Blake Lively In Chanel Couture – Chanel Resort 2012 Presentation

Blake Lively stood out in the front row of the Chanel Resort 2012 presentation yesterday in Cap d’Antibes, France.

She dazzled wearing a Chanel Spring 2008 Couture ensemble.

The look consisted of a black sequin jacket with a white embellished panel which she paired with the runway black tulip skirt which is super short on the leggy blonde.

Once again the look feels very OTT on a sunny afternoon in Cannes, but she does look good even though putting her hair up would’ve added more sophisticated to this look.

A ruby Lorraine Schwartz ring and taupe Christian Louboutin ‘Bibi’ ostrich platform pumps completed her look.

Credit: Style.com, Getty & Stephane Feugere

Gucci Fall 2011 Press Preview

Gucci Fall 2011 Press Preview

Clemence Poesy In Chanel - Chanel Resort 2012 Presentation

Clemence Poesy In Chanel – Chanel Resort 2012 Presentation

56 Responses to Blake Lively In Chanel Couture – Chanel Resort 2012 Presentation

1. penultimate__ May 10, 2011 at 10:35 #

Yikes! That skirt is a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.

• J May 10, 2011 at 13:10 #

Agree. Malfunction junction.

• Anissa May 10, 2011 at 14:26 #

I thought they were short shorts until I read the details…taking it one step too far once again. That girl so needs a stylist!

• AW May 10, 2011 at 14:40 #

I agree. She’s crossed the line from being sexy to trashy with that skirt.

2. Terry May 10, 2011 at 10:43 #

Sorry but I think this outfit is totally out of place and – what is worse – so cheapened by Blake. Honestly, would you say she’s wearing a HC outfit? I wouldn’t.

• Jen May 10, 2011 at 10:54 #

I agree. I think she’s a beautiful girl and I’d kill for her legs, but she’s not very poised or elegant, two things that I associate with Chanel.

3. Vidhya May 10, 2011 at 10:45 #

even the model wore tights.. this is like the time u predicted eva longoria’s wardrobe malfunction :D

• Fashion Critic May 10, 2011 at 10:47 #

Yes so true

4. Vicky May 10, 2011 at 10:45 #

Thought it was a pair of shorts first. Had it been I’d really liked this look, but now that I know it’s actually a skirt (!) it’s slightly worrying. HOW is she sitting down in this?!

5. Michelle May 10, 2011 at 10:51 #

I would hate to be walking up the stairs in that skirt! Love the outfit, great accessories, passable shoes, (though I would prefer that the skirt would be a little lower) but something needs to be done with the hair!

6. seggie May 10, 2011 at 10:52 #

Oh I really really like that look!!!
    I agree about the hair but wow that girl has such a gorgeous body

7. Ben May 10, 2011 at 10:54 #

OMG…look how short that skirt is!

8. eimearoconnor May 10, 2011 at 10:54 #

whooaaaa thats not a skirt, pretty much a belt! lol!

9. Jen May 10, 2011 at 10:57 #

I can’t tell from the angle – did she move the skirt so that the shorter part is in between her legs instead of over one thigh? Regardless – this is way too short. Come on – would an extra 3 inches hurt? What kills me is that she’s so freaking beautiful – she doesn’t have to wear things that look this tacky to be stunning.

• Rebecca May 10, 2011 at 15:50 #

Ditto–my thoughts exactly. Imagine how beautiful she COULD be.

10. Lee Ann May 10, 2011 at 11:02 #

I wish it had been a smidgeon longer but hey she has the legs so she might as well wear it while she is still young enough to because hopefully in a few years time she will put them away. Also look on the bright side, for once her breasts aren’t also on display. .

11. Melsa Araujo May 10, 2011 at 11:11 #

I think she looks awesome!!!!!!!!

• Incroyable May 10, 2011 at 15:22 #

Agreed! I LOVE the fact that her hair is down, I don’t think she need to look “sophisticated” at a RESORT showing, plus this is her style and I love that she is sticking to to it. She looks Incroyable!

• Fashion Critic May 10, 2011 at 15:29 #

Resort, Pre-fall, Couture, she is still wearing Chanel.

I associate Chanel with a certain level of sophistication and as much as I love Blake, she fails to reach that level wearing Chanel time after time.

She should leave Chanel to Clemence, Keira and even Rachel Bilson.

Chanel is not the right brand for Blake…Period.

• Sisi May 10, 2011 at 16:05 #

First time. i am 100% with you about BLAKE LIVELY. Chanel is not the right brand for Blake. Maybe this is why she is only the face of handbag line.
          Blake lively should stick with something simple and let her body talk.

• dee May 10, 2011 at 16:49 #

I agree with you FC. She is all wrong for Chanel.

12. Fiona May 10, 2011 at 11:34 #

gotta change the hair – the all-over orange look is killing me. I agree with all comments that the skirt is to short, she doesn’t really epitomise Chanel chic to me, but it seems that Mr Lagerfeld is canny enough to pick up the latest it girl for a few seasons and then quickly move on to fresher pastures.

13. roxana May 10, 2011 at 11:54 #

the skirt is too short! and the hair messy! i think a celebrity should have perfect hair at events!

14. Kaz May 10, 2011 at 12:04 #

A skirt that short is ‘not Chanel’.

It’s a shame – a more chic ‘do and a few extra inches on the skirt could really have taken this to another level.

But she does have an amazing figure!

15. b May 10, 2011 at 12:28 #

Another time couture gone Vegasy at the hand of B Lively

*sigh*

16. robbie May 10, 2011 at 12:47 #

well it seems that it isnt just coleen rooney that can make chanel lok cheap, blake can do it aswell. yes she has nice legs but please cover them up a little more.

17. Jennie May 10, 2011 at 12:58 #

hi FC,

just curious, do you purchase your getty images?

• Fashion Critic May 10, 2011 at 13:26 #

Yes I do.

It is against the law to publish pictures that are not licenced.

18. Joy May 10, 2011 at 13:15 #

That’s the shortest skirt I’ve ever seen.

19. sabrina May 10, 2011 at 13:30 #

I like it on the model better.

20. nicky May 10, 2011 at 13:36 #

She looks pretty rough in the last photo…not my favourite look. The skirt is way too short…just looks cheap. Blake is gorgeous but sometimes I wished she’ll find something that would actually fit.

21. Jennifer May 10, 2011 at 13:44 #

Ugh, she is so WRONG for Chanel! I know Karl likes to shake it up, and can’t pick understated beauties all the time, but this just doesn’t work.. The word slutty should never be used to describe a Chanel outfit and Blake does that, and I don’t think she’s trying to..

• Alina May 10, 2011 at 14:34 #

Ditto.

• Courteney May 10, 2011 at 16:18 #

AMEN!

22. Thomas Monks May 10, 2011 at 15:04 #

i love this look classy on top but dangerous on the bottom think that she could have used better shoes ik Christian Louboutin makes better that is where I feel blake always let me down the shoes are usually not great with her loPr

23. JANE May 10, 2011 at 15:07 #

Blake Lively is too cheap & down-market to represent Chanel

24. dee May 10, 2011 at 15:29 #

She cheapened this look from Chanel.

25. Christine May 10, 2011 at 15:29 #

The top is absolutely beautiful and would look incredibly classy paired with fitted trousers and hair styled in an up do.

26. Emma May 10, 2011 at 15:58 #

OTT and even on the tacky side for Blake this time. The skirt is way to short, she barely leaves anything to the imagination. Which is such a typically Blake thing to do. She needs to read Derek Blasberg’s book and take notes while doing so.

Blake and Chanel do not go together well for me, they don’t go together at all I think. Chanel oozes chic sophisctication and Blake constantly makes it look like something from a store that sells prom dresses.

And those chunky shoes?!She needs to get a stylist.

27. Courteney May 10, 2011 at 16:18 #

The skirt is a tad too short. She looks tacky. I don’t quite understand the draw to Blake Lively. Something about her turns me off frankly. It’s most likely her ego!

28. Chanel May 10, 2011 at 16:24 #

I think if the skirt had been a bit longer and the belt had disappeared, the oufit would had been perfect on Blake! Now “it’s just good, but could have been better.”

29. kathryn May 10, 2011 at 16:31 #

We get it Blake, you are sexy!!! But this is getting ridiculous, that skirt is beyond inappropriate. I wish she would give us something else, just once., just for s&g.

30. Lils May 10, 2011 at 16:56 #

I’m sticking to my position she is vulgar, not elegant and ruining every outfit she wears. How could they choose her as a brand ambassador?!

31. M May 10, 2011 at 17:22 #

the critisms against her are gettin harsher… but in my personal opinion… she does look gd.. not many have the legs to pull this off… shes young n having some fun with fashion… some good some bad… but u are only young once… if u hav it, flaunt it…. thats jus my opinion…

• Fashion Critic May 10, 2011 at 17:38 #

I love her as you know ;)

But I think for some she has no versatility.

32. Jennesia May 10, 2011 at 17:48 #

Lolz wow i do agree that this look is very vulgar with that length of skirt. I love the jacket and top combo though.

33. advo May 10, 2011 at 18:29 #

I very much doubt Blake has longer legs than the model. The skirt is so short on her because she shortened – as she likes to do with her dresses too. It’s tacky and too tight and looks nothing like couture.

34. Zarin May 10, 2011 at 18:36 #

I do/did like her as a person but her style is getting exhausting and quite trashy. I think I have her legs memorised by now. I would love to see her just cover up and look gorgeous, as well as have her hair up/changed.

35. misschatty May 10, 2011 at 19:48 #

Damn, people just don’t like her do they. Every time there is an entry for Blake, the comment section is flooded. Why don’t people take time to compliment others? The other ladies at this event looked great and yet people just love coming in to rip this girl apart. From the comments, you would think that the general consensus is that Blake is a trashy girl IRL when, LMFAO, that is not the case.

With that said, wow, the skirt is short. I thought it was shorts at first. Shorts would have made this look perfection.

She looks nice apart from that fiasco. Strappy heels would have been nice too.

36. Lucía May 10, 2011 at 21:10 #

I really like it :)

37. Taylor May 10, 2011 at 22:17 #

Oh my gosh, whenever there’s a Blake Lively post I look to see how many comments there are. People just love to rip her apart. She must be doing something right because people can’t wait to comment and that’s way better than the boring choices most of the other young actresses make. I believe she’s a long way from the trashy and vulgar and some of the comments are quite harsh.
    So the skirt’s a bit short…I believe she’s got the legs for it and like someone said before; she’s young so now’s the time to go for it.

• Meg Phillips May 11, 2011 at 02:03 #

Great post! I love her and think she is marvelous!

38. Meg Phillips May 11, 2011 at 02:01 #

Love her and everything about her…She is sexy and stylish! Rock on Blake!

39. Cara May 11, 2011 at 04:29 #

does anyone else just not like blake lively for her character serena in gossip girl? i know she is obviously plays just a really annoying character…but sometimes it hard to distance an actor from their character!

but this look isnt too bad…better than the white number she wore to the dinner!

40. Kimmy May 11, 2011 at 17:51 #

OTT. I think Blake’s NOT making Chanel look classic anymore. She just doesn’t fit the Chanel image to me.

41. Sonya May 11, 2011 at 18:02 #

The skirt should be longer, like it is on the model. The length is completely inappropriate and tacky. I agree with others that she is not right for Chanel, maybe Versace instead?