Michelle Rodriguez wowed me at the 2011 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala during 2011 Cannes Film Festival this evening.

I make that twice in one year.

The actress seems to be taking the red carpet more seriously these days, which was perfectly showcased by her wearing this Jean Fares Couture gown tonight.

I love the pretty pink colour on her. I don’t think she’s ever worn anything this delicate.

The open back dress looks to be paying an homage to Celine Dion’s Oscar tuxedo don’t you think?

As well as having embellished pockets, the gown also has embellishments cascading down the back.

I have to say I love this effort from her, despite the gown being too long at the front.

Credit: Jean Fares Couture.com & Getty

amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala Red Carpet Roundup

amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala Red Carpet Roundup

Freida Pinto In Lanvin - 2011 amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Freida Pinto In Lanvin – 2011 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala

19 Responses to Michelle Rodriguez In Jean Fares Couture – 2011 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala

1. maria May 19, 2011 at 19:05 #

it’s beautiful. She also has a great body to pull it off. Unfortunately, i cannot oversee the long hem. What is up on the red carpet right now? Everybody is wearing the long trousers that drape over the floor… Can nobody afford a seamstress. They are putting an entire field out of a job…..

2. Alina May 19, 2011 at 19:08 #

I’m glad she made an effort.

3. LizLemooooon May 19, 2011 at 19:18 #

LOVE IT! Love the back detail of the gown, love the minimal but on point accessories and hair and make up. She looks gorgeous and elegant. I’d like her to be a bit more edgy/sexy yet still classic coz I think that’s more her style but this is a really great look.

4. rawda May 19, 2011 at 19:21 #

sorry if i was rude, FC!

5. Fernando May 19, 2011 at 19:30 #

The dress is perfect, the hair, everything but, i really think she needs makeup. With lashes, and more work in her eyes she would have looked perfect, she looks like if she just saw that dress put it on and done.

6. pam May 19, 2011 at 19:31 #

The gown is gorgeous, but the fit is not good. I think sometimes when a star borrows clothes they are limited to the amount of alterations they can do. The hair, however, belongs to Michelle. Too bad she didn’t alter that.

7. Tahj May 19, 2011 at 19:36 #

That back is AMAZING.

8. eimear May 19, 2011 at 19:53 #

I kinda think her hair and make up look like shes just come from the gym…

9. Incroyable May 19, 2011 at 19:57 #

The gown is BEAU.TI.FUL, the detail is truly breathtaking. As for Michelle I give her an ‘A’ for effort & trying something new, but much could be done to make this look better/perfect.

10. Tatiana May 19, 2011 at 19:58 #

It know this is a stretch, but BDOTW for me because she looks great. She 99% of the time is a mess, so this is incredible.

11. Hisadora May 19, 2011 at 19:59 #

Now this is a good! I think she looks absolutely perfect! Hair, make up, gown, everything looks amazing here!

12. Kaylie May 19, 2011 at 20:10 #

I think this is the best look I’ve ever seen from her. (Other than, as you mentioned, it being a bit too long in the front). I can forgive that :)

13. Christine May 19, 2011 at 20:10 #

The gown is stunning but a bit lost on someone so playful as Michelle Rodriguez. I would have preferred to see it worn by a more statuesque and regal lady like Nicole Kidman for instance. Her posture, especially on the second picture, is unattractive.

14. DivaMom May 19, 2011 at 20:21 #

Not cute. Love the pockets on the dress, though.

15. robbie May 19, 2011 at 20:35 #

its the most feminine she has looked for a longgggggg time! shame about the hair though.

16. thehighstreethobo May 19, 2011 at 21:23 #

She looks fab, I wish she had added some earrings though

17. Carmen Sandiego May 20, 2011 at 02:55 #

Love the effort, but this dress belongs on a Cate Blanchett or Victoria Beckham. Someone softer, more statuesque. But again, it’s great to see her looking this good.

18. kim May 20, 2011 at 07:09 #

to me, this is the most beautiful dress i’ve seen this year

19. Cheryl Wong May 20, 2011 at 14:33 #

For the first time in a really long time, I’ve fallen for a dress with pockets. Not just any dress though…A red-carpet worthy gown. I hope Michelle keeps it up. She looks great here. I could choose her as Best Dressed at this event but unfortunately she wasn’t on the poll. Perhaps BDOTW?