Gwyneth Paltrow In Roksanda Ilincic – 2011 National Movie Awards

A world away from all the glitz and high glamour at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival, Gwyneth Paltrow was attending the 2011 National Movie Awards at Wembley Arena in London tonight.

The blonde actress wore a very deep plunging Roksanda Ilincic Fall 2011 dress.

Let’s pray Kim Kardashian doesn’t take a shine to this dress.

Gwyneth’s black feathered dress was paired with yet other interesting pair of heels.

Her nude Christian Louboutin Lucifer Bow pumps are very welcome when so many would’ve paired this dress with black Tribtoo’s or Brian Atwood ‘Maniac’ pumps.

On a day of very impressive looks, Gwyneth still manages to shine through.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cannes 2011 Day 1 Red Carpet Round Up

Cannes 2011 Day 1 Red Carpet Round Up

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 1 Of Cannes Film Festival?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 1 Of Cannes Film Festival?

22 Responses to Gwyneth Paltrow In Roksanda Ilincic – 2011 National Movie Awards

1. penny May 11, 2011 at 23:05 #

Sexy – but I love those Louboutin ‘Lucifer’ pumps! great choice with the dress.

• Fashion Critic May 11, 2011 at 23:40 #

thanks

2. Rachel May 11, 2011 at 23:17 #

I think we’re having a LBD/LWD moment! I’m loving it!:D

3. Gigi May 11, 2011 at 23:40 #

Don’t love it. Big or small boobed, this is just too much.

4. Laura May 12, 2011 at 00:12 #

Her boobs look a mile apart. Nice but needed some editing.

• Jennesia May 12, 2011 at 01:39 #

lolz good one! The heels are amazing everything else eh…

5. pam May 12, 2011 at 01:27 #

No. Just no. It just does not look attractive with that much chest showing.

• KateS May 12, 2011 at 02:41 #

I agree – it’s just too much chest, regardless of if it’s boobs or bones.

• Kaylie May 12, 2011 at 03:27 #

agree.

6. Leti May 12, 2011 at 04:07 #

I prefer how the model wore it. I think a V that deep looks better on a floor length dress to balance it out (a la J Lo’s infamous Versace dress).

• Sabrina May 12, 2011 at 12:42 #

I prefer the catwalk version as well. Gwyn’s locks look like they’re glued to her face, a nice and wavy hairdo like the model would’ve been preferred. Red lips as well, and to compensate for the deep neckline I’d go for the black tights, sorry FC! ;)

7. Sharon May 12, 2011 at 04:07 #

Big or small chested, this is not an attractive neckline. I love Gwynneth’s shoes, though. She has a knack for picking the perfect shoes.

8. Carolina May 12, 2011 at 04:35 #

The focal point in this dress is an expanse of flat, bare skin; the effect is anything but alluring. It’s interesting (puzzling, even) , that it could be so – but it’s about as sensual as a young child’s chest. If Kim Kardashian wore this, extra double-sided tape would be called for, and the look would be too outrageously exposed in the other direction. There’s no outrage here, with nothing to show (and no interest).

The look is also not aided by her knock-kneed, pigeontoed stance, nor by the ruffly texturized fabric, which adds inches all round, but not in a body-conscious way. It reminds me of ruffled petticoats women used to wear in antebellum times to add to their silhouettes.

On the model, the black sheer hose give a long, continuous, sensual line, but on Paltrow, it’s as if she is wearing another woman’s dress (and she is – this is not her, and not her best look by far).

• Jennie May 12, 2011 at 13:09 #

excellent review!

• Jennie May 12, 2011 at 13:10 #

also, somehow looking at this dress, the first impression came to me was: “it looks like she’s wearing a dress backward.”

9. b May 12, 2011 at 07:16 #

I have no problem with the depth of the V but the width is just too much, making her look like she has no boobs at all.

Still, she looks pretty fantastic and I absolutely adore her shoes choice! It’s really rare for me to find untacky Louboutins

• Vee May 12, 2011 at 16:32 #

really? i do find he makes a lot of outrageous and over the top shoes but i guess you see them as tacky while i see them as statements

10. Lils May 12, 2011 at 08:24 #

I looooooooooveher shoes. The dress is ok

11. Alicat May 12, 2011 at 09:04 #

Too much bony, flat chest. Very unflattering. On the model the neckline is closer together and not so deep, and although she too is not well-endowed, she looks infinitely better.

• Alina May 12, 2011 at 13:19 #

I agree.

12. M May 12, 2011 at 12:34 #

she looks great… it takes hell lotsa guts to wear tat.. i applaud her… loving it

13. Tahj May 12, 2011 at 19:58 #

Not flattering at all on her. Maybe on Bianca Jagger in the 70s, but not on her bony white chest.