Ahhh…redemption has never looked so sweet.

Just when I thought Penelope Cruz was in permanent mourning, she arrived on the blue carpet of the “Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” Premiere in London tonight wearing white.

Her angelic white Givenchy Couture Fall 2010 embroidered dress was just the tonic I needed to put her back in my good books.

I don’t know why she’s been hiding under those black LBDs because she has a wonderful figure. She’s back to her post-baby best.

I love the sleek straight locks and the fact that she didn’t add too many jewels.

A gold clutch completed her look.

[nggallery id=802]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

28 thoughts on “Penelope Cruz In Givenchy Couture – “Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” London Premiere

1. dee

This is more like it. I don’t mind black but not those awful black ensembles she was wearing. She looks radiant.

1. maria

good point about the zipping it all the way up. And while the dress is beautiful on the model, in motion the zipper just ondulates a lot and it does not keep a clean line. Not very impressed by this look.

1. Emi

I quite agree with you. Also, her waist line seems quite “large”, not very impressed. I like the skirt of the dress, anyway.

1. Luis

Penelope isn’t edgier enough to bring to life a dress from a brand so avant garde such as Givenchy Couture or Balenciaga…

2. Alina

This is what I’m talking about. Flawless! She has no excuses for not looking this stunning every time she hits the red carpet.

3. mol

I don’t know if I’d call it redemption so much as a positive step in the right direction…..

4. mochababe73

love, Love, LOVE! I really like this dress on Penelope. I’m on the fence when it comes to the shoes, I really love the styling of her hair and the clutch.

1. Sharon

I agree with you about everything. I think she looks just lovely. But where did you see the shoes?

5. Lils

I’m glad she wore white but I really don’t like the dress. If the zips weren’t there I might actually like the dress as the skirt is nice.
    I love her jewels.

6. GW

I think Penelope Cruz is one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood but this dress doesn’t work for her. Look at the picture with JD, I’m sorry to say, but it just doesn’t work.

While I love the fresh, crisp white on her, this dress doesn’t flatter her in the midsection, enhanced by the zipper that doesn’t lay flat. Someone described it as an upmarket sleeping bag, which is harsh, but somewhat accurate.

7. Jennie

FC, do you know how does she manage to have bangs one day, and none the other? were the bangs fake before?

8. Jess

hmm this is awful. It looks like a cheap copy of the real Givenchy. It fits horribly; she is too boxy in the waist and not tall enough. I preferred the Pucci!

9. Laura

The fit, particularly the look of the zipper is just not right for me. I appreciate her wearing white, but it’s just not right for me.

10. Danielle

I love her in this dress, but she could have been a little more creative with the shoes

11. sharmila

something is wrong
    like she got broad shoulders
    the waist line should be higher
    For me this dress calls for a woman with an “I” shape!…with long legs!
    Penelope here has a “V” shape(here)
    but the msokey eyes and hair is glamour!