16.05.11 Sidewalk Style

Airport Style: Cheryl Cole In By Malene Birger, Splendid & Joseph

Cheryl Cole’s L’Oreal Cannes Film Festival duties appear to be over, as she was spotted leaving Cannes and arriving at JFK yesterday.

I’m guessing she’s in New York for the next round of X Factor US auditions.

Her airport style included a hot pink Splendid vintage whisper cotton tank with electric blue Jospeh Ange cotton cropped pants proving that she’s loving the colour-blocking trend.

I love the pink and blue pieces, but the cream By Malene Birger Bilas linen-blend crepe jacket throws the look off a tad for me.

My guess is she added the cream jacket to complement the cream nappa leather panel on her Christian Louboutin Mago suede platforms.

Ray-Ban metal-frame aviator sunglasses completed her look.

Do you like this look with or without the jacket?

Credit: Xposure Photos

Clara Paget In Peter Pilotto - 'Gentleman's Wager' London Screening

Clara Paget In Peter Pilotto – ‘Gentleman’s Wager’ London Screening

Nice Airport Style: Zoe Saldana In Lanvin

Nice Airport Style: Zoe Saldana In Lanvin

25 Responses to Airport Style: Cheryl Cole In By Malene Birger, Splendid & Joseph

1. justme May 16, 2011 at 15:22 #

She got the colour-blocking trend right this time.
    I wouldn’t have worn it but I don’t mind the jacket.

2. Luis May 16, 2011 at 15:24 #

The photo you choose look so flattering. Because the other photos she looks so so bad, the pants were too short and look like sha has a big big booty. And the shoes don’t match the colour of the pants. She looks so fat and bad… She lost her fashion sense…

• Fashion Critic May 16, 2011 at 15:27 #

LOL…its funny you say that because it took me ages to select a decent photo because they were mostly bad as you say.

• kate mccarthy May 16, 2011 at 20:34 #

fat?really?jeesh.thats despicable. and for Fashion Critic to not only post your comment but to respond with a LOL in her reply is beyond disappointing.i doubt she will post this but i just want my opinion heard.as a recovering anorexic i lost the best years of my life in and out of treatment centres and each day is a battle,you live with it every time you choose what to eat,every single day, so to read someone who i guess is a size 8 be called fat,well its just so…..sad.

• Fashion Critic May 16, 2011 at 20:38 #

Kate, my LOL was in reference to Luis’ comment regarding photo selection not to his comment that Cheryl is fat, because I don’t think she is.

Sorry but I am too tired to get into another debate after the Sonam debate yesterday.

• kate mccarthy May 16, 2011 at 20:53 #

the quote All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ comes to mind.a simple ‘i dont think she is fat Luis’ would have been a positive engagement,you may not realise but you do have a responsibility to at least make the digression about what you were laughing about. and the comment about photo selection made you LOL?you must really be tired.

• Luis May 16, 2011 at 20:46 #

Blind is who does not want to see! For me clothes should be something that embrace the woman body and that enhances the best parts. And when I said she looks fat what I meant is that the trousers are so so unflattering… And I’m so tired of the debate fashion/anorexia because for me it’s such a cynical…

• kate mccarthy May 16, 2011 at 21:08 #

Choose your words more carefully then, flippancy about calling a woman who is very plainly thin ‘fat’ is just not cool. you reveal in your reply that you actually have a valid point to make about a woman enhancing the best parts of their body etc,etc. but unfortunately you went for the cheap shot in your original post. also what is the end of your sentence? cynical…..?

3. Marvel May 16, 2011 at 15:38 #

She looks so cool. I must admit I love the colour combination. It looks like she’s trying too hard but I love the result

4. Lils May 16, 2011 at 15:46 #

It’s a nice look

5. Thomas Monks May 16, 2011 at 15:47 #

she redems her try on color with this over that horrid look she had at the 1st x factor audition. FC the amFAR Cannes Gala is thursday are u as excited as I Pr

6. Christine May 16, 2011 at 15:54 #

Judging from this picture, I think she looks lovely. I love matchy matchy so wearing the jacket to match the cream in the shoes to me is very pleasing.

• mm May 16, 2011 at 16:16 #

I agree. The chain/strap of the bag throws it off a bit. She needed the jacket to pull the look together as to not look sloppy.

7. Reese May 16, 2011 at 16:10 #

From this angle, she looks outstanding. I would have preferred different shoes because the blues are quite different. P.S. Cheryl is in New York for the Fox Upfronts. They’ll be happening at 4 PM EDT.

8. Katie May 16, 2011 at 16:23 #

I love this look

9. Rose May 16, 2011 at 16:31 #

I like it with the jacket. To have worn a blazer in blue would have made the outfit too costumey and loud, any other color would throw off the outfit. Cream was the perfect choice as it grounds the outfit and lets the other pieces make a statement.

10. seggie May 16, 2011 at 16:37 #

I really like the colour combination, it’s a fresh and lovely look… she hit it right this time! She also definitely spent some money on net-a-porter… good job she used her few neurones to match the top with something else than “what to wear with’ suggests ;-)

11. k.b.s May 16, 2011 at 16:45 #

She has no taste, which could explain that dress she wore with the large, golden testicles hanging from her chest in Cannes.

• seggie May 16, 2011 at 17:09 #

LOL @golden testicles hanging from her chest

12. Azalea May 16, 2011 at 16:54 #

love the colour blocking! shoes to die for.

13. Tatiana May 16, 2011 at 19:30 #

I like this look. Even the cream blazer. She put effort and I think it worked.

14. Lara May 16, 2011 at 19:32 #

Does anyone know where can I find the cream jacket she is wearing?! I have been looking for one like this for ages! :-)
    Thanks

15. Lucía May 16, 2011 at 20:00 #

I really like it :) she always looks great

16. Anna May 17, 2011 at 02:15 #

I love the way she looks here, I think she’s back to he old fashion sense.

17. Eileen May 19, 2011 at 12:37 #

she looks like Khloe Kardashian here.