Elle Fanning In Marc by Marc Jacobs – 2011 Young Hollywood Awards

Just OK Awards
Elle Fanning collected the ‘Film Actress of the Year Award” at the 2011 Young Hollywood Awards, which was held on Friday in LA.

She looked cute wearing a Marc by Marc Jacobs Fall 2011 dress, but I wasn’t as wowed or excited by her as I have been in the past.

The sleeveless black satin blouse with a ruffled white collar was teamed blacks shorts.

Elle added black Oxfords shoes with gold metal hardware from the same collection.

A pink shimmery lip shade completed her look.

I wish this look was more summery.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham - Simon Fuller Hollywood Walk Of Fame Induction Ceremony

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham – Simon Fuller Hollywood Walk Of Fame Induction Ceremony

Isabel Lucas In Ralph Lauren - 2011 Young Hollywood Awards

Isabel Lucas In Ralph Lauren – 2011 Young Hollywood Awards

13 Responses to Elle Fanning In Marc by Marc Jacobs – 2011 Young Hollywood Awards

1. Tatiana May 23, 2011 at 22:32 #

I hate this look. She should have gone all out like Camilla Belle. This is her worst ever look.

2. mj May 23, 2011 at 22:34 #

i hate the shoes, they look so stumpy. she tends to wear a lot of really clunky shoes.

3. lifeisdolce May 23, 2011 at 22:35 #

i love elle as an actress and her rodarte looks were gorgeous. plus, she looked beautiful at the venice film festival. but am i alone in thinking it’s unnatural for a girl of twelve to be walking red carpets wearing couture? when i was twelve i was climbing trees with muddy jeans. if the occasion arose i’d wear something efinitely age appropriate

• Megan May 24, 2011 at 16:27 #

Nope your not alone there are many reasons I agree with you but I feel she is too old for her years

4. Rebecca May 23, 2011 at 22:40 #

It is cute–but might have been better in a fabric other than satin. I think it is too shiny and looks kind of cheap. HATE the shoes.

5. Dazzle May 23, 2011 at 22:51 #

This is cute but I agree it looks too fall for me. I will continue to give Elle props for always having fun with fashion though. (I wish her older sister would do the same.) My biggest complaint with the Fanning girls is always their hair and makeup. Theri faces always look shiny and pink. And their hair is almost always styled the exact same way. Would really like to see them majorly switch it up in those areas.

6. alyssa897 May 23, 2011 at 22:58 #

I usually adore Elle Fanning and her style, but this is not working for me as well. This look would have been better in fall…she needs some light colors for summer! And I don’t like the collar at all.

7. Chloe May 23, 2011 at 23:03 #

i like the fact that she did not modify the neck.

8. Hisadora May 23, 2011 at 23:26 #

I don’t like this look and the hair is the same as always….

9. slashdot May 23, 2011 at 23:49 #

She’s a 13 year old kid, playing around in grown up clothes and you people “comment” on her apparel as though she was an adult. I really find this awkward.
    I hope she still has a childhood.

10. Laura May 24, 2011 at 04:34 #

Very few people can get away with that neckline, and Elle Fanning certainly isn’t one of them.

11. Lucía May 24, 2011 at 07:56 #

This is not working for me either, not even ok. I think she’s not the appropriate person to wear a collar like that, it seems like a little girl playing with her mom’s clothes (and that expression I’ve leaned it from you FC haha)

• Fashion Critic May 24, 2011 at 07:56 #