23.05.11

Taylor Swift In Elie Saab – 2011 Billboard Music Awards

Gorgeous Gown, Wrong Occasion Award
Taylor Swift was luminous with sparkling embellishments on the red carpet at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas last night.

She wore a stunning Elie Saab nude gown with bronze embellishments which she teamed with Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

I love Taylor and as you know I love Elie Saab, but for me this is a case of wrong dress for the occasion.

Like the Grammy’s, the Billboard Awards is the time to cut loose and make some bold choices.

The young singer seems considerably over dressed compared to her peers. I wish she’d taken her cues from Selena Gomez.

This gown would’ve made a bigger impact at Cannes. Taylor and Rachel McAdams should’ve swapped looks.

Was Taylor overdressed; sticking to her tried and tested formula, or did she sparkle like a princess?

Credit: Getty

Paz Vega In Salvatore Ferragamo & Pamella Roland - Cannes Film Festival Parties

Paz Vega In Salvatore Ferragamo & Pamella Roland – Cannes Film Festival Parties

Beyonce Knowles In Lanvin - 2011 Billboard Music Awards

Beyonce Knowles In Lanvin – 2011 Billboard Music Awards

25 Responses to Taylor Swift In Elie Saab – 2011 Billboard Music Awards

1. Marvel May 23, 2011 at 13:27 #

I am beyond bored by Taylor. She could turn up naked and I’d still be bored

• Courteney May 23, 2011 at 14:27 #

lol. I so agree!

• AW May 23, 2011 at 15:08 #

I agree. I fall asleep just reading about her.

• Linda May 28, 2011 at 02:57 #

Normally I agree about her being totally boring, but I actually really love this look. The makeup, hair and dress look gorgeous. However, it *is* the wrong dress for this occasion, as FC said.

2. Jojo May 23, 2011 at 13:32 #

The dress is beautiful i love Elie Saab. But she needs a tan or something she looks really pale and boring in this No.

• Mahima May 23, 2011 at 17:27 #

She needs a tan? So she can look like the kids from Jersey Shore?
      Personally, I really don’t think a tan would change that look.

3. sergioA May 23, 2011 at 13:32 #

I think every event needs a “Belle of the Ball” and taylor was pretty much that last night.
    She may be overdressed but the point is she looks gorgeous; besides i do not expect a bold fashion choice from taylor, she is all about sparkling gowns, that has become her trademark on the red carpet no?

4. Alina May 23, 2011 at 13:32 #

I think this is my favourite look from her. I love it – the hair and make-up are flawless , the dress is stunning. But…I do agree she’s a little overdressed for this event.

5. Fernando May 23, 2011 at 13:35 #

i imagine her without makeup, i think she would look really bad:S, well whatever…

really overdressed:S, her stylist always puts her in this gorgeous gowns, they should impress, but comming from her, it’s like always the same: two options, but long sparkly dress or short tight sparkly dress….

6. june May 23, 2011 at 13:35 #

i agree — she’s absolutely beautiful in this, but she’s so, so overdressed. i do really love her hair like this though — it’s a similar hairstyle to what she usually has, but it’s subtly different and gorgeous

7. Mahima May 23, 2011 at 13:37 #

Lovely, but I agree totally overdressed.
    I really wish she had worn this somewhere else because she looks amazing.

8. Lucía May 23, 2011 at 13:38 #

I think I agree with you in the wrong occasion thing. But she looks so pretty nevertheless

9. Incroyable May 23, 2011 at 13:38 #

What?! Taylor Swift in a long sparkling dress & red lips?! It Can’t be! *insert Texas-size sarcasm*
    She bores the living hell out of me, just her in a pretty dress AGAIN! And she was WAY too Overdressed.

10. alannah May 23, 2011 at 13:48 #

that is the first thing that came to my mind too, completely overdressed. i would myself if i was her wanna just go crazy & have fun wearing something i wouldnt usually!x

11. roxana May 23, 2011 at 14:02 #

her hair is so beautiful!!!! i liked her the most

12. Tatiana May 23, 2011 at 14:17 #

Overdressed. I actually hate her in Elie Saab. She makes it too blingy and cliche country singer- blonde and blingy.

13. Courteney May 23, 2011 at 14:27 #

She breathes absolutely no life into this gown not mention the fact that she is way overdressed. As always the one thing I always harp on regarding Taylor: her HAIR. ugh She has the most boring, dull hair.

14. Fashion Foie Gras May 23, 2011 at 14:28 #

She looks so gorgeous in this dress! Way to go Elie Saab! Even the hair is perfect with the dress. however, I would have given her a nude lip rather than a pinkish red.

15. Dazzle May 23, 2011 at 14:58 #

I love Taylor and I love Elie Saab but this look is more Golden Globes than music awards. She looks lovely but I would have preferred something a bit more edgy and fun.

16. mochababe73 May 23, 2011 at 17:10 #

She is overdressed, but the dress is stunning.
    Maybe it should have been modified by cutting the hem to mid thigh.

17. Jen May 23, 2011 at 17:25 #

I don’t mind the dress but the fit is never quite right. It seems too big. and the lipstick color doesn’t quite work.

18. Emi May 23, 2011 at 20:33 #

Cute as usual, deja vu as usual, quite boring as usual. I also think she has too much make up. She’s so young, I understand the red lips, but she seems a waxwork.

19. karen May 23, 2011 at 20:51 #

She bores me to tears. Next.

20. Laura May 24, 2011 at 04:56 #

Poor Taylor. She went all this time thinking she was getting ready for the Golden Globes, and then realized it was the Billboard Music Awards. What’s a poor girl to do?

:P

21. Chanel May 24, 2011 at 08:52 #

I love taylor, but she make me bored
    , everytime she wear the same style of dress and makeup… sparkling, naked colour, cat shape eyelines and red lips….
    It looks like she come out from the fairytale, BUT, those dress that she wore look almost the same!!!