Poppy Delevigne In Chanel – Chanel Resort 2012 Presentation

When I saw this picture of Poppy Delevigne, I laughed at would’ve been an almighty uproar had Blake Lively worn this Chanel Spring 2011 tweed ensemble.

Poppy may have got looks of envy from Lively as the both attended the Chanel Resort 2012 Presentation in Cap d’Antibes, France yesterday wearing grey short shorts with a matching jacket and white top.

I’m not sure how you are going to react to this look, but I think she looks fantastic.

I really admire her for wearing such a look.

If I had her amazing figure and courage I would look at this in the Chanel closet and say, “Why the hell not?”

Sadly I don’t possess the body, the courage, or the ensemble.

A Chanel quilted clutch, hot red lips and Chanel two tone ballerina flats completed this look.

[nggallery id=781]

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Keira Knightley In Valentino - "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart"

Keira Knightley In Valentino – “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart”

Eva Longoria In Cushnie et Ochs - “Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” World Premiere.

Eva Longoria In Cushnie et Ochs – “Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” World Premiere.

46 Comments

46 Responses to Poppy Delevigne In Chanel – Chanel Resort 2012 Presentation

1. Terry May 10, 2011 at 19:13 #

I hated the shorts in Rachel Bilson’s outfit, but Poppy is another story. Gorgeous! She’s got the body and the attitude to pull them off.

2. Rebecca May 10, 2011 at 19:16 #

That occasion is the ONLY appropriate place to wear this look, in my opinion. Here we go again with the big panties. Not very Chanel-like. Don’t look comfortable or chic.

• mm May 10, 2011 at 19:50 #

I agree that these booty shorts only work because they are near water and it is a Chanel resort event.

• KateS May 11, 2011 at 02:17 #

I agree – Chanel granny-pants are still granny pants. While she obviously has the body for them, and this is the only conceivable event where they might be appropriate, they are still granny pants and thus unacceptable.

• Lils May 11, 2011 at 09:51 #

Yes, she’s just ready to go swimming! How unclassy, she just goes in Blake’s category of girls who ruin Chanel’s class and elegance imo.

3. Luiza May 10, 2011 at 19:22 #

She looks good but for me this is just not chic enough for my taste… =)

• artemis May 11, 2011 at 11:15 #

Agreed!!:-)

4. Moxie May 10, 2011 at 19:32 #

Love the jacket, but the shorts look like gray tweed granny pants. Horrible style.

• J May 10, 2011 at 21:02 #

Hee hee! That made me literally laugh out loud.

• Naomi May 10, 2011 at 21:14 #

Agreed.
      While Poppy look ridiculously hot, the shorts just look ridiculous.

5. Hisadora May 10, 2011 at 19:39 #

The thing is that she looks ABSOLUTELY fantastic!!! The hair, the make up, the whole look looks amazing, I love that she wore those cute Chanel flats!

6. CreoleLady May 10, 2011 at 19:42 #

Granny panties. Unless one is performing on stage (pole optional), I see no reason to wear to wear shorts that look like panties (frumpy panties at that) – even if one has the perfect body. Not chic in the least.

7. Rachel May 10, 2011 at 19:43 #

I like how she toned down the look with the ballerinas! Great look! Love everything!

• maria May 10, 2011 at 21:02 #

i agree. the fact that she put on flat shoes takes anything slutty out of the look.

I like it a lot.

• hersi May 11, 2011 at 00:28 #

i completely agree. i was just about to say the same thing.

8. allie May 10, 2011 at 19:45 #

Super hot, super chic!

9. Paddy M May 10, 2011 at 19:45 #

I actually preferred Blake’s ensemble. If Blake cheapened her look, so too does Poppy, but she adds distracting make-up and does a disservice to the outfit by leaving the jacket unbuttoned.

10. Lucía May 10, 2011 at 20:07 #

I didn’t like it on the first picture, but as I read your comments and looked at the others I kid of agree.

11. Talita May 10, 2011 at 20:12 #

She looks so chic and event appropriate. With that body she can wear short shorts like these.

12. mol May 10, 2011 at 20:21 #

She is so much more a Chanel looking woman than Blake, and if I had legs like that (not even remotely do I!!) then I might be tempted to do this……but perhaps not, as I actually don’t like, as others have called them, the ‘granny panties’…….even at the beach they seem sort of ridiculous looking.

13. katch May 10, 2011 at 20:30 #

I like it from the front. It looks kinda sorta chic, but the last picture her butt is hanging out. Kinda…. trashy chic? Yea ok.

14. justme May 10, 2011 at 20:52 #

She gets a pass from me because those are shorts so I know her chocha won’t be exposed and mainly because of the flats. I think her approach is more relaxed (see the open jacket) than cheap à la Blake.
    Love the red lipstick too.

• Jen May 11, 2011 at 00:27 #

Yep, agreed. I mean, in my perfect world they would be, you know, shorts instead of panties. But the overall vibe is much more effortless and relaxed.

15. Kiran May 10, 2011 at 21:01 #

You’ve got to be slightly jealous of someone who can make walking down stairs look like an ad campaign.

16. chiara May 10, 2011 at 21:26 #

she looks very beautiful,comfortable,but the most incredible thing is that she manages not to look tacky…which should be very easy considering the lenght of the shorts.The best dressed at the event IMO

17. Camille May 10, 2011 at 21:27 #

I’m kind of completely in love with this outfit. She looks incredible. The hair, the lips, everythings works.

18. LL May 10, 2011 at 21:29 #

i agree with everyone’s comments about the big granny panties. i think Rachel Bilson’s shorts are a good example of how hot shorts can be done with just a little extra fabric in the crotch area to not make them look like big panties. these aren’t really shorts to me the way they are cut. ugh, and they are just not flattering, or necessary. down with the granny panties/shorts!

19. olivia May 10, 2011 at 21:29 #

I love it! On any other occasion it wouldn’t pass, but here, I think it’s much better than Blake. With the jacket unbuttoned it gives off a more relaxed vibe.

20. Lee Ann May 10, 2011 at 21:55 #

How skinny is that model? Poppy is undernourished as it is but even her thighs look big compared to the model. Frankly this show is the only appropriate place to wear the look . But I do think she looks pretty and frankly I usually don ‘t think her face is anything special. Frankly she and Pippa M are totally over rated in the looks department.

21. antoneLLina May 10, 2011 at 21:55 #

i prefer this to blake’s ensamble. i don’t know why… maybe cause she looks so damn effertless. and the touch of red lips?? is perfect!

22. dee May 10, 2011 at 22:04 #

For some reason she looks chic and not tacky. I like it.

23. Emi May 10, 2011 at 22:24 #

She looks stunning, I would put her up for BDOTW for her attitude. I think this look is right, considering the event.

24. Jennifer May 10, 2011 at 23:07 #

Poppy does pull it off. Blake doesn’t. Poppy has this kind of gamine beauty, she’s not trying to be sexy even though she’s a leggy blonde like Blake (or like Blake was). She isn’t posing with hand on hip, she’s more subtle. And as someone said under Blake’s photo, if her skirt had been shorts it wouldn’t have been as bad cos u can’t flash anyone in shorts! Hotpants only really look tacky on curvacious figures (nothing against them, I have one myself, but u have to dress accordingly).

25. D May 10, 2011 at 23:08 #

bdotw

26. moja31 May 10, 2011 at 23:56 #

honestly, my first reaction was that those must give her an awful wedgie. but other than that, she looks fab. i think the fact that she’s wearing flats helps tone this down a bit, i suspect blake would have gone for sky high platforms.

27. Sharon May 11, 2011 at 00:21 #

I don’t like the outfit, I can’t think of anywhere it could be appropriately worn, and still I think she looks absolutely fantastic! Sorry, FC, but I think Chanel was crazy to pick Blake over Poppy.

• Fashion Critic May 11, 2011 at 00:35 #

I love Blake but I she’s not the right ambassador for Chanel. I wish Versace had got to her first

28. Fiona May 11, 2011 at 00:47 #

The shorts are gimmicky and not flattering, even with legs a mile long. They are granny pants, not really shorts, I don’t like this look on the model either.

29. mari May 11, 2011 at 03:36 #

I wore shorts like that to play volleyball long time ago… in the early eighties… they do look chic, thoug, and I prefer them to the skirt with an almost peekaboo panty waiting to be exposed.
    Blake should have gotten shorts instead.

30. Alina May 11, 2011 at 04:14 #

Amazing!

31. Cara May 11, 2011 at 04:25 #

love it! but in the third photo down the bottom the crotch looks a little funny…..

32. roselle May 11, 2011 at 09:19 #

I love it. Just effortlessly cool

Blake would have paired this with another trashy Loubs of her and made this all hookerish. Poppy got enough fashion sense to pair this look with ballerina.

Totally different story, IMO

33. Fee May 11, 2011 at 16:13 #

Sorry, not buying it. She just looks like she forgot to put on the bottom half of her outfit. When Coco said look in the mirror and take off one thing I don’t think she meant ‘like your skirt or trousers’.

Lady Gaga really has a lot to answer for..

• LizLemooooon May 11, 2011 at 17:51 #

Hahahaha! I love your comment.

34. LizLemooooon May 11, 2011 at 17:50 #

Wow I can’t believe I’m saying this but Chanel is overrated and kind of tacky. Obviously Blake and Poppy have great legs and kudos to them but these outfits are just ridiculous and not chic. There’s a way to wear shorts without looking try-hard.

35. Harleen from ATICALEEN May 12, 2011 at 18:35 #

I would TOTALLY WEAR this outfit! OMG I’ve been wanting this suit for so long.. I know it’s just shorts and jacket, but to me it looks more of a suit.. But of course I would love to have Chanel to alter the shorts a little longer with details since it’s a bit too short for any occasion.. I just love how she make this outfit looks so elegant yet so relaxed.. I think probably the red lips, hair and the pumps.. They really add CHIC to it!

OMG I’m trying to resist myself from SHOUTING this outfit out loud on my blog..
    Let’s see how long I can stand it LOL!

Share the love!