18.05.11 Premiere

Jodie Foster In Balenciaga – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “Melancholia” Premiere

Jodie Foster opted for navy again tonight on the red carpet for the “Melancholia” Premiere during the 2011 Cannes Film Festival.

Navy is clearly her colour because this Balenciaga gold chain halter dress looks amazing on her.

Her blue eyes really pop.

I wish she had done something different with her hair to prevent a deja vu feeling from yesterday’s premiere.

You may remember Emma Stone wore a shimmering silver version of this dress to the 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards earlier this year.

Credit: Getty

Charlotte Gainsbourg - 2011 Cannes Film Festival "Melancholia" Premiere

Charlotte Gainsbourg – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “Melancholia” Premiere

Jane Fonda In Marios Schwab - Cinema for Peace Charity Dinner

Jane Fonda In Marios Schwab – Cinema for Peace Charity Dinner

11 Responses to Jodie Foster In Balenciaga – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “Melancholia” Premiere

1. dee May 18, 2011 at 22:37 #

She looks great but I wish this was another color besides blue since she wore that color yesterday.

2. Anna May 18, 2011 at 22:52 #

wooow, I’m impressed. She looks beyond gorgeous, put the main stars of the movie to shame. One of my favourite dress from Cannes this year, and this was the festival’s best dressed year ever. It’s nice to see a classic elegant gown amongst all the extravagant ones, quite refreshing.

3. Tahj May 18, 2011 at 23:13 #

And she’s almost 50. Talk about aging well. I wish she put her hair up though. But navy blue just looks great on the red carpet and it looks great on her because she has the bluest eyes. Which blue dress do you like best fashion critic, the one from today or yesterday?

• Fashion Critic May 18, 2011 at 23:19 #

I loved the Armani.

4. Karen May 18, 2011 at 23:17 #

I’m just glad Jodie didn’t wear Armani again and again.

• Tahj May 18, 2011 at 23:28 #

I like her in armani. It’s a classic match. She was one of the stars along with Michelle Pfeiffer to really put armani on the red carpet map in the early 90s. I like when stars have a partnership with a designer. This dress might not be armani, but it’s nice.

5. Tatiana May 19, 2011 at 00:46 #

I agree about the hair causing de ja vu. The dress is alright and not quite meh but still not the Armani you know?

6. Laura May 19, 2011 at 00:59 #

Wow, I don’t really like the satiny fabric, but I love it here. Jodie looks great.

7. Raquel May 19, 2011 at 05:34 #

It’s her color, I agree. Lovely dress, though it looks a little tight arounds her hips/belly.

8. Emi May 19, 2011 at 08:49 #

I really like the neckline detail, but this fabric needs a perfect figure…

9. Cristina May 27, 2011 at 19:11 #

Not that she doesn’t look good, but could she have worn a different color? Was her whole suitcase for Cannes filled with navy blue??