23.05.11

Nicole Kidman In Dries van Noten – 2011 Billboard Music Awards

Feel Like Something Is Missing Award
Nicole Kidman seems to have made more red carpet appearances for music events than any other event this year.

She supported her husband Keith Urban at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas last night looking very statuesque wearing a Dries van Noten Fall 2011 dress.

Her long black embellished dress with a sheer skirt and shorter sleeves was styled with hooped earrings and a side sweeping messy plait.

I like that Nicole appears more comfortable at these events, but something is missing.

I can’t quite put my finger on it. A clutch maybe? But then the effortlessness comes from not being laden with too many things.

Nicole looks gorgeous; like an elegant swan.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Keri Hilson In Rachel Roy - 2011 Billboard Music Awards

Keri Hilson In Rachel Roy – 2011 Billboard Music Awards

Fergie In Hervé Léger by Max Azria Atelier - 2011 Billboard Music Awards

Fergie In Hervé Léger by Max Azria Atelier – 2011 Billboard Music Awards

33 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Dries van Noten – 2011 Billboard Music Awards

1. San May 23, 2011 at 15:09 #

I agree! Simple yet ellegant!

2. Idontknowmyname May 23, 2011 at 15:09 #

Some silver ethic bangles or cuff would be nice.

3. Dazzle May 23, 2011 at 15:11 #

This is the best she has looked since The Grammys for me. I love the hair first and for most. It’s hard to get a braid just right but I love this take on it. And being a lover of black dresses I think this is glamorous and elegant yet still appropriate for the event.

4. Joy May 23, 2011 at 15:15 #

Perfection! All you young guns this is how you ROCK a plait.

5. AW May 23, 2011 at 15:20 #

Now THIS is boring. It seems like such a sad dress to wear to what could be a fun event.

BTW, this woman needs to get in touch with her sexy side. She dresses way too old for me.

• noo May 23, 2011 at 15:44 #

i agree with you, whenever i see nicole at a music event i feel like she dressed for the opera! she should always dress the way she did at the grammys :D

6. Giuseppi Giraffe May 23, 2011 at 15:22 #

I’m loving the side braid/plait trend more and more each time I see it.

This is quintessential Nicole Kidman- very classy.

7. Hermione Weasley May 23, 2011 at 15:25 #

I love the hair, wow!

8. Alina May 23, 2011 at 15:26 #

The dress isn’t something WOW (like her JPG dress @ the Grammy’s) , but she looks so confident on the red carpet that’s hard not to love this look.

• Anna May 23, 2011 at 16:44 #

You hit the nail on the head – she looks really comfortable and confident, love it. Fabulous hair!!

• Jen May 23, 2011 at 17:24 #

I agree. I also love her when she stays red.

9. Paddy M May 23, 2011 at 15:26 #

She looks so relaxed and contented. I think when the focus is off her and on her husband, she’s much more comfortable.

I know we see so many Dolce and Gabbana dresses of a similar style on the red carpet, but when one is worn as well as Nicole is wearing hers here, you see why.

10. Sara May 23, 2011 at 15:31 #

Even if something is missing, perhaps a splash of color, this is the most beautiful I’ve seen her in a long time. Her hair is gorgeous. I loved her dress at the Grammy’s and thought she looked great, but there’s something about her here that makes me go Wow, she looks so pretty :)

11. Moxie May 23, 2011 at 15:54 #

It needs a pop of color somewhere — a clutch, a belt, a statement necklace…

But what I really like is how happy and relaxed she seems lately.

12. Fiona May 23, 2011 at 16:17 #

She looks so beautiful, her hair is amazing I love it her natural colour, and she can wear that effortless elegance with such grace, she looks so happy. I think her hair and amazing skin are the only pops of colour she needs against the black (and I normally love embellishments!)

13. Tatiana May 23, 2011 at 16:25 #

Hate the dress but LOVE the hair and makeup. I want to try her makeup and hair.

14. Lila May 23, 2011 at 16:40 #

Beautiful hair and makeup! This is the most gorgeous she has looked in a long time. Effortless.

15. CreoleLady May 23, 2011 at 16:55 #

Love the braid, hair color and makeup. She looks a little less Madame Tussauds in these days.

16. mochababe73 May 23, 2011 at 17:04 #

What’s missing is the appropriate awards program. This is not event appropriate. This is a music industry awards program, and she looks like she’s going to a funeral.
    A red-headed Elvira Mistress of the Dark.

17. robbie May 23, 2011 at 17:16 #

still cant get used to seeing her at music events. she looks great but the dress looks more like a “going to dinner” dress rather than red carpet. love her hair colour.

18. V May 23, 2011 at 17:36 #

Is this not an amazing Dries Van Noten dress??? Look 51 FW11?

• Fashion Critic May 23, 2011 at 17:41 #

thanks. You’re right

19. libbyloo May 23, 2011 at 18:43 #

To be honest, Nicole would probably be my pick for Best Dressed here. She looks so chic, elegant, statuesque and simple….but still a little bit daring with the sheer skirt (which I’ve been seeing a lot recently, I feel).

And the HAIR is perfection. It adds a bit of attitude to everything.

Sorry if it seems I’m rambling but I really love this.

20. Emi May 23, 2011 at 20:43 #

Since the “old stylish and daring” Nicole is gone, I think for good, I like her here, simple, elegant… I love the braid. Very cute.

21. karen May 23, 2011 at 20:54 #

Am I the only one who thinks this is just plain awful? Nicole gave me a glimmer of hope when she wore that Gaultier dress a few months ago but nope, guess she’s back to making me scratch my head again.

22. mari May 23, 2011 at 21:43 #

I like her attitude and relaxed looks in this dress more than if she had worn a different dress.
    She looks so effortlesly elegant. I do agree that is summer and all that, but se is happy in this!

23. Taylor May 23, 2011 at 22:54 #

Great look for Nicole

24. slashdot May 24, 2011 at 00:06 #

Oh, Nicole… I just wish she would stop injecting her lips. They look completely unnatural and swelled, particularly the upper one. I actually thought she was smarter than falling for fillers and botox.
    Amazing hair, though!

25. Laura May 24, 2011 at 04:40 #

Angelina Jolie is jealous she didn’t get to wear it, and that’s all that’s wrong with this dress.

26. KateS May 24, 2011 at 14:13 #

I don’t love the dress for the event, but the hair and make up are so great, and she looks so (relatively) relaxed that I can’t help but like this.

27. Camilla May 24, 2011 at 18:37 #

I love this!!

28. angel June 8, 2011 at 08:10 #

she is so wonderful with symmetrical face owww haters what can u say?

29. angel June 8, 2011 at 08:11 #

haters are knocked out hahahaha