Freida Pinto In Lanvin – 2011 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Freida Pinto shunned the formal gown dress code and opted for something funkier at the 2011 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala during the 2011 Cannes Film Festival this evening.

Whilst I’m slightly disappointed Freida Pinto didn’t wear a pretty gown, but I do like that she was bold enough to wear this Lanvin Fall 2010 lurex mini dress.

To have made me love this dress Freida would’ve needed to pull the belt down an inch or two, worn some sexy Nicholas Kirkwood heels, pulled her hair back into a tight ponytail and been on the red carpet at the MTV Movie Awards.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala Red Carpet Roundup

amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala Red Carpet Roundup

Brooke Shields In Marchesa - 2011 amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Brooke Shields In Marchesa – 2011 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala

12 Responses to Freida Pinto In Lanvin – 2011 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala

1. Alina May 19, 2011 at 19:22 #

Overall this is a good look. Just good. But,just like you’ve said,not for this event.

2. pam May 19, 2011 at 19:27 #

What makes people think a dress code doesn’t apply to them? If you aren’t sure what the proper dress is…ASK. It is an insult to the host and everyone else who went to the trouble to dress properly to ignore the dress code. Also, I think that dress is ugly.

3. mm May 19, 2011 at 19:34 #

LOL!

4. Gigi May 19, 2011 at 19:47 #

LOL! LOL! You are so right on. She looks dreadful… and that dress…how to make a slim beauty look like a frump!

5. yvett May 19, 2011 at 19:56 #

It is a great dress, but I think in this occasion, I prefer the runway styling, plus the model just had more edge to wear this look. Freda can’t really do this dress justice. Disappointed.

6. Tatiana May 19, 2011 at 19:57 #

I completely agree with you FC. Freida is one who always shines in gowns so I am shocked she passed this excellent opportunity. Freida is the starlet I want to see on every red carpet as much as possible, so it is a shame she isn’t on the MTV Movie Awards red carpet.

7. fromchi-town May 19, 2011 at 20:02 #

What happened ? Don’t like the look.

8. Kaylie May 19, 2011 at 20:14 #

The belt is too high and it makes her look boxy. Such a shame.

9. Pati May 19, 2011 at 20:49 #

It is awful. Not only is it event inappropriate, but she also ruined the whole look! It needed much more edge and playfulness in the accessories and hair-style! Even the attitude is wrong for this dress! So disappointed! I think it is such a shame, because I love the dress!

10. Emi May 19, 2011 at 20:59 #

Even if I can appreciate the fact that she’s been bold, this look sucks. I agree with you, FC, about everything you said about accessories and the potential right event.

11. KateS May 20, 2011 at 06:00 #

lol re: MTV movie awards. I agree, a cool dress, but badly styled and just wrong for the event.

12. Lucía May 20, 2011 at 13:36 #

I don’t like it. It’s a mess and I don’t like how it fits on her shoulders