Eve Hewson makes her big Cannes Film Festival debut wearing a Chanel Spring 2011 dress.

She joined Sean Penn on the red carpet for their “This Must Be The Place” Premiere this evening.

Naama joked that maybe Eve had red my blog, because she wore bright purple peep-toes to the photocall earlier today.

This picture proves that she does not.

Black patent pumps on her debut? I may never forgive her for this.

Joking aside I do love her in this Chanel dress. She carries herself so well.

The sheer overlay on the embellished bodice is gorgeous as is the light pink skirt.

I just wish this look didn’t automatically make me think of Alexa Chung who wore a similar version of this look 10 days ago.

Red lips, a Chanel quilted clutch and silver jewels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Claudia Schiffer In Chanel Couture - 2011 Cannes Film Festival "This Must Be The Place" Premiere

Claudia Schiffer In Chanel Couture – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “This Must Be The Place” Premiere

Elena Anaya In Elie Saab Couture - 2011 Cannes Film Festival "The Skin I Live In" Premiere

Elena Anaya In Elie Saab Couture – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “The Skin I Live In” Premiere

13 Responses to Eve Hewson In Chanel – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “This Must Be The Place” Premiere

1. Tatiana May 20, 2011 at 19:00 #

I do like Eve Hewson from the two times I have seen her, but this Chanel isn’t great to begin with and there is only so much one can do with an already meh blah dress.

2. maria May 20, 2011 at 19:28 #

i don’t think it’s bad for the first big red carpet. It’s young and fresh, but not cutesy and i can even forgive her for the black shoes.

3. AW May 20, 2011 at 19:39 #

Alexa Chung’s dress was not flattering and neither is this one. It’s an odd choice for your premier on the “world’s stage”.

4. mol May 20, 2011 at 19:46 #

Aside from the shoes, I think she looks great here…..impressed for a newbie….

5. Emi May 20, 2011 at 20:13 #

First of all this dress is very very ugly, I can hardly believe this is Chanel. On A. Chung looked bad, too, but on her is worse. The black pumps are the best part of this look… she’s up for worst dressed in Cannes for me.

6. Lucía May 20, 2011 at 20:47 #

I don’t like this. There is something wrong with it, it looks so much better on the model. And those black pumps are horrible with that cute dress. Such a shame cause I loved the dress

7. Rebecca May 20, 2011 at 22:52 #

The fit on the mdel is much better because she has broader shoulders and a smaller bust–this dress doens’t seem to work on a busty girl

8. Naama May 20, 2011 at 22:58 #

Ahhh! What a shame. She really doesn’t read your blog… :)
    The dress is pretty but too long on her, I think.

9. penultimate__ May 21, 2011 at 01:32 #

The skirt of the dress really looks like some kind of knickerbocker/bloomer hybrid…

10. KateS May 21, 2011 at 02:41 #

I really disliked this dress on the model, and I dislike it on the RC, too. It reminds me of some of Rodarte’s wackier dresses, where there’s lots and lots going on but it doesn’t add up to anything cohesive or flattering. Passionately hate the shoes with it, too.

11. Alina May 21, 2011 at 04:58 #

I don’t like it.I’m really disappointed – after her photocall look I thought we’ll see something WOW at her premiere.

12. Hadara May 23, 2011 at 05:59 #