16.05.11 Premiere

As the newest L’Oreal girl on the block, I was most excited about seeing Gwen Stefani at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival.

This evening the singer/designer arrived on the red carpet with her husband Gavin Rossdale, to attend “The Tree Of Life” Premiere.

Sadly my excitement turned to a tinge of disappointment at the overwhelming feeling of deja vu.

That’s because supermodel Iman has already worn this sequined same Stella McCartney jumpsuit in gold to the 2011 Met Gala just two weeks ago to the day, plus she also sported a similar mass of voluminous curly locks.

I don’t hate the look, but I wish I hadn’t seen it before and I also wish she’d opted for a gown.

I love that she opted for a punchy pink pout, instead of her trademark red lippie.

Credit: Getty

Zoe Saldana In Armani Privé - 2011 Cannes Film Festival “The Tree Of Life” Premiere

Zoe Saldana In Armani Privé – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “The Tree Of Life” Premiere

Li Bing Bing In Elie Saab Couture - 2011 Cannes Film Festival "The Tree Of Life" Premiere

Li Bing Bing In Elie Saab Couture – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “The Tree Of Life” Premiere

14 Responses to Gwen Stefani In Stella McCartney – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “The Tree Of Life” Premiere

1. Tatiana May 16, 2011 at 20:11 #

I am not taken with this look. She looks cheap, like a you know, dressing up. I can’t warm up to this, especially the makeup and hair and especially the lipstick color.

• Lee Ann May 16, 2011 at 20:25 #

She always looks cheap!

2. couturecoco May 16, 2011 at 20:19 #

I was never a fan of the jumpsuit the first time around but Gwen looks AMAZING in this – LOVE the material, style and shape. Her hair and make up are just retro enough but still look relevant for now. It’s perfect for her body! Brilliant and my fav celeb look so far.

3. Terry May 16, 2011 at 20:24 #

The outfit is quite bland, but I really like her curly hairstyle. The lipstick choice is disappointing: one of her symbols is red lipstick (she even advertises one for L’Oreal), so I think she should have worn it.

4. Luis May 16, 2011 at 20:31 #

I like her lips but I hate the make up. She looks su much much better than Iman, but didn’t wow me!

5. pam May 16, 2011 at 20:41 #

Don’t care for the makeup, especially the eyes. Much prefer the black jumpsuit to the gold but I hate when something is so low cut that you have to tape it to your chest to avoid a peep show.

6. ZG May 16, 2011 at 20:45 #

She’s looking fine..her skin is radiant and make-up is good too and the hair suits her. FC where’re the met gala photoes? I don’t see them in your blog.

• Fashion Critic May 16, 2011 at 20:47 #

Red Carpet Events, then Met Gala

7. carol May 16, 2011 at 20:46 #

why gwen whyyyy? i hate the hair and the make up

8. Emi May 16, 2011 at 20:52 #

When I saw the post on Fb, since the photo is very small, I thought “Is Christina Aguilera in Cannes?”. And it’s not a compliment. She looks tacky, she’s definitely a cool woman, but not classy. I agree with Pam about the tape, I hate when you can see that it’s been used, considering the unnatural shape of the neckline. She also looks like she doesn’t have a waistline. To me, it’s a big miss, this is Cannes, Europe, not Mtv Vma’s in Las Vegas.

9. alannah May 17, 2011 at 00:46 #

ooooh i looooove this look. that pink pout is the best part of it. & her gorgeous eyes. beautiful.

10. KateS May 17, 2011 at 02:49 #

It’s not bad, and I like that she’s retained a bit of her rock-star vibe instead of trying a cotton-candy mermaid dress, but I agree this could have been better.

11. Raquel May 17, 2011 at 07:51 #

Actually the pink lips really ruins this look for me, because it makes such a beautiful piece look very cheap.

And yes, IMAN – capital always – for the win. But then, when is IMAN wrong? Little Gwen never had a chance.

12. Alina May 17, 2011 at 16:56 #

She wears it better than Iman , IMO.
    I don’t like the make-up in the close-up but overall she looks glamorous.