12.05.11

I’m very excited to see Tilda Swinton at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival.

The British actress attended the photocall for her new film, “We Need To Talk About Kevin” at the Palais des Festivals this morning.

As always Tilda showcases her impeccable, understated style wearing a simple navy high-waist skirt with a beige blouse.

Roger Vivier rose accented heels and a gold arrow brooch completed her look.

Tilda is definitely one to watch tonight.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Angelina Jolie In Salvatore Ferragamo - 2011 Cannes Film Festival "Kung Fu Panda 2" Photocall

Angelina Jolie In Salvatore Ferragamo – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “Kung Fu Panda 2″ Photocall

21 Responses to Tilda Swinton – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “We Need To Talk About Kevin” Photocall

1. Lee Ann May 12, 2011 at 13:06 #

Pretty sure the sandals are Roger Vivier.
    Love the outfit but I really want to add some blush,lipstick and taupe mascara.

• Fashion Critic May 12, 2011 at 13:37 #

2. Mario May 12, 2011 at 13:12 #

Oh how I’d love to see her in this and a clutch tonight.

3. Luisa May 12, 2011 at 13:14 #

I’m not usually very interested on her style but she looks so chic here, I adore it

4. Laura May 12, 2011 at 13:36 #

Nice. Not particularly wow-worthy but this is a photocell. Can’t wait to see what she has in store for us.

5. CreoleLady May 12, 2011 at 13:46 #

I’m viewing this Cannes fashion extravaganza as a seven course meal that I plan to enjoy thoroughly (and I won’t gain any weight, lol). I’m still savoring yesterday’s delicious appetizers. I did not know Tilda was going to be there so I am very very excited about the next course. Love those heels.

6. Jen May 12, 2011 at 13:53 #

I love her, therefore, I love what she wears. One of the few people who strike me as being completely comfortable with who the are.

7. robbie May 12, 2011 at 14:36 #

so great to see tilda back doing what she does best looking effortlessly chic.

• Martin May 12, 2011 at 15:29 #

Agreed. She really can do no wrong. A basic blouse and a high-waisted skirt transformed into something strangely memorable. She’s the one I’ve got my eye on tonight.

And as for the comments on Tilda’s lack of make-up, I don’t get that. She has never subscribed to the “rules” of red carpet dressing so I’m not quite sure why people are expecting that she arrive at a photocall with a full face of makeup. This is trail-blazing Tilda after all, she sets her own course. Here’s hoping for some magnificence this evening.

• Fashion Critic May 12, 2011 at 15:55 #

I wholeheartedly stand by your comment 100%.

Tilda has never worn visible make-up and I also think it’s strange the people are complaining about her lack of make-up.

8. dee May 12, 2011 at 14:58 #

I really like this but I wish had on more makeup.

• Rebecca May 12, 2011 at 15:58 #

:>

9. maria May 12, 2011 at 15:46 #

i love that she has such a distinctive look that works for her bodytype. Effortlessly elegant. I even like the sparse makeup, she has incredible skin.

10. Rebecca May 12, 2011 at 15:59 #

She just does nothing for me

11. mol May 12, 2011 at 16:16 #

I too look forward to what she wears tonight – and I love this look here, simple but strong, adore the Vivier heels. She doesn’t need to wear make up in order to have a memorable face, she’s unique as is….

12. Pati May 12, 2011 at 16:16 #

I love her, but I wish the blouse was white- this beige shade does her no favours…

13. Jennesia May 12, 2011 at 17:26 #

She looks okay.

14. Tahj May 12, 2011 at 19:53 #

It’s funny Tilda can wear anything and people will praise it as so avant garde and stylish. Anyone else showed up in this and they would be labeled boring. How does Tilda get a pass?

15. Emi May 12, 2011 at 21:33 #

Classy as usual.

16. mari May 13, 2011 at 02:56 #

her looks are just right for her style. She is statuesque and her eyes re amazing. they look more blue here. I love when the green in them stands out.

17. sharmila May 16, 2011 at 14:01 #

She too natural (face-wise) …and has not even beautiful eye-lashes for her! nada de nada!

and this old fashion outfit! eeek!

but that the thing and magic of cinema these women who look so normal in real life!
    Look great on sliver screen!