05.05.11 Premiere

“Jumping The Broom” LA Premiere

Going through the pictures from the “Jumping The Broom” LA Premiere, I found myself slightly confused.

It appears that some of the attendees were either way too overdressed or just beyond casual and that definitely made for some interesting looks.

Paula Patton: Looking every inch the star of this movie, Paula looked beautiful wearing a Moschino mini with gold embellished details around the neck and hemline. She has great legs and this dress showcases them perfectly. Brian Atwood gold pumps completed her look.

Angela Basset: It’s not her best look, but the colour of her Mandalay chiffon one-shoulder aqua blue dress with jeweled trim is beautiful. I would’ve preferred this look to be a little bit longer.

Eva Marcille: I’m not 100% sold on this look which includes a One by printed dress. I don’t hate it, but I feel like there are too many accessories. She should have left the clutch in the limo.

Teyana Taylor: The blue YSL Palais pumps do all the talking with this look.

Chelsie Hightower: It’s cute…way too cute. The cut-outs and bows are a tad OTT for my tastes but I guess it fits with her personality. Paris Hilton would love this dress.

Tracey Edmonds: Her shape is amazing in this Herve Leger but it just looks a tad too tight, plus I think we’ve seen her in this a few times before.

Julie Bowen: The whole look just feels very limp like not much effort went into it. Sergio Rossi pumps complete this blah look.

Megan Good: Opted for a hot pink dress with a side split which seems very out of tune with what everyone else wore at this event.

Tasha Smith: I like this look; she looks springtime chic and the detail of the dress is pretty. This is a great colour palette for her skin tone.

For me, there were very few if any standouts at this premiere. I think people played it too safe, too casual or tried too hard. Hopefully, there’s a New York premiere and they can give it another go.

Credit: Getty

Lea Michele In Versace - "Glee" Academy Screening And Q&A

Lea Michele In Versace – “Glee” Academy Screening And Q&A

Demi Moore In Elise Overland, Kimberly Ovitz & H&M - 2011 A&E Upfront Awards

Demi Moore In Elise Overland, Kimberly Ovitz & H&M – 2011 A&E Upfront Awards

14 Responses to “Jumping The Broom” LA Premiere

1. michelle May 5, 2011 at 18:11 #

does Tracey Edmonds have a stake in herve leger?

• Fashion Critic May 5, 2011 at 18:21 #

I would have to say yes

• Mattison May 6, 2011 at 03:57 #

Looks like her and the Kardashians are at all the shareholders meetings fighting to see who gets to wear what first.

• Fashion Critic May 6, 2011 at 10:52 #

lol…I can actually picture that

2. Giuseppi May 5, 2011 at 18:12 #

I don’t usually like print formalwear as much as I like Eva’s, but it really appeals to me. Granted, she looks more like she’s going to church than premiering a movie, but I still like the appearance. Teyana’s statement shoes aren’t my favorites, but she wears them well, and I’m totally with you on Chelsie and Tracey.

3. Rasheedah May 5, 2011 at 18:14 #

I really love Julie Bowen’s dress, her body is so shapeless I wonder if someone else with some “oomph” could hve done it justice?

4. Lara May 5, 2011 at 19:06 #

Meagan needs to stand up straighter. I don’t like Tasha’s wig/weave, but I do think she looks great otherwise. I loved Paula’s look, but I don’t think centre parts do her any favours. Angela disappointed me. Eva needs to lose the earrings STAT!

5. 2c May 5, 2011 at 19:38 #

holy waistin’ smokes! i don’t know who tracey edmonds is, but she has one fantastic figure lolol

6. AW May 5, 2011 at 20:21 #

Tracey Edmonds looks smokin! If I look like that at her age and after having children i’m wearing that same dress everyday!

7. mochababe73 May 5, 2011 at 20:23 #

The biggest problem with Eva’s dress is the belt and the earrings.
    I like Megan’s gown, but she’s overdressed.
    That pink dress Chelsie has on is a little ridiculous.
    I thought that the mohawk shoes were ugly before. Now, I KNOW that they’re ugly.
    Angela Bassett looked the best to me. Her dress is beautiful, but I’m the opposite. I wish that she had worn higher heels and a higher hemline.

8. dee May 5, 2011 at 21:54 #

The only person who looks good here to me is Paula Patton.
    Angela Bassett-the shape of the dress is not flattering.
    Eva – overaccessorized.
    Teyana-hate the shoes
    Chelsea-too barbie doll like and the fit is not flattering
    tracey-wish the dress was a little longer to cover her knees
    Julie-hair and makeup need polish
    meagan – don’t like the lip color on her
    Tasha-don’t like the hairstyle on her or the neckline

9. Carla May 6, 2011 at 00:42 #

It’s a shame that Megan’s formality wasn’t matched by her co-stars because this is the best she’s looked on a red carpet in ages.

• Mattison May 6, 2011 at 03:54 #

I know, right?! I can’t even remember the last time I saw her not wearing leggings, denim cutoffs, a black leather jacket, or heavy boots. Shame, since I think she’s such a cute girl.

10. carmen dandiego May 7, 2011 at 22:24 #

you do a great job covering diverse events. thx.