Tilda Swinton wore Haider Ackermann at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival “We Need To Talk About Kevin” Premiere tonight.

I’m sure like me many of you expected Tilda to opt for this designer, as she’s been known to work closely with Haider Ackermann on many occasions.

Her Fall 2011 custom-made dress is inspired by a similar look on the runway.

The navy satin runway pants have become a sleek asymmetrical high-waist skirt with pockets and a side split.

Tilda’s added a Haider Ackermann scarf collar silk shantung top to complete the look.

Some of you complained about Tilda’s lack of make-up at the photocall, but she added some pink lippie on this occasion.

An Olympia Le-Tan clutch and some unfortunate Jil Sander pumps completed her look.

[nggallery id=801]
Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ashley Greene In Fendi - "Skateland" LA Premiere

Ashley Greene In Fendi – “Skateland” LA Premiere

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 2 Of Cannes Film Festival?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 2 Of Cannes Film Festival?

26 Responses to Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “We Need To Talk About Kevin” Premiere

1. Rebecca May 12, 2011 at 22:32 #

meh

2. Luis May 12, 2011 at 22:35 #

Haider Ackermann Fall 2011 was one of my favorite show. And Tilda couldn’t pull this so no one could.

3. Kaz May 12, 2011 at 22:37 #

I love the dress and the lippie, but ugh, those pumps are like a dagger to a stylish heart!

She should have swapped shoes for her photo call.

4. Vicky May 12, 2011 at 22:50 #

Oh wow. In the close up picture, Tilda’s eyes just pop. So pretty.

5. Paddy M May 12, 2011 at 23:02 #

I’m still so in love with both Tilda Swinton and Haider Ackermann, and I think their collaborations rarely fail. Much as the pumps disappoint, I think she looks as beautiful as ever otherwise. Such a shame about the shoes, considering that Jil Sander is one of my favourite design houses, and one of Tilda’s too!

6. robbie May 12, 2011 at 23:06 #

i love the shoes, the dress i just wish it wasnt halter neck from the front it looks amazing from the back not so much. strange seeing her wear such a bright lipstick, i would have suspected she would wear a more deep red.

7. CreoleLady May 12, 2011 at 23:10 #

Noooooooooo, not black pumps. Avert.

• CreoleLady May 13, 2011 at 12:58 #

This look is growing on me – even the pumps. Short of going full runway look, I think these satiny black pumps were actually a good way to go.

The thing is, I think Tilda could have pulled off the full runway look with panache. The modifications make the look less edgy and perhaps more Cannes appropriate. And perhaps affect the fit, which looks a bit odd in a couple of these pictures. The colors really do look glorious on her.

8. mol May 12, 2011 at 23:20 #

I quite like it all, save the shoes, which in a weird way seem quite Tilda to me – she’s very queenly, Tilda is, and I love her lippie.

• Jen May 13, 2011 at 00:25 #

Queenly is a good word for her. I think she looks fantastic and while I don’t love the shoes, well, it’s Tilda. She can wear whatever she wants on her feet, the better to kick a** with.

9. Alicat May 13, 2011 at 01:50 #

This gown really suits Tilda’s style. The colour is gorgeous against her pale complexion. The lipstick adds just the right amount of lift. The shoes are ok but I couldn’t see her opting for some sparkly, strappy sandal!!

10. KateS May 13, 2011 at 02:43 #

So pleased she’s at Cannes. Love her angular beauty and the way she brings Haider Ackerman’s clothes to life, even when, as here, I deplore her shoes.

11. Martin May 13, 2011 at 02:52 #

Something is not quite sitting right with this look for me, and it is most certainly not the shoes. There’s an awkwardness in the construction of this gown which I just can’t get over. Not even Tilda can salvage it unfortunately.

12. mari May 13, 2011 at 03:08 #

her eyes!!! hey FC if you only had the time, it would be good a shoe-swapping post for thoe who wear black pumps, Tilda included.

13. Talita May 13, 2011 at 03:19 #

The shoes are soo wrong. And the clutch is too matchy-matchy for me.

14. Chloé May 13, 2011 at 04:09 #

I really like the fact that you are putting on extra pictures on each post so we can see the details better. It gives us an opportunity to get more into the looks, and I enjoy that a lot! Just keep on doing that! :)
    P.s. LOVE you blog! (and Tilda’s dress)

• Fashion Critic May 13, 2011 at 09:53 #

Thank you..glad you are enjoying the additional pictures

15. Vidhya May 13, 2011 at 06:11 #

I maybe the only one.. but I love the look top to bottom.. such a beautiful colour that makes her eyes the centrepoint. The clutch is inspired and the pumps are good for the dress.

16. Emi May 13, 2011 at 06:37 #

She’s Tilda Swinton and she can pull off almost everything but if you look at the small picture n.2 you cannot notice that the fit of this dress is really unflattering, seen from the side. She seems a bit pregnant and her breasts seem so “falling”.

17. Gaber May 13, 2011 at 07:59 #

I adore Tilda, but this dress just accentuates all the wrong parts.

18. D May 13, 2011 at 09:37 #

I love this. Noone else is like tilda!

19. Lils May 13, 2011 at 10:03 #

I must admit that I quite like it even though I prefer the runway version. But still, she looks nice

20. ayishaa May 13, 2011 at 10:52 #

I must admit am not a fan of anything Tilda, but on this occasion she looks good.

21. dee May 13, 2011 at 14:50 #

Me likey.

22. cartouche May 13, 2011 at 16:00 #

i love this woman. she has no rivals in the departments of elegance and grace..
    she is so unique. i love how she does not load on the make up because she definitely does not need it

23. Laura May 15, 2011 at 17:26 #

This look could only ever work on Tilda. I don’t love it, but it’s growing on me.