Elena Anaya becomes one of the many celebrities to wear Elie Saab Couture during the 2011 Cannes Film Festival.

For the “The Skin I Live In” Premiere the Spanish actress wore a look from the designers Spring 2011 Couture collection.

The black embroidered gown with deep sweetheart neckline and central split was teamed with a dazzling neckline I feel the dress didn’t need.

I had always pictured this dress on Angelina Jolie. It would’ve been the one time I wouldn’t have complained about her wearing a black dress.

A ‘Heidi’ braid and black peep-toes completed Elena’s look

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Eve Hewson In Chanel - 2011 Cannes Film Festival "This Must Be The Place" Premiere

Eve Hewson In Chanel – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “This Must Be The Place” Premiere

Blanca Suarez In Gucci - 2011 Cannes Film Festival "The Skin I Live In" Premiere

Blanca Suarez In Gucci – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “The Skin I Live In” Premiere

25 Responses to Elena Anaya In Elie Saab Couture – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “The Skin I Live In” Premiere

1. AW May 20, 2011 at 19:36 #

The dress is gorgeous and I actually don’t mind the necklace.

Every time I see plain black shoes I instantly fall asleep.

• Tahj May 20, 2011 at 20:19 #

I like the necklace, gives it extra sophistication. And I’m usually hard on how people coordinate necklace with dress.

2. nico May 20, 2011 at 19:37 #

typical elie saab. bland, safe and boring.

3. Tatiana May 20, 2011 at 19:42 #

Elena looks great but I still would love to see this on Angelina Jolie or Megan Fox. They would work this Elie Saab Couture to its very seams.

• Emi May 20, 2011 at 20:06 #

Well said/written.

4. Anna May 20, 2011 at 19:47 #

Elie Saab spring 2011 couture had so many amazing black dresses, yet I feel she chose the less interesting. and I agree with you FC, it would’ve looked better with a bare neck.

5. Tahj May 20, 2011 at 20:18 #

I feel you on the Angelina Jolie comment. It would have been one black dress that she would have dazzled in and people would stop complaining about it being boring just because it’s black.

6. Bego May 20, 2011 at 20:32 #

I personally really liked Elena’s look, of course she’s not Angelina Jolie but I think she did it justice

7. Lucía May 20, 2011 at 20:49 #

It’s okay but not great. And I agree that the necklace was not needed. Too much sparkly stuff on her.

8. Claire May 20, 2011 at 21:35 #

Who’s the charming guy standing next to her ? The one who’s not Almodovar ? I was ready to comment on HIS strange combo shirt + bow tie but then I looked at his face and I did not have the heart to do it.
    She looks fine, a bit on the boring side, but fine.

• goldfish February 23, 2012 at 09:39 #

it is Jan Cornet :) the male version of Elena Anaya in the movie “la piel que habito”, which is an amazing film that i strongly recommend!

9. MARIO May 20, 2011 at 22:32 #

I’m so sad! you pictured on Angie… I pictured in BLAKE LIVELY! I Think this dress was meant to be used by her! I’m really sad…..

10. Matt R May 20, 2011 at 22:34 #

Does this not remind anyone of Angelina Jolie’s 2009 Oscar gown, which was Elie Saab? I mean don’t get me wrong, I love how the gown looks on Elena, and I like the necklace, but if you put this picture and a picture of Angelina’s Oscar gown, the only differences I see are the deeper V in the Elena’s bodice, and the thigh high slit being more prominent. Angelina’s gown had a bit more material and flowed more, but it’s really similar. And I love me some Elie Saab gowns.

11. NH May 20, 2011 at 22:41 #

I so badly wanted Angelina Jolie to wear this gown..This gown is for her, she wouldve looked AMAZING…can she still wear it even though someone else has already worn it before?

• rawda May 23, 2011 at 00:21 #

Angelina has Donatella Versace on speed dial to order custom earth-shattering Atelier gowns. I don’t think she will settle for hand-me-downs.

12. Rebecca May 20, 2011 at 22:47 #

I just don’t get the Heidi braid thing–especially with a sexy revealing gown.

• CreoleLady May 21, 2011 at 12:02 #

Neither do I. Instantly brought down the look in my eyes.

13. Femme May 20, 2011 at 22:57 #

My mind instantly jumped on how great this dress would look on Angelina too! it has Jolie written all over it, I´m kinda surprised you haven´t said anything about her shoes though, what a bummer though, I have to say that I love, love, love this dress!

• Mia Spring May 21, 2011 at 03:22 #

I agree! Nice dress, but I prefer Angelina to wear it~ It just looks plain and boring on Elena Anaya

14. Hisadora May 20, 2011 at 23:58 #

This dress had always been one of my favorites from this collection and then she just ruins it with that necklace????????? the black shoes doesn’t help either….

15. Jerrri May 21, 2011 at 03:12 #

A dazzling Elie Saab gown! This designer is a genius!
    She looks like a million bucks!

16. Alina May 21, 2011 at 04:53 #

I wish she had opted for some stunning earrings instead of the necklace , but she does look beautiful.

17. Ayesha May 21, 2011 at 06:24 #

it would’ve looked far superior on someone like angelina jolie but i do like it on elena too except for the necklace….it’s too much!!

18. Lola May 22, 2011 at 07:46 #

Angelina would never wear a drep neckline like this. I agere that the person this dress was made for is Blake Lively she is young and fresh enough. The necklace and the Heidi braid totally ruins this look… Aside from that the dress looks stunning in itself the actress too… Just mot with this updo

19. Katharina April 10, 2012 at 12:14 #

I am having this dress remade for my school formal in June. Do you believe it should be hair up or down? I am so stumped with this dress and what to do with my hair. No necklace and if at all maybe earrings (most likely silver hooks or
    Something)
    I definitely agree with most about Elena’s shoes. They just do not work!
    Thanks so much for your help!!!