Liv Tyler co-hosted the opening of the Stella McCartney boutique at Saks Fifth Avenue in New York City with the designer yesterday.

The actress wore a black peplum dress from Stella McCartney’s Fall 2011 collection.

Her polka dress was presented as a jumpsuit during the presentation back in March.

I’m glad Liv opted for the slinky LBD. I have a feel the jumpsuit would’ve been to heavy on Liv. The dress is light enough to pass off as a summer look.

Liv kept it super simple with black sandals, no jewelry and pink glossy lips as the perfect finishing touch.

The event also showcased some of the Stella McCartney gowns celebrities wore to the 2011 Met Gala.

Credit: Getty

Demi Moore In Elise Overland, Kimberly Ovitz & H&M - 2011 A&E Upfront Awards

Demi Moore In Elise Overland, Kimberly Ovitz & H&M – 2011 A&E Upfront Awards

Emma Roberts In Elie Saab - Nylon Magazine Young Hollywood Party

Emma Roberts In Elie Saab – Nylon Magazine Young Hollywood Party

10 Responses to Liv Tyler In Stella McCartney – Stella McCartney Saks Fifth Avenue Boutique Opening

1. Lee Ann May 5, 2011 at 20:03 #

Isn’t this the same dress Kate Winslet recently wore? I don’t usually like Stella Mccartney but this is a nice dress

2. AW May 5, 2011 at 20:23 #

It’s a great lbd but her hair looks greasy and unkept.

Also I would’ve liked to see better shoes.

• Emi May 5, 2011 at 21:31 #

I agree with you, why putting on a beautiful dress but not washing your hair? With all the beautiful shoes why those boring sandals?

3. maria May 5, 2011 at 20:53 #

she looks great, but i could have done with all the Stella looks during the MET. She does not do dramatic and that was missing from all of them.
    I might not understand too much about fashion, but i also find Stella all over the place. I cannot see a cohesive style as a designer as eg Valentino or Versace.

4. dee May 5, 2011 at 21:45 #

I think this look is more interesting as pants. She looks nice.

5. Annel May 6, 2011 at 00:13 #

Nice. But agree that the pants adds something different and a bit more interesting.

6. Pati May 6, 2011 at 10:42 #

I like the dress, but after Kate Winslet wearing a very similar number and looking absolutely drop dead gorgeous, this is just kind of BLAH….. No impact whatsoever….

7. Raquel May 6, 2011 at 15:37 #

The eletric blue dress is stunning. It was a little too low key for the Met Gala and made Eva Mendes look underdressed, but what a gorgeous piece.