11.05.11

Cannes 2011 Day 1 Red Carpet Round Up

There were many more looks on the red carpet at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival Opening Ceremony which shouldn’t go unnoticed.

Model and actress Bianca Balti wore a white strapless chiffon Alberta Ferretti dress with ruffled full skirt and a black ribbon sash tied to the waist.

Her dress is beautiful but I’m getting a Eva Longoria (Cannes 2010) and an Aishwarya Rai (Cannes 2009) vibe from this gown.

From the way she’s draped off Fawaz Gruosi, I would guess that she’s wearing his de Grisogono jewels.

Gaia Bermani Amaral does look stunning carrying a Sergio Rossi clutch whilst wearing a blue Roberto Cavalli fully sequined dress, but we’ve seen it and done that with Lea Michele.

American actress Linda Cardellini wore an Alberta Ferretti draped fuchsia silk mousseline empire cut dress with cap sleeves and Chantilly lace trimmings.

Elodie Bouchez was my favourite of the bunch wearing a YSL Pre-Fall 2011 black dress with a silver and gold Art Deco embroidered details.

A black YSL velvet clutch completed her look.

[nggallery id=792]

Gong Li In Roberto Cavalli - 2011 Cannes Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Gong Li In Roberto Cavalli – 2011 Cannes Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Gwyneth Paltrow In Roksanda Ilincic - 2011 National Movie Awards

Gwyneth Paltrow In Roksanda Ilincic – 2011 National Movie Awards

11 Responses to Cannes 2011 Day 1 Red Carpet Round Up

1. dee May 11, 2011 at 22:20 #

I don’t like any of these looks.

2. Terry May 11, 2011 at 22:36 #

OMG, I can’t believe Linda walked such an important red carpet. I’m so happy for her!!! She looked lovely.

3. Moxie May 11, 2011 at 22:57 #

I like Elodie Bouchez’s gown, but she isn’t doing it justice.

4. Rebecca May 11, 2011 at 23:18 #

Stunning green necklace. Linda Cardellini looked like she was headed for bed–her dress really looks like a negligee

5. Jen May 11, 2011 at 23:20 #

I am so in love with the green jewelry trend, I can’t even tell you. And, I also like the blue, buttoned-up from the front but open in the back dress. Everything else I find .. eh.

6. carol May 11, 2011 at 23:21 #

It’s a shame there’s not one decent photo of Martina gusman dress

• Fashion Critic May 11, 2011 at 23:22 #

yes. Photographers tend to only get great pictures of those who they know very well.

7. Laura May 12, 2011 at 00:15 #

I like Bianca’s look but the necklace looks like it’s choking her.I like Gaia’s look because it’s a different take on the dress than Lea Michele.

I love the color on Linda, but there’s too much on the bottom and it makes her look wider. Elodie’s dress is just too much for me. I like the print, but the dress should be simpler.

8. Emi May 12, 2011 at 08:51 #

My favorite is Gaia bermani Amaral, because I love sequined dresses with long sleeves. I prefer it on her than on L. Michele. Bianca looks gorgeous, stunning jewelry, but the dress fits her so ba don the breats, it’s too big; also it’s a beautiful dress but a deja-vu, too.

9. Alina May 12, 2011 at 13:08 #

Gaia Bermani Amaral is my favourite here. She wears that dress with such ease and much better than Lea did.

10. manish n May 14, 2011 at 10:52 #

Aishwarya rai is looking the beautiful elegent wowowowo