15.05.11

Vanessa Hudgens In Roberto Cavalli – CAA Cannes Party

I was pleasantly surprised by Vanessa Hudgens at the CAA Party which took place at the Soho House during the 2011 Cannes Film Festival last night.

The young actress – who appears to be making up the numbers à la Camilla Belle circa Cannes 2010 – wore an embellished Roberto Cavalli dress to the event which I actually like, despite being constantly confused by her style.

Her sleeveless dress was teamed with some complementary accessories which included a gold armlet, gold ring, tiled bracelet and dangling earrings.

I also really love her updo.

Credit: Getty

Zooey Deschanel's Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Zooey Deschanel’s Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Emily Browning In Miu Miu - Finch's Quarterly Review Filmmakers Dinner

Emily Browning In Miu Miu – Finch’s Quarterly Review Filmmakers Dinner

16 Responses to Vanessa Hudgens In Roberto Cavalli – CAA Cannes Party

1. couturecoco May 15, 2011 at 18:25 #

Looks shapeless on her, maybe a bad angle but the material and cut of the dress do nothing for me on such a length. Maybe as a tighter mini dress?

2. Terry May 15, 2011 at 18:30 #

Great make-up.

3. Emi May 15, 2011 at 18:41 #

I don’t like it, there’s something about the fit that doesn’t convince me, it seems too large for her, especially on the hips. Also, the jewelry is a bit tacky, particularly the bracelet she has on her bicipital (I don’t know if in english there’s a specific name, is that the armlet you’re talking about?).

4. justme May 15, 2011 at 18:42 #

I like the dress but not necessarily on Vanessa. She tends to want to hobo-ify everything she wears with the accessories and sometimes, most of the time actually lol, I’m not feeling it.

5. Lexy132 May 15, 2011 at 18:52 #

Can you please feature her other look from Cannes? She wore Calvin Klein (to the same even as SJP) but you didn’t feature her. Please! xx

6. Marvel May 15, 2011 at 19:11 #

Oh yay, another ‘Professional Red Carpet Walker’ I can hardly contain my excitement. She is famous for starring in High School Musical, what is she doing here???
    On the topic of Camilla, she’s really slowing down, no Met Gala and no Cannes (so far). There really is a god.
    The dress is tacky but thats what I expect from Cavalli. I must admit though, I do like her hair

• Sarah May 15, 2011 at 19:31 #

That’s not really fair. I don’t follow her but I think this is really the only set of events she’s ever been to without a movie to hawk? She’s not usually on random red carpets.

• Luisa May 15, 2011 at 19:48 #

She is the “new” face in that agency (CAA), and has a couple of projects announced in Cannes. Besides I think she recently ended a promo tour for 2 movies, and i think she start filming another one this month (she said that in the CK event)… so not another Camilla Bell hahaha

• Fashion Critic May 15, 2011 at 19:49 #

OK that makes sense, I thought she was a random

• P. May 15, 2011 at 22:38 #

Please, don’t compare VH with Camilla, it’s a heresy. Camilla is so gorgeous, so stylish, flawless, she is a real DIVA. Vanessa Hudgens is cheesy, plus a tacky Cavalli dress, the whole thing gets even worst. And for those who always judge Camilla for just being a “red carpet professional walker”, they bite their tongues. While celebrities were/are walking at the met and cannes’ red carpet, she is on set for a new movie, so stop talking untruths about her!!!!

7. Sarah May 15, 2011 at 19:32 #

The fit is a bit off and the eyebrow is a bit thick, but I like the height of the hair.

8. Lucía May 15, 2011 at 20:07 #

I can’t like this. It fits kind of weird around her waist, and I don’t love the dress anyway

9. serenissima May 15, 2011 at 23:22 #

im confused. i really dont even know what else to say… the look makes no sense to me… a sequined floor-length shift dress with a hippie armband and a casual updo? bangs all in the face? INCREDIBLY heavy makeup? where is she going? i dont get it

10. Jennesia May 15, 2011 at 23:51 #

beautiful make-up and hair. That is all.

11. mochababe73 May 16, 2011 at 01:54 #

I like the dress on her. She still retains her little bohemian style along with looking like an adult. I just find the side swoop to be too heavy.

12. KateS May 16, 2011 at 04:20 #

I like the idea of it on her – the dark metallics are wonderful against her skin – but as is so often the case, the fit and her accessories ruin the potential.