Chen Ran In MaxMara – Richard Mille Shanghai Store Opening

Asian actress and crowned fashion it-girl Chen Ran has been snapped up by street style blogs for her personal style while attending fashion shows and events worldwide.

She managed to shine the spotlight on her style once again when she attended the Richard Mille store opening ceremony in Shanghai wearing a bold minimalistic look from MaxMara’s Spring 2011 collection.

The bright hued yellow look consists of cropped pants with a slight flare and piping detail paired with a long sleeved iridescent top.

Keeping with the monotone yellow palette, Chen opted for iridescent yellow platform peep-toe heels and a clutch to complete her look.

Borrowing notes from the runway styling, Chen opted for no jewelry in order to stick with the MaxMara minimal aesthetic that was the ever present theme throughout the entire Spring 2011 collection.

It takes a lot of confidence to pull off a monotone look. Style is when you’re completely comfortable in the fashion choices you make and Chen appears 100% confident in this selection.

It’s certainly going to be interesting watching this rising fashion star’s future fashion choices.

Credit: Sina & Style.com

Who Wore Alberta Ferretti Better? Pace Wu or Sandra Lee

Who Wore Alberta Ferretti Better? Pace Wu or Sandra Lee

Style Spotlight: Elisa Sednaoui

Style Spotlight: Elisa Sednaoui

16 Responses to Chen Ran In MaxMara – Richard Mille Shanghai Store Opening

1. Social Tailor May 5, 2011 at 09:19 #

Monotone is very now – as 2 separates it’s unfortunate that she wears it straight off the catwalk – it kind of says I have no idea and someone needs to dress me…
    Still a honey though.

2. Jen May 5, 2011 at 10:10 #

I like this, except for the pant length. Personal preference, but I like a longer pant with a tall heel like that. Or, a less flared opening. Otherwise I think this looks awesome on her.

3. penultimate__ May 5, 2011 at 10:30 #

*monochrome

• Fashion Critic May 5, 2011 at 14:05 #

mon·o·chrome
      [mon-uh-krohm]
      –noun
      a painting or drawing in different shades of a single color.
      the art or technique of producing such a painting or drawing.
      the state or condition of being painted, decorated, etc., in shades of a single color

–adjective
      being or made in the shades of a single color: a blue monochrome seascape.
      having the images reproduced in tones of gray: monochrome television.

• penultimate__ May 6, 2011 at 15:20 #

My point exactly… Monotone refers to single neutral color such as a neutral colour like black, light to medium greys, beiges, taupes, and off whites.

Monochrome describes paintings, drawings, design, or photographs in one color or shades of one color.

• Fashion Critic May 6, 2011 at 15:28 #

ok cool

4. Naomi May 5, 2011 at 10:42 #

The top’s shape is so unflattering…

• Gaber May 5, 2011 at 15:26 #

Yeah.
      I REALLY want to love it because it’s OMG YELLOW, but when you wear a colour that makes you stand out to this extent, things need to be perfect.

5. Flaneur May 5, 2011 at 10:49 #

very fetching(though the fit of the pants is rather close to dangerous territory)….not to forget awesome make up and hair…

n that white beauty behind her….makes the pic look like from a photoshoot….drool

6. DivaMom May 5, 2011 at 14:41 #

Monotone, monochrome…. its all very boring in this case. I hate how the shirt is billowing out making her appear bloated. The boy/narrow hip bottom half is not very flattering.

7. dee May 5, 2011 at 16:31 #

I don’t like how the top fits her. The color looks good though.

8. Fee May 6, 2011 at 12:37 #

I really don’t like yellow clothing but I actually love this look. I think the fit of the top is down to the way she’s standing in the photo. I love that she went all out the shoes and bag as well. As you said that shows real confidence.

PS I think ‘monotone’ refers to sound, sorry :)

9. mikeijames May 6, 2011 at 13:26 #

anna dello russo wore this exact look during milan (i think) fashion week with much more splash….

10. Raquel May 6, 2011 at 15:49 #

I love the color and she rocks the look, but I find the cut of the top to be very unflattering.

11. Rossety May 11, 2011 at 10:34 #

it girl?? even we chinese don’t know who she is!!!! i REALLY don’t like her try-too-hard-to-be-good style

• Fashion Critic May 11, 2011 at 10:40 #

Yes the research which we had to translate from Chinese said she was a it girl.

I’m trying to feature women of all races on my site, so this type of patronization is not appreciated.