Lea Michele In Versace – “Glee” Academy Screening And Q&A

Lea Michele joined her cast-mates for the ‘Glee’ Academy Screening and Q&A in Hollywood, California yesterday.

As always Lea stood out wearing a fresh off the runway Versace black wool dress from the Fall 2011 collection.

Her knee-length one-shoulder black dress with a side-split, white tulip silhouette detail on the front and a white stripe going down the back was paired with black Christian Louboutin peep-toes.

The fact that she didn’t do a ‘Megan Fox/Blake Lively/Diane Kruger’ with the split, shows that she’s calmed down since the 2011 Grammy Awards when the ‘spirit of JLo’ took over her soul.

Whilst I really love this sophisticated dress and I’m happy that Lea didn’t go OTT with the posing, I’m not sure how practical a thigh-high split was for an event where she was sitting down for the majority of the time.

She looks comfortable, so I guess it wasn’t too much of an issue.

Loose waves and a sapphire Stephen Webster ring completed her look.

[nggallery id=770]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Lea Michele In Tanya Taylor - Out In New York City

Lea Michele In Tanya Taylor – Out In New York City

Liv Tyler In Stella McCartney - Stella McCartney Saks Fifth Avenue Boutique Opening

Liv Tyler In Stella McCartney – Stella McCartney Saks Fifth Avenue Boutique Opening

11 Responses to Lea Michele In Versace – “Glee” Academy Screening And Q&A

1. rebecca o May 5, 2011 at 17:20 #

She looks frumpy. The dress is too baggy and the shoes don’t go with it.

2. Giuseppi May 5, 2011 at 17:25 #

I love this dress- the tulip detail at the neckline is so classy and sophisticated, and I think you’re right about the slit. IMO, it detracts a bit, being as high as it is. I’m glad she toned down the shoes- the boots really weaken the look on the runway model.

3. JANE May 5, 2011 at 18:08 #

I like the dress the shoes are amazing but they’re big for her size

4. Elle May 5, 2011 at 18:10 #

LOL at the ‘spirit of JLo’ comment..That was literally the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the photo (except I was thinking of Diane Kruger’s spirit ;)

I actually think the dress would’ve looked a whole lot edgier with the runway boots… The way she’s wearing it makes her seem older (and her too-big Loubs are kinda annoying me)..

5. mochababe73 May 5, 2011 at 20:25 #

I like the dress, but I think that she didn’t even need the slit.

6. Emi May 5, 2011 at 21:37 #

I really like the back of the dress. How can people walk with shoes that are so bigger than their size?

7. dee May 5, 2011 at 21:57 #

I am not crazy about this dress. It is OK. I like her shoes.

8. molly May 5, 2011 at 22:09 #

I love the dres, but I think she should have shortened it about two inches. I think it would have made her legs look longer. And im glad she toned down the posing. Girls who do that are always the desperate ones. Take note ladies.

9. Marvel May 5, 2011 at 22:21 #

That’s 3 Versace Fall 2011 looks in one week.

She looks great and I never would have considered this a look for her but she wears it well.
    Its amazing that in the space of year of how her fashion status has grown. Last year to this event we saw Herve Leger, now Versace. I assume Couture next year. LOL

10. emily May 5, 2011 at 23:11 #

I love the shoes

11. Raquel May 6, 2011 at 15:44 #

I actually like this dress a lot and I like it on her. Lea is only 25 and sometimes I think she opts for dresses that ages her a lot. This one seems perfect for the occasion, her body type and she looks happy. Glad to see the smile and that the bangs are finally going away.