12.05.11

It’s been a very long while since we last saw Britney Spears on the red carpet, but last night she attended The St. Bernard Project & The Spears Family Presents An Evening Of “Southern Style” in Beverly Hills.

Brit Brit has never looked comfortable on the red carpet, and this occasion is no different.

The singer stuck to her usual style of tight and short wearing a Herve Leger by Max Azria v-neck jacquard dress, which Eva Longoria recently wore on the set of ‘Desperate Housewives’ (yes I still watch it).

Brit’s dated look was teamed with stone strappy sandals and subtle jewelery.

Credit: Getty

Maria Sharapova In Amanda Wakeley Atelier - 2013 Vanity Fair Party

Maria Sharapova In Amanda Wakeley Atelier – 2013 Vanity Fair Party

Victoria's Secret Bombshells Events

Victoria’s Secret Bombshells Events

33 Responses to Britney Spears In Herve Leger by Max Azria – The St. Bernard Project & The Spears Family Presents An Evening Of “Southern Style”

1. SpanishFashionista92 May 12, 2011 at 10:59 #

So predictable and seen many times before, but I still think this is a great improvement for her and you can’t deny she lloks hot :)

• Weber from Brazil May 12, 2011 at 14:16 #

actually, she doesn’t look good
      if u compare Britney to Kristen Bell (Kristen is 30, Britney’s 29 years old)
      this pic was a good angle for her because Britney looks way older
      her skin screamssssss for some dermatological treatment
      she doesn’t need a plastic surgery though….

• TinaCZ May 12, 2011 at 16:59 #

But Kristen hasn’t been through what Britney had. Also compared to what Brit looked like quite recently she DOES look great.

I would only change the sandals and add a little bit more powder.

2. Cheryl Wong May 12, 2011 at 11:03 #

Britney will never be a style icon but she looks better than she’s been before. Healthy, happy and glowing. Welcome back, Britney.

• henrique May 12, 2011 at 11:29 #

Ditto.

• feliciab May 12, 2011 at 13:15 #

I agree. It’s good to see her cleaned up, fully-clothed & with shoes on.

• Megan May 12, 2011 at 16:31 #

Agree she looks good

3. B May 12, 2011 at 11:05 #

Looks good considering it’s Brit

4. Grazia for Fashionwidget May 12, 2011 at 11:18 #

She is glowing and looks healthy that’s all that matters at this point.

5. Gaber May 12, 2011 at 11:19 #

I REALLY hate those shoes.

6. Renata May 12, 2011 at 11:28 #

She really looks busted.

7. -N May 12, 2011 at 11:43 #

I’m just glad to see her on the red carpet :D … oh and i still watch DH too :p

8. Lisa May 12, 2011 at 12:09 #

I’m just relieved that she has washed her hair for once. Not a Britney fan at all, but have to give her dues for this. She knows whats suits her, even if it is trailer chic.

9. Naomi May 12, 2011 at 12:22 #

Oy vey. Neither the shape nor the color of the dress suits her. Her hair looks lifeless and her make-up isn’t great. The styling is awful.
    Too bad, she’s a good looking woman.

10. Jen May 12, 2011 at 12:34 #

She looks healthier, yes, but still vacant. I dislike the dress (could go up a size) and obviously the shoes are hideous. Honestly seeing her now just makes me sad.

• Kaylie May 12, 2011 at 19:13 #

I agree. Her mouth smiles but her eyes don’t. She has what I call “dead eyes.” No life behind them. Probably from some really strong psych meds. My college roommate had a similar problem when trying to control her bipolar disorder. I hope she is able to get her life under control and be happy again.

But about the dress, it’s a pretty dated look, and I wish she would have gone up a size. But I’m just happy that she’s up and about. Baby steps…

11. Lee Ann May 12, 2011 at 12:45 #

FC-Please in the future can you issue a bad taste warning similiar to those they issue before a news report containing flash so that nobody gets hurt After the tasteful greiges of SJP outfit , I almost went into shock!!!

• Fashion Critic May 12, 2011 at 13:02 #

LOL…will do…Kim Kardashian was also at this event, but one skin crawling look is enough for one day.

• Lee Ann May 12, 2011 at 15:15 #

my eyes thank you for that

12. shap_half May 12, 2011 at 12:55 #

I think she looks good. The color is vibrant and the shoes are cute. There’s really nothing to hate on, if you ask me.

13. Dorian Gray May 12, 2011 at 13:05 #

Oops, she did it again :-)

• Jennesia May 12, 2011 at 17:32 #

Lolz good one. That weave…..a mess.

14. rawda May 12, 2011 at 13:40 #

haha…i still watch it too, FC! :)

15. Laura May 12, 2011 at 13:48 #

It’s not great but it could be worse. I think this color is really good on her. Britney will not give up the skintight thing so we’ve got to take what little progress we can get.

16. Leti May 12, 2011 at 14:25 #

I have to agree with others that while this look is not new for Brit Brit, this is one of her better renditions of it. She’s looking healthy and trim, and better put together than she has in a long time.

17. robbie May 12, 2011 at 14:26 #

she looks good but the ankles up, but can someone PLEASE help her buy nice shoes she always has such a fugly collection of shoes.

18. Fashionmeal May 12, 2011 at 14:26 #

Even I still watch Desperate Housewives.
    It’s probably one of the best shows ever written.
    What with Susan and Paul getting into some MAJOR trouble with each other and all and the fact that Gabby has a creepy unidentified stalker… Who wouldn’t want to watch it?

Err about this post- She ruined Hervé Leger for me… For LIFE.

19. moja31 May 12, 2011 at 16:42 #

Lol because “style” and “the spears family” are two things people always associate with one another! Terrible color on her, but kudos on the slightly less horrible than normal weave

20. Jerel Marquez May 12, 2011 at 19:17 #

I’m usually not a big fan of that color green, but I must say britney spears looks really hot! She looks really good, but of course a lot of people are going to try & find everything wrong with her instead of looking for everything great on her. I personally love her sense of style, because she never stays safe & she doesn’t care what people think about it. But she does look beautiful.

• Megan May 13, 2011 at 07:13 #

I agree britney looks hot her body is great and yet people will still call her big???and I agree that people will complain about her style but she doesn’t feel tge nee to do a gaga and look horrendous but yet that’s accepted(look at her at Cannes )

21. Giuseppi Giraffe May 12, 2011 at 20:03 #

I don’t wanna sound catty, but she’s kind of starting to make me think of Avril Levigne- she’s thirty now, not twenty, and certainly not sixteen. Her clothes and very visible hairweave hint at her lack of self awareness and it almost me feel a little embarassed for her when she does public appearances looking like this :\

22. mari May 13, 2011 at 03:05 #

her body is on point. It really has taken a long time to be back to looking better. Give her some slack, she’s never been a fashion icon, neer fancied herself one either.

23. Victoria May 13, 2011 at 04:47 #

OMG that is HORRIBLE – colour, style, too tight, too short. whoever talked her into that get-up should be fired, then shot! Do not like at all.