Lady Gaga In Mugler – “Born This Way” Mexico Photocall

Lady Gaga attended the photocall and a press conference to promote her new album ‘Born This Way’ and the end of her ‘Monster Ball Tour’ at the St. Regis Hotel in Mexico City this weekend.

The singer wore a Mugler Fall 2011 electric blue turtleneck sheer dress with strategically placed stickers to cover her nipples.

Whilst we should be shocked that she’s wearing the highest platforms we’ve ever seen, the only thing that would now shock me is if she was dressed in jeans and a tee.

Credit: Style.com & INFPhoto

Lady Gaga In Alexander Wang - Departing The Late Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Lady Gaga In Alexander Wang – Departing The Late Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Astrid Berges-Frisbey In Chanel Couture - “Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” World Premiere

Astrid Berges-Frisbey In Chanel Couture – “Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” World Premiere

32 Responses to Lady Gaga In Mugler – “Born This Way” Mexico Photocall

1. Terry May 9, 2011 at 13:05 #

I agree. Isn’t it kind of sad that we’re not surprised by her “outrageous” outfits anymore, since part of her success is based on the “shocking” element?

• J May 10, 2011 at 13:08 #

Yep. Would anyone even pay her attention if she didn’t dress so freaky? Probably not.

2. Rachel May 9, 2011 at 13:08 #

I agree FC. Jeans and a tee would shock me more! I’m tired of all this: “I am gonna shock you looks!”. It has become BORING!

3. Lee Ann May 9, 2011 at 13:15 #

Nice colour but I don’t think I could wear it to the office

4. Lee May 9, 2011 at 13:27 #

Yep, jeans and a T would shock me more than anything else from her. Accident waiting to happen given how high those shoes are. Then again, she probably has minions to carry her around!

5. Elisa May 9, 2011 at 13:34 #

As my boyfriend just pointed out: If she twists her ankle, she’s not going to sprain the ankle – she’s going to break her hip!
    Those shoes are just stupid :)

• Fashion Critic May 9, 2011 at 13:37 #

so true

• Rebecca May 9, 2011 at 14:54 #

Keep that boyfriend!

6. Voguette May 9, 2011 at 13:37 #

Frida rocks this look, GaGa – not so much

7. Jen May 9, 2011 at 13:53 #

So over her trying to prove how different she is. Trying way too hard.

• Godiva May 9, 2011 at 14:21 #

I agree completely! People spend too much time trying to “prove” how different they are… and why does it always translate into a physical representation of that. Just because you dress in outrageous clothing does not mean you are different.

• Jen May 9, 2011 at 14:38 #

I can’t help but compare her to someone like Cate Blanchett. She always dresses like herself, and it comes across so unique and effortless. Even when I don’t like what she’s wearing I like how she wears it, you know? Whereas with Gaga … it just looks like a costume.

• Godiva May 9, 2011 at 15:05 #

You are completely correct. She tries so hard to be different it looks like a cliché, like she is trying to prove it to herself.

And you are completely correct about Cate Blanchett, she is different but doesn’t need to scream it. That is why I love her sense of style!

• Giuseppi May 9, 2011 at 19:21 #

I totally agree with you. I think lady gaga has good taste, but it’s always clouded by the extreem crazinness. Watching her clothing choices has been reminiscent of watching Evil Knieval constantly having to outdo himself. Comparing her to Cate, I think if Gaga had paced herself better, she cuold probably have gotten a reputation for being tasteful instead of shocking.

• Emi May 10, 2011 at 09:44 #

I agree with you. The shoes are unbelievable.

8. june May 9, 2011 at 14:07 #

i love lady gaga but the hair is awful and the platforms are stupid (i love the colour of the dress, but i’m really not a fan of all this sheer stuff that’s so popular. i don’t need to see anyone’s underwear, thanks)

• Christine May 9, 2011 at 15:16 #

In this case, it would have been nice to see a bit more underwear!

• june May 9, 2011 at 15:29 #

lol, in this case, some underwear would have been welcome

9. ashley May 9, 2011 at 14:52 #

i love the color i love gaga!

10. olivia May 9, 2011 at 15:57 #

how the hell can she walk in those shoes? and imho they’re disgusting, and rididculous. I think if she would wear her real hair, and put a gown on, with delicate stilettos, I wouldn’t even know who she is.

11. Alina May 9, 2011 at 16:09 #

For me,she just looks disgusting.

12. robbie May 9, 2011 at 16:41 #

it is hilarous how she insists she isnt some manufactured “pop” star but is a serious musician, sorry sweety but if you were such a serious musician wouldnt need such ridiculous outfits to cover up the fact your songs are as cheesy and silly as most of the rest, and as for being original yeah totally original nicking cruella de vils hair tut tut.

she is getting boring quickly, i just pray to god that she will be gone soon.

• J May 10, 2011 at 13:09 #

I want to marry your comment, Robbie. :D

13. mol May 9, 2011 at 17:34 #

I quite like this outfit on the model but on Lady Gaga it looks awful……I’ve liked her very much in the past, but not this…..at all.

14. Giuseppi May 9, 2011 at 19:23 #

If she’d toned this down, I think I could really like it. The fitted shape is great and the color is too. For me, the thing that ruins her look here is the “edginness,” and that really is just because she’s done it to death.

15. Alfie May 9, 2011 at 20:44 #

This is horrible.

I know she’s like 5’2” and the dress without the high heels would look even sillier on her due to the length,so why wear it if it’s not something that is for you? At least modify it and get a better fit.

But alas no. Bless her heart.

16. docnirz May 9, 2011 at 21:35 #

trying too hard and looking ridiculuos

• docnirz May 9, 2011 at 21:35 #

ridiculous i mean :)

17. pam May 9, 2011 at 21:52 #

I always wonder, ” who would wear that?” when a designer shows a see through. Now I know.

18. Ayesha May 10, 2011 at 05:49 #

i totally agree with you,as much as love her outrageous style,now i’m just tired of it.and i wonder doesn’t she herself find it exhausting to wear crazy clothes all the time.and she even wears such clothes,casually..like on the street,and stuff…it’s too much!!

19. Deepti May 11, 2011 at 22:27 #

Am just curious.. how high are those heels FC?

• Fashion Critic May 11, 2011 at 22:33 #