23.05.11

Selena Gomez In Dolce & Gabbana – 2011 Billboard Music Awards

Va Va Voom Award
Selena Gomez attended the 2011 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas last night.

The 18 year old opted for a sexy look wearing a Dolce & Gabbana cut out dress with a gathered waist and thigh-high split.

I absolutely adore her Giuseppe Zanotti red bow front strappy sandals. It’s a welcome pop of colour.

Sleek straight hair, Neil Lane jewels and a black Judith Leiber clutch completed this fabulous look.

Credit: Getty

Angelina Jolie In Michael Kors - "Kung Fu Panda 2" LA Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Michael Kors – “Kung Fu Panda 2″ LA Premiere

Rihanna In Max Azria - 2011 Billboard Music Awards

Rihanna In Max Azria – 2011 Billboard Music Awards

35 Responses to Selena Gomez In Dolce & Gabbana – 2011 Billboard Music Awards

1. Marvel May 23, 2011 at 11:47 #

I like the shoes but I have issues with the dress. yes I understand she wants to grow up but I wish she would have either done the leg slit or cut outs. Not both. But I do love her hair here

• Giuseppi Giraffe May 23, 2011 at 17:15 #

I was thinking the same thing- gown up is fine- she’s coming of age, but she should have opted for either the one or the other. I’m sure dresses like this are a tough call for girls in her spot though,

2. Lara May 23, 2011 at 12:00 #

Wow, somebody’s coming outta their shell. I agree that perhaps it should’ve been one or the other. Seems like when these ingenues hit 17-18 they all wanna bust out! But she looks good though, gotta give her that. Her makeup is flawless, and at least the pose is somewhat demure, not sticking the leg out AND pouting

3. Marlie May 23, 2011 at 12:32 #

Love the shoes but not the dress. It does’t fit her properly around the bust area and not a fan of the cut out sections, I think it makes the dress look a little tacky. Loving her hair and makeup.

4. Alina May 23, 2011 at 12:37 #

I really really like this look.

5. Carolina May 23, 2011 at 12:38 #

I agree that the dress doesn’t appear to be very well fitted, and not just at the waist. It’s just too much dress for her!

6. Christina May 23, 2011 at 12:48 #

She manages to carry this look perfectly in my opinion. If Megan Fox or Blake Lively had worn this dress, they would of made it tacky beyond belief, with their pouting and leg popping.
    Only things I do not like, are the bows on the heels and the horrible nailpolish to go with… However, I guess it’s in on helping this look seem youthful enough for Selena.

7. sergioA May 23, 2011 at 13:02 #

Usually the va va voom award goes to a supermodel like Gisele, nonetheless Selena looks smashing in this dress. Such a Stunning girl. so classy yet sexy.

8. Leti May 23, 2011 at 13:02 #

I love the shoes, but this dress really falls flat for me. It looks baggy across the bust and the hips. I would love to see this on the runway because it even looks like the cut outs are too low, as though Selena’s a bit short waisted for the dress. Fit issues aside, she looks to young for a dress this sexy, like a girl playing dress up in a woman’s clothing.

• Anissa May 23, 2011 at 15:31 #

Yes I can’t tell if it’s just the angle of the picture, but the cut outs so low make her waist disappear.

I love what she tried, and I hope she does it again in a different dress.

9. Alèxia May 23, 2011 at 13:10 #

She looks awesome. Sexy, yet classy without being tacky. There’s nothing wrong about being young a going for a sexy look.
    Hair and make up are an A+

10. steph May 23, 2011 at 13:20 #

I think Selena looks absolutely gorgeous, but she really shouldn’t have worn white panties or spanx or whatever they were…

• mandy May 23, 2011 at 15:00 #

Why ? Is she ?

11. mandy May 23, 2011 at 13:22 #

Oh my fav neckline! I think she can do without the cut outs. But she look fantastic nevertheless.

12. Lucía May 23, 2011 at 13:33 #

I really really like this. She looks so pretty

13. Tey May 23, 2011 at 13:33 #

I don’t think the dress does it for me. I love her hairs and makeup ,though. She look grown up. But i guess she a little over do. I mean I get the point that she wanna show she’s more mature and stuffs but, leg slit and cut out waist? At the same time? That’s a No from me. She look good though. Like I said; Loovvee the hair and makeup.
    P.S sorry abt the grammar. Not a English speaker.

14. Jojo May 23, 2011 at 13:35 #

I agree w/ Marvel when they hit that mark where they are just legal they like to show off their God given assets.

15. Incroyable May 23, 2011 at 13:42 #

* applauds* I give her an A+ for trying something new! and another A for looking hot!
    BUT I would have loved it she went with EITHER the cut outs OR the slit.

16. Tatiana May 23, 2011 at 14:18 #

Don’t like the cutouts AND the thigh split. She is pulling a Jennifer Lopez and that ain’t good chicha.

17. jenn v May 23, 2011 at 14:55 #

gorgeous

18. Dazzle May 23, 2011 at 15:08 #

This was easily one of my worst dressed last night. I never understand why this girl insists on looking 25 years old. She simply does not have the body to pull off this dress. You need hips,and cleavage,and legs for this. A little thickness if you will. And while I like the shoes I do not think they go well with the dress at all. Her hair and makup look good that’s about the nicest thing I can say.

• MichelleTina May 23, 2011 at 15:56 #

Exactly! This girl has no hips for those cutouts. Selena, like Miley and Taylor, still has a child face. The va va voom stuff just looks laughable on them.

• serenissima May 24, 2011 at 05:11 #

it looks insane. i feel like a freaking pedophile

• Sarah May 23, 2011 at 23:50 #

Could not agree more. I actually think that it has the effect of making her look long through the torso because of where the cut outs are sitting. A waist should be a prerequisite for an outfit like this.

19. robbie May 23, 2011 at 15:27 #

the shoes are incredible. but the rest of the look is a little trashy, the dress looks someone one of hugh hefners “girlfriends” would wear.

20. Dee May 23, 2011 at 15:43 #

I like that shes trying something new. She looks stunning

21. moja31 May 23, 2011 at 16:06 #

she manged to go sexier than she normally does, yet without going raunchy as so many pop starlets tend to. she looks great. she ties with rihanna for my best dressed.
    I understand the “either but not both” impulse, but when i try to picture it, going for both the cutouts and the the slit is the only thing keeping this dress from looking both funereal, and like something an aging game show model would wear.

22. mochababe73 May 23, 2011 at 17:29 #

Love the shoes. Love the dress. Perfect combination.
    However, I don’t like her in the dress. She looks like a 12 year-old trying to play dress-up.

23. Zarin May 23, 2011 at 20:13 #

I love this! She looks amazing and sexy without being trashy. She’s eighteen and she’s having fun. She looks great.

24. Hisadora May 23, 2011 at 21:32 #

absolutely amazing, I think this and her Reem Acra dress were by far her best this year.

25. Maria May 23, 2011 at 21:49 #

Gorgeous!

26. Laura May 24, 2011 at 04:59 #

A bit too Sofia Vergara for an 18 year-old IMO. I like the shoe and hair though.

27. serenissima May 24, 2011 at 05:08 #

how old is she? seriously. she always dresses wayyyy too old

28. Vidhya May 24, 2011 at 09:22 #

I would say , for 18, a mini or a shorter dress would be perfect.. sexy without looking old.. sweetheart neckline and thigh high slit… oldies like jen aniston and jolie are workign that.. plus the cutouts are toooo low.. they are just ugly

29. Casey Beckett June 28, 2011 at 17:53 #

I absolutely hated it. her dull makeup and flat body killed the look of the dress and her shoe choice wasn’t good. BTW the dress was too ope so it looks kinda different over Selena.