23.05.11

Camilla Belle In Tom Ford – 2011 Young Hollywood Awards

On Trend Award
Camilla Belle attended the 2011 Young Hollywood Awards on Friday to collect the “Young Hollywood Style Icon Award.”

The actress joins the many stars who’ve worn suits on the red carpet recently.

Her white Tom Ford tuxedo was styled with a white blouse with black button plus a black bow tie.

A white Raven Kauffman Couture ‘Luisa’ frost clutch, Cartier jewels and black Sergio Rossi patent ‘Cachet’ pumps completed this black and white look.

I have to say she’s working this look. I just wish her hair wasn’t so over-styled.

I slicked back ponytail would’ve worked better for me.

Credit: Getty

Michael Kors Kerry Centre Flagship Store Opening

Michael Kors Kerry Centre Flagship Store Opening

Eva Mendes In Lanvin - 2011 Young Hollywood Awards

Eva Mendes In Lanvin – 2011 Young Hollywood Awards

29 Responses to Camilla Belle In Tom Ford – 2011 Young Hollywood Awards

1. maria May 23, 2011 at 20:04 #

i find this trying to hard and consequently looking costumy and a bit like Colonel Sanders from Kentucky Fried Chicken.

• Leti May 23, 2011 at 21:06 #

That’s exactly what I was thinking. This is unfortunately reminiscent of Colonel Sanders. Perhaps if she had left off that tie…

2. Alexandra May 23, 2011 at 20:08 #

i don’t like the hair also, she is working the look but for me it’s just meh, not really interesting.

FC I would really really love to read your Cannes round-up! Are you going to post it?

• Fashion Critic May 23, 2011 at 20:10 #

yes, I’ll do it tomorrow morning as I have so much to catch up on today.

• Alexandra May 23, 2011 at 20:14 #

thanks a lot, i’m looking forward to it! x

3. Tatiana May 23, 2011 at 20:13 #

Camilla Belle is so annoying. What big and/or good movies has she been in? I am torn between calling this costumey or liking it. I don’t like her hair over her shoulder.

• Tatiana May 23, 2011 at 20:18 #

Oh I forgot to mention of Try Hard this is. On Rihanna it would be trashy but on someone else I might like it.

4. Lara May 23, 2011 at 20:16 #

In my view a slicked back ponytail would have overdone the masculine aspect of the look. I love the hair save for the pinned back piece in front.

5. Emi May 23, 2011 at 20:18 #

I quite like her, except for the hair which looks greasy. I think every reason is good in Hollywood to celebrate. I don’t consider her a style icon because she doesn’t have a style of her own, I think you can judge people’s style by their daily way of dressing, not by their red carpets look.

6. Luis May 23, 2011 at 20:20 #

Eva Mendes was the best dressed. Camila looked good.

7. AW May 23, 2011 at 20:24 #

She looks beautiful!

I would love to have seen better shoes but can’t have it all.

8. LDVBlog May 23, 2011 at 20:36 #

I think the hair saved her. A slick back ‘do would have made her look like a waitress. She’s gorgeous either way.

9. DivaMom May 23, 2011 at 20:46 #

Janelle Monae works the female tuxedo way better than this.

10. Marvel May 23, 2011 at 20:47 #

Snore. Why does she insist on turning up events when she is hardly an actress. She picked up an award for her fashion sense whilst other picked it up award for their acting. I think thats saying something

I am so incredibly bored by stars turning up to events as often as they change their underwear. This is why I appreciate stars such as Cate who only really appear when she has some promotinal duties

• lifeisdolce May 23, 2011 at 22:29 #

i totally agree! that’s why i’m surprised tom ford made her a custom suit (or lent her one, if i’m wrong) – he usually outfits powerful women who proved their longevity and worth. camilla is always over-styled, and overdone, i don’t think there’s anything true about her fashion sense at all. plus, i’m surprised she can afford a stylist with like two movies under her belt.

• Amy May 24, 2011 at 08:44 #

I’ve heard her mother is a stylist or works in fashion which is probs why she can get clothes from designers.

• Marvel May 24, 2011 at 12:22 #

Well Tom Ford tried to go for high profile clients but since his Spring 2011 bombed with celebs (he said he was gonna dress an Oscar nominee this year, the closest he came was dressing Anne Hathaway for five minutes). I guesss he has lowered his standars. Also I think that (along with Rachel Bilson and Kate Bosworth), Camilla has the best PR team in Hollylwood.

• Fashion Critic May 24, 2011 at 12:32 #

I think his snobbery and arrogance put a lot of people off.

11. Jones19 May 23, 2011 at 20:51 #

I love this look! A+

12. karen May 23, 2011 at 20:58 #

I think she looks great. And what a face. She looks stunning everytime I see her. I think the hair is cute too for this look.

13. Lucía May 23, 2011 at 21:53 #

It doesn’t work at all for me..

14. Dazzle May 23, 2011 at 22:22 #

I would probably like this look on anyone else but on her it’s just try-hardery at it’s best. She always tries too hard in my opinion. She’s not wearing the suit,the suit is wearing her.

15. Chloe May 23, 2011 at 22:35 #

I absolutely love her bold brows.

16. Laura May 24, 2011 at 04:32 #

Janelle Monae wannabe.

17. lisa May 24, 2011 at 04:52 #

I loved it, she looked super pretty and feminine. And for the people saying she never acts, she has done over 30 movies, is currently filming a movie and has 3 more lined up for this year.Her new movie will premiere in september.

18. robbie May 24, 2011 at 14:23 #

oh god she is back to doing what she does best attending red carpet events. i still laugh when people call her an actress even though that is her “job” it sems more like a second job where as red carpet is her first job.

boring outfit, the trousers look a mess and the shoes.

19. Xorco May 24, 2011 at 16:42 #

She looks great but i feel the hair style isn´t that good with the jacket… a ponytail or an updo would fit the style better…

I don’t get why people is so obnoxiously mean with her.. about shes being an actress.. She were doing movies in Brazil and Canada… and if somebody don´t know a bout it.. it doesn´t mean she is out of the business..

• pam May 25, 2011 at 17:34 #

I agree with you about all the mean comments about her career. She works enough, not all of it high profile, but she can pay her bills. Rachel Bilson gets the same rap. They both look good in clothes and have lots of young fans who want to buy what they are wearing. Red carpets are how actors network. And since when did “trying hard” become a bad thing?

20. pam May 25, 2011 at 17:27 #

Don’t like this at all. It looks like a costume your mom might put together at the last minute because you waited until bedtime to tell her about the school play.