05.11 Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Jenny Packham – “The Tree Of Life” LA Premiere

Angelina Jolie didn’t join Lucy Liu and Jack Black for the “Kung Fu Panda II” New York Premiere yesterday, because she was in LA supporting her beau Brad Pitt at his “The Tree Of Life” LA Premiere.

The beautiful actress selected a Jenny Packham gown.

Her red one shoulder silk chiffon draped gown with a velvet waistband was a surprising colour choice.

Whilst not being blown away by this look as Ange isn’t breathing much life into it, I am grateful that the look isn’t predictable.

On a more important note, Brad has finally shaved off that god awful beard.

I would like to think that they made a deal. She wore a colour other than black, and he would finally shave.

Everyone’s happy.

Stuart Weitzman nude satin ‘Hiturn’ platforms completed her look.

[nggallery id=834]
Credit: Getty

Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Fan Bing Bing or Louise Redknapp

Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Fan Bing Bing or Louise Redknapp

Erdem Sample Sale

Erdem Sample Sale

36 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Jenny Packham – “The Tree Of Life” LA Premiere

1. Jeremy May 25, 2011 at 08:50 #

Wow, I like this even more than the green Versace she wore at the GG. I adore her make up here. Flawless.

2. Lee May 25, 2011 at 09:52 #

She’s a gorgeous woman and looks lovely but dead! The woman needs a good feeding – she’s getting pretty emaciated! And maybe some sleep.

• Vicky May 25, 2011 at 10:15 #

Agree! I guess it’s after the twins were born that I’ve started to feel she’s lost her sparkle. She looks, haggard (in lack of a better word).

• Clover May 26, 2011 at 04:39 #

I agree, I came to say the same thing. It’s a lovely dress and it gives her more colour but… I just can’t get excited about her anymore. She’s definitely missing her old sparkle.

3. B May 25, 2011 at 10:18 #

Brad may have shaved, but, what are those shoes?! Give them a polish man!

4. lwren May 25, 2011 at 10:32 #

She is too thin!!!

• Alina May 25, 2011 at 12:17 #

I agree.
      I can’t believe what I’m about to say but : she looked better in the Michael Kors outfit.

5. nicky May 25, 2011 at 10:55 #

This is probably the kind of dress that looks better when its moving. It’s a beautiful colour on Angelina. I’m just glad this is not black and is not a style we’ve seen before. She looks tired but still stunning!

6. Marvel May 25, 2011 at 11:30 #

While I do like the dress she is looking awfully skinny. She looks like she is in need of a big mac, or two

7. Kaz May 25, 2011 at 11:32 #

Angelina is just meh for me here.

But wow isn’t Brad handsome under all that bum fluff!

• Rebecca May 25, 2011 at 14:41 #

I agree with both statements. He is beautiful isn’t he–what a jaw line!

8. Lola May 25, 2011 at 11:45 #

I agree and she Is probably not aware of how much it is ageing her!

9. A May 25, 2011 at 11:51 #

Her face is just glowing. The colour really suits her

10. mari May 25, 2011 at 13:47 #

finally the colour that everyone was crying for in the last thread! :)

11. Laura May 25, 2011 at 13:58 #

Angelina’s stylist Jen Rade tweeted me that Angie wore Stuart Weitzman heels with this look. :D

Happy for the red. I don’t expect Angelina to completely abandon her comfort zone, but I appreciate that she switced things up.

12. Dazzle May 25, 2011 at 14:03 #

I like this color on her but I am not in love with the dress itself. For me it’s bring on the black with Ang. It’s what she looks most comforttable and herself in by far.

13. Christine May 25, 2011 at 14:06 #

Seeing this makes me wonder why she didn’t experiment with colour before. A great improvement! Nothing wrong with wearing black once in a while but she seemed to be stuck in a rut … until now?

14. Joy May 25, 2011 at 14:36 #

First, I am not generally a supporter of camp Angelina. She just doesn’t do it for me at all. She always looks like she doesn’t care, when I believe she does. Sexy she might be, but polished she is not. I get it why guys like her but she’s icky for me. However, I do like the dress. The color is lovely and the style is very pretty but she looks downright frightened in the first picture.

15. Isabel May 25, 2011 at 14:44 #

I’m still so underwhelmed with her most recent fashion choice. She can do so much better – can’t she? And her face looks so stiff and waxy, like a mannequin. Sigh.

16. dee May 25, 2011 at 15:09 #

She looks great in red but this dress isn’t really wowing me. I am grateful it isn’t black.

17. Tatiana May 25, 2011 at 16:47 #

Angelina looks beautiful and thank god it’s not black, but she, as you said, isn’t breathing any life into this look. Brad looks ridiculous with those aviators. Is he too good for everyone to take them off?

• mari May 25, 2011 at 20:06 #

Tatiana, FC puts mainly pics that are fashion related, not pics of any celeb in any given angle.
      FYI, Brad did take off his sunglasses, pic here:

• Fashion Critic May 25, 2011 at 20:20 #

hot..thanks for that

• Tahj May 25, 2011 at 23:29 #

Yeah Brad actually wore sunglasses to the red carpet of an award show once. I thought it was ridiculous. And I remember Angelina’s stylist Jen Wade ripped this other celebrity apart for doing that, but didn’t say anything when Brad did it. To me he tries too hard to seem cool.

18. Eliza May 25, 2011 at 17:57 #

I think she looks beautiful in this color. The dress is perfectly appropriate for the event. She’s there as a supporting character rather than a starting role, so to speak, so she shouldn’t wear a WOW dress that would upstage the actors of the film. Well played, Angelina. Like one of the earlier comments said, this is the type of dress that looks better is person and as it moves.

19. cat May 25, 2011 at 20:56 #

Angie is without any doubt a beautiful woman, but the sense of style is so boring! I love the colour of the dress, but she looks so pale and wan… I think that she looks her best when she’s pregnant, the extra weight gives her more life and glow. Like her green Max Aria dress in the 2008 Cannes Film festival..

20. cat May 25, 2011 at 22:25 #

oops, meant Max Azria!

21. Tahj May 25, 2011 at 23:27 #

She wears a lot of long, flowy dresses. Basically she dresses like she’s stuck in the 70s a lot. And her arms are so bony so this dress isn’t really flattering, it just makes her look even more unnaturally thin.

I like her black gown with the belt she wore to her last premiere much better.

22. Linda May 26, 2011 at 00:46 #

Finally a dress that has some colour. She looks nicer than usual.

23. hally May 26, 2011 at 01:23 #

can angie get a new stylist please? if we’re excited she finally wore color while everything else is just “meh” she can do better!!!! no offense to jen rade, maybe angie is a really tough client, but something about this partnership is not working!

i do like the color but if this was anyone else we’d be highly underwhelmed.

24. Dee May 26, 2011 at 02:10 #

She looks stunning, this colour looks amazing on her.

25. Hadara May 26, 2011 at 02:40 #

I’m sorry. Don’t like it.

The dress is very her, and I know that that bulk her of energy goes into being a globetrotting supermom/mediocre actress,l but I really wish she would at least try.

I’m so tired of her looking a like frail mess on red carpets.

Pretend that you give a damn sometimes, Angie.

It wouldn’t be so bad is she didn’t ALWAYS look so slapdash and haphazardly-styled on top of it.

26. Ariel May 27, 2011 at 01:18 #

Beautiful!

27. Lucía June 2, 2011 at 12:44 #

OMG it’s…Red?

28. bianca November 28, 2011 at 21:50 #

damn……look at his shoes, they are dusty..unacceptable!!!

29. bianca November 28, 2011 at 21:57 #

and his lips are pretty dry.doesn’t she kiss him a lot, these days?:)