24.05.11

Katie Holmes In Holmes & Yang – 56th Annual Drama Desk Awards

Katie Holmes attended the 56th Annual Drama Desk Awards at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City last night.

Her Holmes & Yang collection has only been worn twice on the red carpet, so I’m glad she gave this eye catching look a run out.

She looked beautiful wearing a fuschia Holmes & Yang silk crepe de chine blouse with pleated cap sleeves and a tie neckline, which she matched with a pleated skirt.

As not to overshadow her look she carried a simple black clutch and black sandals.

She looks absolutely radiant.

Credit: Getty

Michelle Obama In Preen - Air Force One

Michelle Obama In Preen – Air Force One

Michelle Obama In Roksanda Ilincic & Samantha Cameron In Peter Pilotto - 10 Downing Street

Michelle Obama In Roksanda Ilincic & Samantha Cameron In Peter Pilotto – 10 Downing Street

19 Responses to Katie Holmes In Holmes & Yang – 56th Annual Drama Desk Awards

1. DivaMom May 24, 2011 at 16:32 #

The color is divine, however what is going on with the waist on the left? And the hands?! So claw like…

2. maria May 24, 2011 at 16:34 #

while i love the colour, i think that her collection is totally overrated. I find the worksmanship dubiously, the skirt sits weird, the blouse comes out of the waistline, it is all a bit illfitting for me, which i have noticed in all the Holmes & Yang pieces she has ever worn.

3. Alina May 24, 2011 at 16:39 #

Loove!

4. Tatiana May 24, 2011 at 16:40 #

Holmes & Yang isn’t getting celebrity love because it is bland. Katie looks good though.

• pam May 25, 2011 at 16:57 #

It’s not getting any love because it is crap. The color is nice. The blouse looks like something off the discount rack at JC Penney. The sleeves are weird and the cut is not flattering. The skirt is overwhelmingly ordinary.

5. Courteney May 24, 2011 at 16:42 #

This is the best she’s looked in a while. Love the color!

6. Rebecca May 24, 2011 at 16:43 #

Great color for her, but everything looks too big

7. Penpen May 24, 2011 at 16:43 #

Her hair looks very nice and the dress’ color is lovely but I can not help but feel like she raided Suri’s closet and made an adult version of her daughter’s dress.

8. Lara May 24, 2011 at 16:58 #

“Eye-catching”, yes, but not sure if for the right reasons. Colour is great, but I still get this feeling from her clothes like that aren’t quite sewn right. Like they need time to mature or something… Love her hair though

• Emi May 24, 2011 at 20:38 #

I agree with you. She looks beautiful, I love her hair, too but this collection seems a rough copy of other brands. I also think that to become designers you must know something about cutting and sewing, being a stylist and an actress is not enough. I’m quite tired of these kind of collections based on people’s fame.

9. dee May 24, 2011 at 17:06 #

The color is great on her bu thte fit is wrong. This outfit ages her. I don’t really like it.

10. Beth rodrigues May 24, 2011 at 17:17 #

I’m wild for the color..but Nicole hair and badly fitted clothing do not a great “collection” make!

11. currygirl May 24, 2011 at 17:54 #

Everything is crooked on her….her smile, her hair, her clothes. The color is great and she should wear color often, but gah, the crookedness is kind of driving me crazy the more I look at these pics!

12. Lucía May 24, 2011 at 18:19 #

Not too flattering.

13. Matt May 24, 2011 at 18:48 #

I’m I the one who thinks the fabric looks cheap and the dress looks poorly made?

• Fiona May 25, 2011 at 03:26 #

No you are not alone. I love the colour but it is not a good colour for her, the satin looks too shiny (ie cheap) and the fit is off. There are too many elements competing – the cap sleeps, the bow, the pleated skirt. It looks too big for her. The hair is also wrong, poor Katie I feel that I’m bashing her but she always disappoints me. Perhaps we give her too much credit, she was never known as much of a fashionista before marrying Tom, simply having a load more money obviously hasn’t made her more fashionable.

14. chiara May 24, 2011 at 19:03 #

I think that’s the best she has looked in a long while.

15. Lou May 25, 2011 at 19:48 #

The fit looks too loose and baggy for me to like this look but it is a lovely colour

16. mochababe73 May 25, 2011 at 22:42 #

I will be closer to 40 than 30 on Friday, and I wouldn’t wear this outfit. My aunt is in her 50s, and I don’t think that she would wear this either. It looks too old and not in a good way.
    The color is amazing. Unfortunately, it doesn’t fit. The fabric is too shiny which makes it look cheap. It needs some tweaking. A shorter skirt may help along with a better fit and shrinking that bow. This is just a big mess.