Milla Jovovich In Prada – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “La Conquete” Premiere

Milla Jovovich gave us something totally fresh and new on the red carpet for the “La Conquete” Premiere during 2011 Cannes Film Festival this evening.

She wore Prada white and nude gown which was embellished with bugle beads.

I love the red trim with the low slung belt.

Trust Milla to give us an interesting take on what is essentially a shirt dress.

On trend retro curls, red lips and a red Sergio Rossi shoulder bag completed her look.

Like? Love? Not right for Cannes?

Credit: Getty

47 thoughts on “Milla Jovovich In Prada – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “La Conquete” Premiere

1. Paddy M

Totally right for Cannes. I love this. The colour combination is gorgeous, the red trim is lovely. The low slung belt effect is so on trend. The skirt part of the dress is shimmering. Her hair and make-up and perfect, and the bag is delightful. I can’t imagine how this wouldn’t be my BDOTD.

2. Tatiana

Love! Milla is my girl crush and fashion icon and even though this look isn’t my style, I appreciate it because it is different and something only Milla can get away with. She always wears this fabulous “I know you want me” face! Her earrings are gorgeous- they mach the chain of her bag! I also love how she always uses her husband as an accessory! ;)

3. Lee Ann

I think this look is pure perfection and spot on for Cannes . It is very evocative of Cannes in it’s early days are far more suited than some of these giant taffeta numbers

4. Rach

Wow. I think Milla looks incredible here. I love how different and fresh this whole look is but still looks perfect for Cannes, unlike some of the other strange looks we’ve seen so far. It’s a bit of departure in style for Milla too but as ever, she carries it off with great panache!

5. Zarin

It’s interesting and she looks great but I wish she’d gone easier on her eye makeup. It feels just a tad heavy to me.

6. Laura

One thing about this look is really bugging me. The red on the trim and the red on the belt seem to be slightly different shades. That’s really irking me for some reason.

But I do like that it’s something different.

7. Luis

I’m so afraid of this collection but it doesn’t translated bad. This prada low waist collection seems so strange, maybe it’s in the beginning…

8. -N

Perfect for Cannes. The style of this dress is very European & effortless .. with the retro curls she glamed it up and made it appropriate for a film festival ;)

9. noo

this makes no sense whatsoever. i usually hate the style of the belt and neckline but this is sooooo right :D it has the right fabric, color and embellishments for cannes. so i don’t see why it shouldn’t be fit :D

10. Kaylie

I like the “far away” shot, but the close up looks like… a secretary. Or a picture of my grandma when she was younger and working as a secretary in the 50s.

1. Sharon

LOL. On behalf of all of us secretaries from the 50s (and 60s), thank you. I only wish I had looked this good. I think Milla is lovely.

11. Emi

I don’t love it, I adore it! Such a fresh look, I love everything, hair, make up… plus I have a fashion crush on Milla, this is one of the most beautiful and interesting outfit of the festival.

12. From Russia With Love

I haven’t been excited for Mila’s look for… for… FOREVER. This is amazing.

13. mochababe73

Even though I don’t like it, I like it for Cannes. Like the MET Gala, Cannes is a time to step out of the box and do something different.
    For me, even if I am not fashionista enough to like the look, I do want to see something that’s not the same old ball gown.
    Love the hair and make-up.

14. Dazzle

From the waist up I LOVE this look. But the bottom being a different color ruins it for me. I wish it had been white all the way down. I do love her hair,jewels and makeup.

15. Tahj

I would have loved this if the skirt was white too instead of beige, kind of kills the look for me.

1. Moxie

I agree! The top and bottom just don’t go. The skirt should have been either white like the top or a very different color. White and beige are too close together.

2. Fiona

Agree – I LOVE the style of this dress and her whole 30′s vibe (I love anything with a vintage feel) and her hair and jewels just go so beautifully. The beading is amazing, just the bottom of the dress being a different shade just throws things off for me a little. Still I’m only quibbling about perfection.

16. AnderBoBo

As a gay man I can say I would 100% reconsider my sexuality for this goddess of a woman! Milla can do no wrong in my eyes and once again she is serving such effortless sophistication and glamour!

17. Raquel

Love it!! Very nice.Mila is always a hit or miss with me, but this time she is perfection.

18. KateS

I usually don’t like her style much, but I find this retro look just adorable. I like the light, airy colours but glam textures – very Cannes.