Penelope Cruz joined her co-star Johnny Depp for the “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” Moscow Premiere yesterday.

Penelope wore a black Emilio Pucci Fall 2011 dress.

The first thing that springs to mind is; “Is it that cold in Russia?”

Why are celebs so intent in dressing out of season?

Whilst some Fall 2011 looks do work, this velvet embellished long sleeve dress feels so heavy for mid-May look.

I love Pen’s neutral make-up; but I can’t help moaning about the fact that she’s wearing black, again.

It’s going to be a very long and boring promo tour if Penelope doesn’t start mixing things up.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

23 thoughts on “Penelope Cruz In Emilio Pucci – “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” Moscow Premiere

1. Lana

are you kidding me? ot`s real spring in Russia =)
    +20 C
    i don`t mind why she has chosen this dress. silly bow

2. From Russia With Love

It’s +25 in Moscow right now. Apparently she thought that there would be snow and bears all over so she dressed like a snowflake :)

3. Terry

I love such an austere look on her! It’s true: this jacket is def too heavy for spring, but she looks outstanding!

4. Gigi

As if velvet isn’t bad enough for spring, it looks like the dress is decorated with snowflakes!

5. Lils

She looks awful! That huge bow distracts me from a dress that could have been nice. It looks better on the model. It looks so heavy on Penelope. And black. For God’s sake does she know that there are other colours out there?!

6. Kaylie

At first I thought those were snowflakes on the dress.
    Maybe they are. lol.
    Either way, definitely not a May look.

7. maria

she ruins the dress with that bow. Not sure why she is hesitant to show some cleavage.
    agree about the fact that it is too heavy for spring. the shoes are boring too.

8. Elle

I agree, I don’t understand why Penelope insists on wearing black! She looks a lot older in this photo too… She’s such a beauty who looked absolutely gorgeous wearing pinks and reds in “Woman on Top”, I wish she would go back to colour soon! (Plus, I really don’t think those bangs suit her that much either)..ok rant over haha

1. Emi

I agree, I don’t like the hair, most of all. Also, I know we’re in spring but I don’t see the necessity to be more “naked”, I mean, I like austere look in spring/summer, since everybody goes almost naked. I prefer the runway neckline, anyway.

9. mari

..when I saw the pic and read your comment, I just went LOL. She looks like a gift or something

10. Francesca

Haha, she did it! Three times in a row! But, I kinda like this. Also, she looks sensational in her white Givenchy gown so she’s forgiven. ;)

11. goldfish

isn’t that her sister… i am positive that this is monica and not penelope.. but i could be wrong. she seems to tall and her headshape is resembling monica very much in this picture

12. Laura

Don’t get me wrong, I can take a dose of OTT every now and again, but this is way too OTT. It looks like a bad flight attendant costume.