13.05.11

Mia Wasikowska In Valentino – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “Restless” Photocall

Usually the Photocall comes before the Premiere, but Mia Wasikowska joined her co-stars for the 2011 Cannes Film Festival “Restless” Photocall this afternoon, following the Premiere last night.

The Australian actress looked angelic wearing a pretty pink Valentino Pre-Fall 2011 dress.

Valentino is receiving a lot of celebrity love at the moment. That’s because of their beautiful feminine pieces are classic, timeless and work for many occasions.

This lace pink dress was paired with nude Valentino heels and light pink lips.

That’s two beautiful understated looks we’ve had from Mia.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Cheryl Cole In Stephane Rolland Couture - 2011 Cannes Film Festival "Habemus Papam" Premiere

Cheryl Cole In Stephane Rolland Couture – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “Habemus Papam” Premiere

16 Responses to Mia Wasikowska In Valentino – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “Restless” Photocall

1. Terry May 13, 2011 at 16:37 #

Nice dress. This shade works well with Mia’s complexion.

2. mol May 13, 2011 at 16:42 #

I hope no one says this color washes her out because I think this pale pink is a perfect compliment to her lovely skin tone – makeup, very light, and hair look great too. Mia’s becoming someone to look out for on the RC!

• Fashion Critic May 13, 2011 at 16:43 #

I agree. The pink is perfect for her skin-tone.

• Naomi May 13, 2011 at 17:04 #

Well, since she barely uses make-up, this washes her out way less than the black dresses she usually wears, but still – I don’t like the color, or the fit of the dress on her.
      I mean, I compare this to the red Roland Mouret she wore the day before and can’t help but think “Nude sucks, color rules!!”

I just can not see the appeal of matching your cloths color to your skin color. This dress would be great on someone with a darker skin.

• mol May 13, 2011 at 17:26 #

For me, these pale tones with paler complexions project a subtle femininity that draws me in vs the drama of a strong color (like red) that causes a sharp intake of breath and a real hit of excitment. Personally, I am drawn to both effects, I don’t want fashion to be just one thing, so while I too love color, it doesn’t ‘rule’ to the exclusion of other less dramatic but no less pleasurable effects. I also love that we all have different takes on fashion as I do learn from that :-)

• Naomi May 13, 2011 at 20:27 #

I do like pale color on pale complexion, though I admit that ever since it got trendy and over-used I have an almost automatic negative reaction to it.
          The thing I really don’t like is when the nude matches the skin exactly. If this dress, for example, was just slightly more peachy or lavendery, I think I would’ve liked it a lot more,
          I do agree that it makes for a nice feminine touch, and I like that as well.

3. dee May 13, 2011 at 16:48 #

She looks lovely.

4. Alina May 13, 2011 at 17:37 #

Lovely. This is a great look.

5. Gigi May 13, 2011 at 17:59 #

This is SO Michelle Williams!

• anna May 13, 2011 at 21:55 #

agreed!

• Raquel May 14, 2011 at 04:03 #

Triple word!

6. maria May 13, 2011 at 19:11 #

she looks lovely. I love the hair and makeup. She is such a beautiful girl, but overly made up hair or makeup somehow does not work on her. Maybe because she is uncomfortable with it…

7. Emi May 13, 2011 at 20:27 #

I don’t like the shoes, but my grandma would… Not particularly impressed, anyway.

8. Lils May 14, 2011 at 09:44 #

I like the look but not the shoes

9. Laura May 15, 2011 at 17:30 #

Like this, but I feel like I’ve seen looks like this too many times on the RC of late.

10. Dhve May 16, 2011 at 08:48 #

Had there been some bright red around like lipstick and a good heel, it would have been a good look. And now without that she must have opted something bright o show off her presence!