Michelle Obama In Preen – Air Force One

Would you believe that the Michelle Obama is the first person to wear a look from the Preen Fall 2011 collection.

I absolutely loved this collection and I haven’t been happy about the lack of celebrity love, so this look has totally made my day.

The First Lady wore a Preen violet cropped jacket with a matching high-waist pencil skirt and with the runway printed blouse as she disembarked Air Force One with US President Barack Obama at Stansted Airport yesterday evening.

The original look was presented as a crop top and not a jacket, but I love Mrs O interpretation.

Teal suede pumps and orange Cathy Waterman earrings completed this BDOTW worthy look.

I love that she wore a British designer whilst touching down on British soil.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Michelle Obama In Barbara Tfank - Buckingham Palace State Visit

Michelle Obama In Barbara Tfank – Buckingham Palace State Visit

Katie Holmes In Holmes & Yang - 56th Annual Drama Desk Awards

Katie Holmes In Holmes & Yang – 56th Annual Drama Desk Awards

19 Responses to Michelle Obama In Preen – Air Force One

1. Tatiana May 24, 2011 at 15:29 #

I prefer the belt as a waist clincher to give the dress definition, as the belt as a scarf makes her look frumpy. I like the idea of the turquoise colored pumps though. Sandals in the same turquoise color would’ve been fabulous.

2. AW May 24, 2011 at 15:33 #

She looks like a million bucks! This is how you travel in style!

Just imagine how much she goes through just to get dressed knowing that the HATERS are going to scrutinize every detail and make up things to complain about…she’s amazing.

3. KateS May 24, 2011 at 15:41 #

I love the color and the concept, but I’m not convinced this is the best look for Mrs.Obama. Her figure isn’t even-she’s hardly the only one!- and the high-waisted look very much emphasizes that fact. Maybe it’s the angle…

• Fee May 24, 2011 at 16:18 #

I think it definitely is the angle, it’s not the most flattering! Gorgeous colour. She just has true class.

The Obamas were here in Ireland yesterday and anyone who wasn’t already in love with Michelle is now firmly converted. In true Irish style it was more of a pub than a red carpet visit though so wasn’t too disappointed not to see any coverage here ;)

• Fashion Critic May 24, 2011 at 16:36 #

I wanted to feature that event, but the pictures weren’t available on my Getty Entertainment, but Getty News…long boring story.

I’m hoping another agency I work with picks the pictures up.

4. Devika May 24, 2011 at 15:52 #

Very stylish! What a great color. Even though the pointed pumps…erm…still, I can’t really complain. She looks beautiful and polished.

5. Charlotte May 24, 2011 at 16:15 #

Yesterday the Obama’s were in my home country, Ireland! it was so exciting! So amazing to see them on our little island.. I felt slightly proud. Here in ireland, we don’t have many big people!
    Well anyways, when Obama was giving his speech, Michelle was wearing, what i think is a Marc Jacobs dress. looks like on Leighton wore! There could be a WWIB poll :L

6. DivaMom May 24, 2011 at 16:30 #

She can do no wrong! Work it fellow Chicago girl! Love her!!

7. Rory May 24, 2011 at 17:26 #

She wore Marc Jacobs S/S 2011 yesterday in Ireland and is wore Barbra Tfank S/S 2011 today to meet the queen. FC I hope a photo agency you work with has photos of the gown she wears tonight to the royal state dinner banquet the Queen is hosting for the Obamas. I’m hoping something really unexpected, like a Carolina Hererra ball gown!

• Fashion Critic May 24, 2011 at 17:42 #

ooh they better had.

Unfortunately they are considering her pictures News, I’m trying to get Getty to list them as Entertainment so I have the right to download them

8. justme May 24, 2011 at 18:07 #

Love everything here, especially the accessories.

9. Luis May 24, 2011 at 19:00 #

She looked awful… I’m so tired of the praise for Michelle style, she can’t dress clothes that embrance her figure, her hips and legs looks bad bad bad.

10. Vidhya May 24, 2011 at 19:07 #

I really loved the runway crop top version.. its so refreshing.. not a fan of the modification.. she looks awkward in the picture..

11. Emi May 24, 2011 at 20:42 #

Great tone of purple, but I prefer the runway version, more interesting.

12. g.k May 24, 2011 at 23:32 #

FC, I don’t believe that Preen’s lack of red carpet visibility is because of the ‘lack of celebrity love’. Its probably because their PR team is so anal about who their clients are placed on, therefore so many requests get shut down.

• Fashion Critic May 24, 2011 at 23:44 #

that would be a shame if that was the case.

• Lo May 25, 2011 at 00:39 #

Unfortunate, but I bet it’s true since it’s BPCM if I’m not mistaken. Feel like celebs are always purchasing Preen and wearing the ‘commercial’ versions around town etc so I don’t think it’s an issue of celeb love. Bet it’s a hardcore, uptight snobby PR team.

13. Jazz May 25, 2011 at 00:21 #

elegant as always!

14. araya May 27, 2011 at 08:09 #

Better look than she usually wears but the shoes are horrible and don’t go with the outfit, the earrings are dreadful and the outfit is ill fitting. Definitely, not First Lady caliber. Michelle needs desperately lessons on classy dressing from Laura Bush.