Madonna In Miu Miu – ‘Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular’

Two days ago it was announced that Haliee Steinfeld, who wore Prada and Miu Miu almost exclusively during her Awards season run, would be the new fresh face for Miu Miu’s Fall 2011 campaign.

So you might find it ironic that Madonna was seen wearing a look from Miu Miu’s Fall 2011 collection.

The singer wore her 40s-style dress to the ‘Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular’ in Chicago last night.

Her black dress with floral embroidery and a short skirt overlay was paired with bold red lips andJimmy Choo ‘Private’ patent-leather sandals.

I’m not crazy about the fit on Madonna, as the dress makes her look a tad boxy.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jennifer Lopez In Tom Ford  - 4th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

Jennifer Lopez In Tom Ford – 4th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

Eve Hewson In Miu Miu - 2011 Cannes Film Festival "This Must Be The Place" Photocall

Eve Hewson In Miu Miu – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “This Must Be The Place” Photocall

23 Responses to Madonna In Miu Miu – ‘Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular’

1. Martin May 18, 2011 at 13:50 #

I was quite surprised that Miu Miu chose to go with Hailee actually, particularly to model this collection in the campaign. I know she looked great in Prada and Miu Miu during awards season, but most commentators and critics noted that the fall 2011 Miu Miu collection was one of the more refined, elegant and “older” collections that Miuccia has presented recently so to choose a 14 year old to be its public face in print is an, um, interesting choice.

As for Madonna, nothing in this look is working for her. The length is unflattering and makes her legs look thick, the skirt overlay looks too long and flat and there is no body and bulk in that blue bow. Fails on all counts unfortunately, apart from the red lips.

• Lee Ann May 18, 2011 at 15:59 #

Martin-Couldn’t agree more. In fact Miu Miu was more Prada than Prada this season. Furthermore the prices are eye wateringly expensive with the result that I do not want to shell out for an outfit modelled by a tween.

• Tatiana May 18, 2011 at 16:38 #

I agree. I don’t think it is a good decision. I am conservative (to my own surprise) when it comes to teens modeling designers. Teens should model for clothing that teens can AFFORD.

• Megan May 18, 2011 at 18:01 #

The shape is all wrong on her besides that I definitely feel that hailee for a number of reasons should not be the next face especially due to her age she is 14!!!

2. Incroyable May 18, 2011 at 14:57 #

HORRIBLE FIT! This look was a total fail in my opinion.

3. Mario May 18, 2011 at 15:03 #

Actually Michelle Williams at the MET Gala was the first one to wear a Miu Miu Fall 2011 look, even though it wasn’t presented like that on the runway it had the same print and style as the one used in the collection :)

• Fashion Critic May 18, 2011 at 15:07 #

thanks

• Incroyable May 18, 2011 at 16:27 #

OMG, I was going to put that in my comment, but I thought FC meant Madonna was the first to wear an actual look from the runway show so I didn’t bother.

4. mochababe73 May 18, 2011 at 15:07 #

My biggest problem with this dress is that she chose to wear it so long. Madonna definitely has the body and shape to pull of the shorter length.
    Even though the picture is a little dark, you can tell that the waist detail is not flattering on her.

5. mari May 18, 2011 at 15:12 #

with those shoes and that lenght of her skirt, her feet totlly look like an old lady’s.
    Sorry, Madonna, because that would be the last thing she wants to hear.

6. GusMex May 18, 2011 at 15:14 #

Is she going back to the geisha look? hehehe, looks like nothing really matters but shorter

7. Alina May 18, 2011 at 15:46 #

I’m glad she’s beging to opt for more age-appropiate looks.

FC, do you know who designed the long dress that Beyonce wore at the same event?

• Alina May 18, 2011 at 16:13 #

*beginning

8. Lee Ann May 18, 2011 at 16:07 #

If you scroll up from the feet she looks like Norma Batty.

• Fashion Critic May 18, 2011 at 16:22 #

you really kill me LOL

9. Sara May 18, 2011 at 16:28 #

Yes, i agree boxy. and the skirt overlay looks like an apron. LOL

10. Tatiana May 18, 2011 at 16:39 #

I hated this look the SECOND I saw it. She looks awful. Stuppy, frumpy and like a 55 year old sweaty housewife scrubbing the sink.

11. Laura May 18, 2011 at 17:23 #

Not a fan. It cuts her up in too many places and just isn’t Madonna enough for me.

12. Sharon May 18, 2011 at 18:36 #

She makes this dress look like it came from a used-a-bit shop. She even ruins the look of the shoes, which are among my all-time favorites.

13. Rach May 18, 2011 at 19:20 #

I like this dress on the runway, but it looks really drab and frumpy on Madonna. Sorry Madge!

14. -N May 18, 2011 at 19:39 #

THATS SOOO NOT MADONNA !!

15. Alicat May 19, 2011 at 02:53 #

Perhaps it is the shadows in the photo which make this dress look worse than it is, particularly around the hips and “cankles”. I hope so anyway. The overall look is very matronly and ageing, and on a woman who goes to great lengths to appear younger than she is, it seems even more so.

16. Raquel May 19, 2011 at 05:44 #

This lenght ages any woman! Awful. Awful.