2011 Cannes Film Festival “Wu Xia” Photocall

Tang Wei arrived at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival “Wu Xia” Photocall in very good spirits.

Astrid Berges-Frisbey has made Chanel so boring for me over the past few days, that I’m glad Tang Wei was able breath life and vitality into this Chanel Spring 2011 ensemble.

I would never have picked this look for any celebrity in the fear it would look matronly or costumey, but I love it on Tang Wei who is effervescent and charming.

Her jewels are complementary and I love her black strappy shoe choice.

I know many of you have issues with this tea length, but I love it on this occasion.

Li Xiao Ran and Kara Hui also attended the photocall.

You may remember I was in love with Li Xiao Ran Elie Saab Spring 2011 dress when I saw it presented on the runway in Paris.

I hoped to see Megan Fox wear this dress on the red carpet, so I’m really disappointed it has become a photocall dress plus those tan shoes paired with this dress will haunt me for life.

Kara Hui opted for a red strapless dress with a puffy skirt and a ribbon tied to the waist. This is a cute look, but again it feels too dressy for a photocall.

Sandra Ng Kwan Yu also got her photocall look right.

She arrived with Director Peter Chan wearing a Peter Pilotto Spring 2011 long sleeve dress.

The dark blue and light gray pattern silk shortened dress was paired with tan Sergio Rossi heels and an Alaia-esqe belt.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Astrid Berges-Frisbey In Chanel Couture - 2011 Cannes Film Festival "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" Photocall

Astrid Berges-Frisbey In Chanel Couture – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” Photocall

Cannes Sidewalk Style: Diane Kruger In Jean Paul Gaultier

Cannes Sidewalk Style: Diane Kruger In Jean Paul Gaultier

13 Responses to 2011 Cannes Film Festival “Wu Xia” Photocall

1. lwren May 14, 2011 at 16:33 #

Tang Wei is good but the hair is a little unsatisfying~

2. Lils May 14, 2011 at 16:41 #

They sould have worn these dresses for the premiere. I don’t like any of the lloks though apart from Kara’s.
    Li Xiao Ran’s dress is gorgeous but it looks very blah on her

• Clover May 16, 2011 at 01:20 #

Hey FC what is the purpose of a photocall? Is it just for photos? If so why do they do them in addition to eh red carpet for the actual film?

• Fashion Critic May 16, 2011 at 08:33 #

For promotion.

The press ask the stars questions at a photocall which isnt so easy at a premeire

3. Alina May 14, 2011 at 16:43 #

I love Tang Wei ‘ s look.

4. f4fashion May 14, 2011 at 16:45 #

Tan Wei is looking beautiful in her Chanel dress.
    Sandra Ng Kwan Yu should’ve lost the belt.
    Now where do I start with Li Xiao Ran? I’ll just say that’s a waste of a beautiful gown. In my mind, it will always belong to the more statuesque, tanned, preferably with better shoe choice Megan Fox.

5. Mia Spring May 14, 2011 at 16:55 #

Tang Wei looks so cute in that dress!! I mean she can take it very serious but always feeling so easy and relaxed~~I can’t wait see more from her.

Li Xiao Ran is a real beauty. I like this one more than the blue one she wore at “Wu Xia” premiere. its so pity !

6. mol May 14, 2011 at 17:42 #

Oh to have seen Megan Fox in Li Xiao Ran’s Elie Saab – it would have been perfect for her!

7. Aso May 14, 2011 at 18:37 #

yes.totally agree!very unique Tang Wei style!

8. Anne May 14, 2011 at 18:44 #

I completely agree about the Elie Saab dress. When I first saw the runway photo, I fell in love with it and it easily was on of my favorite dresses in the collection. I was super excited when I saw someone was finally wearing it, but incredibly disappointed at how it has been presented. I’m really hoping another celebrity (like Megan Fox) will wear it and bring it to life!

9. roddickzhu May 15, 2011 at 06:01 #

Tang Wei is so cute and gorgeous, serious but lovely. Li Xiaoran is totally perfect except the shoes, and Sandra is just a disaster to my eyes!!!!

10. louisa May 15, 2011 at 06:33 #

tang wei and fan bing bing are two totally different styles. fan bing bing is always beautiful and breathtaking, but tang wei makes me more comfortable. both of them are controversial
    in china.however, i am pround of both of them.

11. KateS May 15, 2011 at 13:44 #

Tang Wei looks absolutely adorable. I love this length on her – somehow she’s avoided the awkward shortening effect it often has.