12.05.11

I found it very hard to concentrate on Diane Kruger on the red carpet at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival “Sleeping Beauty” Premiere, and that’s because of Joshua Jackson.

Joshua was head-to-toe in Lanvin.

Whilst he looks mighty fine I’m objecting to his choice of footwear.

Whilst those Lanvin sneakers might be cool and trendy, they look so out of place alongside a glowing Diane in Calvin Klein on the Cannes red carpet.

She just oozes glamour in her gold sequin backless gown, whilst he looks like her kid brother, a waiter just off duty or something.

Sorry, but I would’ve made him change or left him behind.

A Jaeger-LeCoultre Joaillerie 101 Art Deco watch completed her look.

[nggallery id=797]
Credit: Getty

Penelope Cruz In Givenchy Couture - "Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" London Premiere

Penelope Cruz In Givenchy Couture – “Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” London Premiere

Emily Browning In Valentino - 2011 Cannes Film Festival "Sleeping Beauty" Premiere

Emily Browning In Valentino – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “Sleeping Beauty” Premiere

60 Responses to Diane Kruger In Calvin Klein – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “Sleeping Beauty” Premiere

1. dee May 12, 2011 at 20:08 #

She looks simple, sexy and not overdone.

• Talita May 12, 2011 at 20:32 #

Agreed

2. Alina May 12, 2011 at 20:10 #

I don’t know why but I don’t love Diane’s look.

I agree with what you said about Joshua.

3. Dorian Gray May 12, 2011 at 20:10 #

I don’t know why but I expected more even from Diane. The dress is ok but a little bit boring.

4. Rebecca May 12, 2011 at 20:11 #

Stunning dress–disappointing hair.

Love your comment about her dates shoes–a woman after my own heart

• -N May 12, 2011 at 20:19 #

i agree the hair is very disappointing! but gorgeous dress <3

5. Luiza May 12, 2011 at 20:16 #

Oh God, i don’t have words for this woman anymore… stunning as always always always

6. mol May 12, 2011 at 20:16 #

If Joshua was standing on his own I would think he looks quite great, but next to Diane, no. Putting him aside (which I am in my brain), Diane looks stunning in this incredible liquid column of gold.

• PamG May 12, 2011 at 21:04 #

I agree!

• Sharlyn May 12, 2011 at 22:24 #

I think Josh looks like Josh–sense of humor and laid-back attitude and all. I’m not sure what else a guy can do to make a red carpet look his own. Usually it’s like a fleet of waiters or valets escorting the women.

7. fromchi-town May 12, 2011 at 20:22 #

She looks stunning. Its like she is covered in liquid gold.

• Gaber May 13, 2011 at 08:04 #

Best. description. EVER!

8. sergioA May 12, 2011 at 20:23 #

I expected more from Diane… I mean,Its Diane Kruger…if someone knows how to make us drool over a look is her. Yes she does look beautiful but this dress is” too gwyneth paltrow” for my taste. dont get me wrong i adore gwyneth but lately shes been meh! anyway, Diane didnt make my jaw dropped the floor.

9. Hermione Weasley May 12, 2011 at 20:27 #

She looks INCREDIBLE.

• bas May 12, 2011 at 21:22 #

i totally agree

10. Vera May 12, 2011 at 20:27 #

C’mon, he looks amazingly chichi with these sneakers.

My Best Dressed of the Second day in Cannes, no doubts.

11. Naomi May 12, 2011 at 20:27 #

Absolutely agree on Joshua Jackson.
    It’s time to man-up, boys. There’s no shame in looking your age, wearing suits with normal shoes, and for heaven’s sake leave the jeans and sneakers out of the red carpet!

12. noo May 12, 2011 at 20:28 #

this is so gorgeous it gave me goosebumps :D :D
    no comment on joshua!!!!

13. Pati May 12, 2011 at 20:43 #

I loooove Diane´s look. Again and again. She always gives us something new- just when we expect her to wear some rather extravagant gown, she gives us this simple yet stunning look. She looks gorgeous but I wish she had let Bryce Dallas Howard smuggle Joshua into the Palace under her skirt, so we never saw his sneakers…

14. k May 12, 2011 at 20:44 #

I’m liking the dress the more I look at it. Less sold on the hair and make-up.

And oh, I like the sneakers. Too many episodes of watching David Tennant as Dr Who? Perhaps. But it’s letting Josh be Josh and there’s no shame in that. And like she didn’t on some level sign off on what he was wearing. ;)

• Jen May 12, 2011 at 21:49 #

K – my thoughts exactly (kick ass Dr. Who reference!) But yes, I’ve read other blogs where he’s said he just wears what she says on occasions like this. I think they look great both together and separate.

• Sharlyn May 12, 2011 at 22:21 #

I agree. Josh has his own confidence and unique sense of style and that’s what fashion is all about.

I like that what he wears reflects his gregarious personality and great sense of humor. Besides, how much can men really do to make a look their own? It’s better to me than seeing a standard uniform of boring old black tie conformity.

And Diane looks pretty happy to be there with him, if you aske me! :)

• mikeijames May 13, 2011 at 02:28 #

and let’s face it: joshua jackson gets to attend his fair share of red carpet events and he’s done the perfectly put together date thing SEVERAL TIMES. i’m glad that he’s showing us a little of that fun personality we love him for.

• Jodi May 13, 2011 at 17:37 #

I agree, I love the Josh’s look. Diane is amazing, as always. I wish she would have youtube tutorials on how she does her hair for all these events.

• cartouche May 13, 2011 at 16:44 #

i completely agree
        i think he looks great!

• G May 13, 2011 at 00:56 #

I agree too.

Although hasn’t Josh said a few times that Diane basically picks out what he wears for these things? They do seem like more his touch, but if they truly weren’t her choice I still doubt Diane was particularly torn up by them…

15. Jennifer May 12, 2011 at 20:58 #

This is kind of boring on her… pretty… but boring. Also her hair really disappoints.

16. justme May 12, 2011 at 20:58 #

Eh, I’m not impressed by Diane here either. The details of the dress are terrible up close, the colour washes her out and the hair… no. Her only saving grace is the lipstick.
    By comparison, Joshua looks fine, sneakers and all lol.

17. Anna May 12, 2011 at 21:03 #

She looks beautiful!

18. eimear May 12, 2011 at 21:03 #

Omg Justin Bieber!

19. Sophie May 12, 2011 at 21:04 #

It looks gorgeous on the picture, but I saw her on TV and it was soo ugly and wierd under the arms… what a shame…

20. HP May 12, 2011 at 21:09 #

I’m lovin’ this look! Gorgeous as usual

21. Giuseppi Giraffe May 12, 2011 at 21:10 #

She’s nice, but the tummy shadow and shaggy hairdo is killing it for me. i actually like the color on her.

What’s up with his shoes?

22. Letícia May 12, 2011 at 21:21 #

This woman is freakishly perfect. I LOVE how the dress fits her amazing body, so sexy! As for Joshua’s shoes, I think the problem is the pants, not the shoes. They just don’t go together, I think.

23. Megan May 12, 2011 at 21:39 #

Yes Diane looks stunning but that’s what I have come to expect with her but come on Joshua my eyes were drawn to his shoes immediately because they are so wrong!!

24. Marvel May 12, 2011 at 21:57 #

A nice look but I disagree about Joshua. I really like trainers with suits. It can suit people like him and Robert Downey Junior

25. Emi May 12, 2011 at 21:58 #

She looks like a goddess, really, she’s a vision and Joshua is sexy, I don’t mind his shoes.

26. Gaber May 12, 2011 at 22:19 #

A. It’s Pacey. Your argument is invalid.
    2. Diane looks divine.
    Wow. Just, wow.

• Fashion Critic May 12, 2011 at 22:28 #

If you say so. I thought we were all entitled to our own opinions. I guess mine is in now invalid

• b May 13, 2011 at 10:43 #

I think Gaber’s just trying to be funny here, FC

Anyway, I think he looks great. It’s just they don’t match.

Diane ALWAYS looks fantastic!

• Fashion Critic May 13, 2011 at 10:57 #

I believe my reply had the same level of sarcasm

• Leannabelle May 13, 2011 at 00:56 #

Hee. Never underestimate the power of Pacey.

I think he looks adorable. It’s totally *Josh*. And both of them look so happy, comfortable and enjoying it all so much, how can it be wrong?

Stiff and conventional is just not him. He sees enough red carpets now to do his own thing.

• Flutterbang May 13, 2011 at 09:14 #

A) I agree with you; but
      B) there’s no such list that goes from A – 2 and you have therefore caused yourself to look stupid.

• Gaber May 13, 2011 at 09:55 #

*shakes fist*
        BUT it’s in a Pacey-tread, so your argument is invalid.
        :p

• Lils May 13, 2011 at 09:57 #

How open minded! And no, it’s not Pacey but Joshua.

27. Spanish lover May 12, 2011 at 23:05 #

One word, perfection

28. robbie May 12, 2011 at 23:09 #

diane looks great.

him on the other hand, sneakers with a suit. that only looks cute when your in your teens and going to prom/school dance, when your a grown man it looks tragic.

29. Camille May 12, 2011 at 23:57 #

She looks absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE the way her dress hugs her. Easily my best dressed – day 2 :)

30. Bec May 13, 2011 at 00:51 #

Wowee, I must be the only one who doesn’t like this look!! I don’t like the way it clings to her, you can see her hip bones jutting out!! :-/ not her best look in my opinion!

• Zarin May 14, 2011 at 13:18 #

I agree. I kind of do like the look but girlfriend needs to eat a sandwich (or ten)!

31. L'wren May 13, 2011 at 01:15 #

She will never let us down,WOW,stunning as before,as always!

32. Iily May 13, 2011 at 02:00 #

Wow wow wow.. Just wow.. I never get why you like her so much until now.. She’s just..breath taking.. Her dress looks like gold waterfall, hugging her like a glove..

33. mattison May 13, 2011 at 03:21 #

I like the dress, but I wish her hair was a little more done- it almost looks to me like a picture from the end of the night, when a previously immaculate updo has sort of fallen a bit. Oh well. And the sneakers make me cringe a bit- maybe at the Grammys or an MTV-type award show, but a man in his 30’s at Cannes shouldn’t be trying to be edgy like that. Just my two cents!

34. Valeriem May 13, 2011 at 05:22 #

I love her look here, but I have seen pictures of her left side & you can see the invisible zip wont do up quite to the top – its about 1 cm undone…

35. carrie May 13, 2011 at 05:44 #

wow! the way this dress drapes on her is just simply amazing. very well done on the tailoring part over at Calvin Klein.

36. Lils May 13, 2011 at 09:56 #

I like the dress but I’m missing a wow factor.

37. Sabrina May 13, 2011 at 12:45 #

It’s so unfortunate and unprofessional of the hairstylist, that you can see the black bobby pins, she should’ve opted for ‘blonde’ ones. It looks amaturistic :s
    She does look divine though! and the sneakers are ok for a more casual awardshow, NOT for Cannes :)

38. perfumeorpoison May 14, 2011 at 20:58 #

DROOL
    he looks amazing
    she looks amazing..
    yum yum :)

39. Laura May 15, 2011 at 17:21 #

I don’t mind the sneakers at any other RC except Cannes, the Oscars, or the MET ball. Seeing as it’s Cannes, I find it inappropriate and distracting. In that pic, all I see is are the shoes.

When it’s just Diane though, I really like the look. The hair could be better, but other than that, no complaints.

40. roddickzhu May 16, 2011 at 15:15 #

If the gown without the braces, it will be much more fabulous!!!!!! I always feel that the gown is a little superfluous!!!!