Dita von Teese In Jenny Packham – The Cointreau MargaDita Launch Party

Dita Von Teese celebrated Cinco de Mayo and the launch of her newest signature cocktail The Cointreau MargaDita at Los Feliz in New York City last week.

The Burlesque dancer opted to wear a Jenny Packham Spring 2011 gown.

Her magnolia printed draped front and back gown with crystal details is styled with her signature red pout and nails, plus she accessorized with a glass of MargaDita.

I know many of you are bored of Dita’s style, but I prefer her wearing those signature fitted dresses.

This loose-fitted gown looks better on the model than it does on Dita sadly.

[nggallery id=777]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rihanna In BCBG Max Azria - Nivea’s 100th Anniversary Celebration

Rihanna In BCBG Max Azria – Nivea’s 100th Anniversary Celebration

Secrets of Stylists: An Insider's Guide to Styling the Stars

Secrets of Stylists: An Insider’s Guide to Styling the Stars

17 Responses to Dita von Teese In Jenny Packham – The Cointreau MargaDita Launch Party

1. mj May 9, 2011 at 17:08 #

I love Dita, but this dress really doesn’t show off her best assets. I think it would be beautiful if we weren’t so used to seeing her showing off her curves – this just seems to drown her in comparison.

2. Paddy M May 9, 2011 at 17:10 #

This could have been such a magical red carpet moment, but I agree with you FC. All of the details on this dress are too much on Dita, and I think it’d work better on a more ‘up-and-down’ shape, not a curvy girl like Dita. And I’m not even one of those who are getting tired of her style – I don’t think I’ll ever grow tired of Dita von Teese!

• KateS May 10, 2011 at 02:43 #

Me neither, I think she’s divine. I agree that this dress on her astonishing figure is just too much of everything. The end result is a little messy, which isn’t something I’ve ever said about Dita.

3. Rebecca May 9, 2011 at 17:14 #

She looks enormous in this dress–perhaps it is the camera angle, but I don’t think so. I wonder if the dress is actually too big for her, or if the flowing design is just better on someone less statuesque

4. mol May 9, 2011 at 17:21 #

The flower pattern on the dress has a bit of a retro vibe which suits Dita, but the actual style and fit of it is completely wrong for her – I too prefer her in a much more fitted style.

5. Nia May 9, 2011 at 17:30 #

It makes her look a bit matronly. A rare mis-step from her.

6. robbie May 9, 2011 at 17:31 #

for me the dress looks better on the model simply because she is slim and the dress gives some shape to her body, but dita already has curves so it just looks bulky on her.

• Matt May 9, 2011 at 18:11 #

I agree

• Jen May 9, 2011 at 18:31 #

I agree as well. And, the model is taller. This is overwhelming Dita.

• Emi May 9, 2011 at 21:18 #

I agree with you. I think you must be tall to pull off this dress; she looks matronly. I don’t like it on her.

7. Rachel May 9, 2011 at 17:34 #

I like her manicure :) India Jewel should do a post about it!

8. Kiran Sooknandan May 9, 2011 at 17:40 #

I love Dita and she constantly impresses but what I’m missing is something unexpected and exciting. Like you FC said about Lady Gaga and jeans, seeing Dita with a nude lip, different hairstyle etc would be refreshing. I get that she has her signature look but after a certain point it all feels a little ‘samey’ to me. I did however wish she attended this years Met Gala.

9. samaira May 9, 2011 at 17:50 #

God her makeup is flawless, she is a vision in her last pic. I dont mind the dress as much, but I do wish the dress was more fitted around her waist.

10. Tahj May 9, 2011 at 18:41 #

Ooh I love that print! I just don’t like her old lady hair and drag queen makeup with it. It would look good on somebody who put it up. Would look beautiful on Thandie Newton or Camilla Belle.

11. dee May 9, 2011 at 19:21 #

This is a pretty dress butit doesn”t work on Dita. I am not tired of Dita’s style I really like what she wears.

12. mochababe73 May 10, 2011 at 03:26 #

I think that Dita has an amazing figure, but this dress makes her torso look square. This is not the right dress for her body.
    Maybe it’s because I watched Mildred Pierce yesterday, but Dita looks like Joan Crawford.

13. Sharon May 10, 2011 at 03:31 #

The dress isn’t all bad on Dita, but I also like her usual style better. While I hope for change in the wardrobes of some celebs, I haven’t tired of Dita’s style. She just amazes me with the perfection of detail.