Taylor Swift In Elie Saab – 2011 Billboard Music Awards

Gorgeous Gown, Wrong Occasion Award
Taylor Swift was luminous with sparkling embellishments on the red carpet at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas last night.

She wore a stunning Elie Saab nude gown with bronze embellishments which she teamed with Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

I love Taylor and as you know I love Elie Saab, but for me this is a case of wrong dress for the occasion.

Like the Grammy’s, the Billboard Awards is the time to cut loose and make some bold choices.

The young singer seems considerably over dressed compared to her peers. I wish she’d taken her cues from Selena Gomez.

This gown would’ve made a bigger impact at Cannes. Taylor and Rachel McAdams should’ve swapped looks.

Was Taylor overdressed; sticking to her tried and tested formula, or did she sparkle like a princess?

Credit: Getty

25 thoughts on “Taylor Swift In Elie Saab – 2011 Billboard Music Awards

1. Linda

Normally I agree about her being totally boring, but I actually really love this look. The makeup, hair and dress look gorgeous. However, it *is* the wrong dress for this occasion, as FC said.

1. Jojo

The dress is beautiful i love Elie Saab. But she needs a tan or something she looks really pale and boring in this No.

1. Mahima

She needs a tan? So she can look like the kids from Jersey Shore?
      Personally, I really don’t think a tan would change that look.

2. sergioA

I think every event needs a “Belle of the Ball” and taylor was pretty much that last night.
    She may be overdressed but the point is she looks gorgeous; besides i do not expect a bold fashion choice from taylor, she is all about sparkling gowns, that has become her trademark on the red carpet no?

3. Alina

I think this is my favourite look from her. I love it – the hair and make-up are flawless , the dress is stunning. But…I do agree she’s a little overdressed for this event.

4. Fernando

i imagine her without makeup, i think she would look really bad:S, well whatever…

really overdressed:S, her stylist always puts her in this gorgeous gowns, they should impress, but comming from her, it’s like always the same: two options, but long sparkly dress or short tight sparkly dress….

5. june

i agree — she’s absolutely beautiful in this, but she’s so, so overdressed. i do really love her hair like this though — it’s a similar hairstyle to what she usually has, but it’s subtly different and gorgeous

6. Mahima

Lovely, but I agree totally overdressed.
    I really wish she had worn this somewhere else because she looks amazing.

7. Incroyable

What?! Taylor Swift in a long sparkling dress & red lips?! It Can’t be! *insert Texas-size sarcasm*
    She bores the living hell out of me, just her in a pretty dress AGAIN! And she was WAY too Overdressed.

8. alannah

that is the first thing that came to my mind too, completely overdressed. i would myself if i was her wanna just go crazy & have fun wearing something i wouldnt usually!x

9. Tatiana

Overdressed. I actually hate her in Elie Saab. She makes it too blingy and cliche country singer- blonde and blingy.

10. Courteney

She breathes absolutely no life into this gown not mention the fact that she is way overdressed. As always the one thing I always harp on regarding Taylor: her HAIR. ugh She has the most boring, dull hair.

11. Fashion Foie Gras

She looks so gorgeous in this dress! Way to go Elie Saab! Even the hair is perfect with the dress. however, I would have given her a nude lip rather than a pinkish red.

12. Dazzle

I love Taylor and I love Elie Saab but this look is more Golden Globes than music awards. She looks lovely but I would have preferred something a bit more edgy and fun.

13. mochababe73

She is overdressed, but the dress is stunning.
    Maybe it should have been modified by cutting the hem to mid thigh.

14. Jen

I don’t mind the dress but the fit is never quite right. It seems too big. and the lipstick color doesn’t quite work.

15. Emi

Cute as usual, deja vu as usual, quite boring as usual. I also think she has too much make up. She’s so young, I understand the red lips, but she seems a waxwork.

16. Laura

Poor Taylor. She went all this time thinking she was getting ready for the Golden Globes, and then realized it was the Billboard Music Awards. What’s a poor girl to do?

:P

17. Chanel

I love taylor, but she make me bored
    , everytime she wear the same style of dress and makeup… sparkling, naked colour, cat shape eyelines and red lips….
    It looks like she come out from the fairytale, BUT, those dress that she wore look almost the same!!!