Angelina Jolie In Michael Kors – “Kung Fu Panda 2″ LA Premiere

Angelina Jolie was joined on the red carpet today for the “Kung Fu Panda 2″ LA Premiere by her co-star Jack Black and beau Brad Pitt.

I was surprised that most of you didn’t like Angelina’s Atelier Versace Cannes gown, because it was the first time in a long time she’d stepped out of her box.

On this occasion she was very firmly in the box, but looking stunning nonetheless wearing Michael Kors.

Her Fall 2011 look included a simple black satin short sleeved top paired with a simple black skirt with a thigh-high split.

The look was accessorized with a Michael Kors leather buckle belt and her favoured Ferragamo heels.

Those emerald green jewels she wore to the “Kung Fu Panda 2″ photocall in Cannes would’ve worked better with this look.

But simple always works best for Angelina.

[nggallery id=827]
Credit: Style.com, Zuma Press & Getty

Menswear Midweek Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Midweek Red Carpet Roundup

Nicki Minaj In Mark Fast & Gareth Pugh - 2011 Billboard Music Awards

Nicki Minaj In Mark Fast & Gareth Pugh – 2011 Billboard Music Awards

40 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Michael Kors – “Kung Fu Panda 2″ LA Premiere

1. Dazzle May 22, 2011 at 23:48 #

As a woman devoted to the ‘black box’ myself I always love and appreciate how simple and chic Angelina always looks in all black. When you are this beautiful you don’t need a lot of color or fuss going on.

• Tey May 22, 2011 at 23:54 #

I’m completely with you in this. Who need anything else when you already look like a goddness. She would only over do herself if she does.

• KateS May 23, 2011 at 02:55 #

I agree, frills and brights are unnecessary for her. I like the sleek black here.

• Tahj May 23, 2011 at 21:13 #

That’s what I’m saying. Angelina Jolie has a face that is so unusual. She looks like nobody else on the red carpet, so she wouldn’t look right dressing in risky outfits like Cate Blanchett or Diane Kruger. With her features and unusual beauty, she looks best when she keeps it simple. Real stars know that you should wear the outfit not the other way around.

2. Hisadora May 22, 2011 at 23:53 #

Does she really wear make up???? She looks absolutely amazing and she doesn’t even need to make that much effort!

• Tahj May 23, 2011 at 21:13 #

Ofcourse she does.

3. mari May 23, 2011 at 00:06 #

I love how she looks in black, and she looks confident in it.
    I am divided, since it’s a morning premiere. A different color would have been nice, but then, she Angelina Jolie, so… I think the big jewels for this premiere would have been too much. Really, she does not
    need much to be the center of attention.

Love the belt!

• mol May 23, 2011 at 00:31 #

I love the belt too….gorgeous woman, no doubt.

4. Set May 23, 2011 at 00:09 #

Wishing d shoes were different.

• Christine May 23, 2011 at 11:29 #

Yes, me too. All good and well looking effortlessly beautiful, but wearing those uninspiring shoes seems a bit lazy.

5. Luis May 23, 2011 at 00:15 #

OMG She looked good, but EAT some food!! Her knees look scary!

6. Mika May 23, 2011 at 00:18 #

She looks lovely. I really like this outfit. I personally loved her Atelier Versace gown, she looked divine. I can’t think anyone else with such a beautiful face.

7. Sarah NZ May 23, 2011 at 00:27 #

Ange looks good but a bit “safe”. I do like her hair.
    The real question is… what on earth is Brad wearing? No one can/should wear that much caramel!

8. noo May 23, 2011 at 00:45 #

what brad is wearing is simply killing me! why brad, why?!

• molly May 23, 2011 at 01:49 #

I know!!
      I used to think he was the most beautiful man ever. Now I think hes kind of gross looking…

• noo May 23, 2011 at 08:25 #

me too :(
        i think he wore what publicists expect him to wear but one day had enough, hopefully he’ll find the right style for him before this kills me for real :D

9. justme May 23, 2011 at 01:11 #

Her face is beautiful, there’s no denying that. But as usual, the rest bores me.

I didn’t come here for her though… what in the beige hell is really going with Brad’s outfit? Damn, just damn lol.

10. Cara May 23, 2011 at 01:26 #

she looks fantastic! BDOTW contender for sure.

this look works on the red carpet but i could see it being worn to so many different occasions.

brad pitt looks like he is going on a safari

11. molly May 23, 2011 at 01:48 #

Oh look! Shes wearing a black outfit with a slit up to woo hoo. Hmmm….where have I seen this one before?
    :P
    This chick really bugs me…

12. Chloe May 23, 2011 at 02:04 #

Love Angies black look “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” WFT is Brad wearing….

13. jui ho May 23, 2011 at 02:16 #

say what you want…. one word summed up that woman….”EFFORTLESS”!

14. Tatiana May 23, 2011 at 02:29 #

Even though she is gorg she should still make more of an effort. She constantly looks like she is attending a funeral 24-7. Life is about LIVING.

15. aiyu May 23, 2011 at 02:40 #

You said it, simple is best for her.
    And I’m glad she’s growing out her fringes/bangs.

16. Chloe May 23, 2011 at 02:55 #

But considering that this is children movie, she could’ve worn something more fun

17. Vidhya May 23, 2011 at 03:33 #

She looks tired and greasy… he looks bored to death… The usual jolt I get cos of her stunning face is also missing.. her eyes look tired..

18. nicky May 23, 2011 at 04:15 #

Would have loved to see her in the runway version but nonetheless, I really like this look. It’s simple and classy, not fussy and perfect for a premiere for this kind of film. She looks really fresh and gorgeous, love the ponytail.

19. june May 23, 2011 at 04:19 #

it’s slightly alarming that angie’s even skinnier than the model, tbh. she is gorgeous though, but then again, angelina can wear a paper bag and be gorgeous.

20. Emi May 23, 2011 at 07:24 #

What the hell is wearing Brad? Incredible… he used to dress so well years ago… His look is a fashion crime, really. Angelina looks beautiful. I think she didn’t want to overdo since it was the premiere of a cartoon… Beautiful, a bit boring, I still don’t understand what happened to her beautiful, silky hair…

21. Lucía May 23, 2011 at 07:44 #

It’s black but I actually like it.

22. karen May 23, 2011 at 08:08 #

Angelina has a beautiful face so it really doesn’t matter what she wears.

23. flutterbang May 23, 2011 at 09:10 #

Someone give this woman a cheeseburger…

24. Mia Spring May 23, 2011 at 09:13 #

Honestly I vote her Angelina’s Atelier Versace Cannes gown for BDOTD~and I like this one, too!
    Whatever she wears makes me feel very comfortable~~

25. Alina May 23, 2011 at 12:42 #

She looks good. Surprisingly this outfit is not boring.

26. Cheryl Wong May 23, 2011 at 13:03 #

Actually, she would’ve rocked the runway version pretty well. Kinda disappointed. As much as Angelina looks good in simple looks, there’s a standard of simplicity that just speaks volumes. A bright colour in a simple tailored cut would’ve worked as well as her typical black dress getup. It’s not about her being the bad girl anymore. What ever happened to loud and proud Ms.Jolie? Sure, she’s a mother now. All the more reason for her to stand out.

27. fromchi-town May 23, 2011 at 14:30 #

Don’t like it at all. She looks like she lost weight since her Cannes appearance.

28. Jen May 23, 2011 at 17:30 #

I’m sorry, but I can’t look at her without getting an uncontrollable urge to throw sandwiches at her. She looks unhealthy.

29. currygirl May 23, 2011 at 17:33 #

As other folks have already said, she needs to eat! I feel bad for her, like she’s going to fall over if she doesn’t get some food. It’s very telling that you put a skinny model’s picture next to hers and yet the model’s legs look healthy, as does her face. I have extra fat I can lend her (lying about the lending part… I will be giving it away as I don’t want it back!).

30. mayyyum May 23, 2011 at 19:12 #

she looks sick.. look at the bones stickin out… the knees.. the hands.. she seriously needs to eat…. and do somethin soon ..

31. Tahj May 23, 2011 at 21:16 #

It seems the biggest female stars like Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, Jodie Foster, Jennifer Aniston wear a lot of black. People criticize them for it, but wearing black allows the woman to stand out, not the dress she’s wearing.

32. Laura May 24, 2011 at 05:01 #

Yawn.

The thigh slit looks awkward, and she couldn’t even give us color in the shoes or jewelry. Shame on you Angie! A woman of your beauty shouldn’t walk the red carpet like this.