03.05.11

Stars In Stella MCartney – 2011 Met Gala

Madonna made a rare red carpet appearance at the 2011 Met Gala last night.

She was one of the many star to opt for a Stella McCartney gown.

The teal gown was embroidered with stars which ran down the back to the bottom of her train.

Sergio Rossi ‘Cachet Vague’ sandals with crystals embellishments completed her look.

Gwyneth Paltrow was the other star who gave me a case of deja vu on the red carpet at the 2011 Met Gala last night.

At first I thought her Stella McCartney nude crystal long sleeve embroidered gown was Michael Kors, plus it reminds me of many looks she has worn before.

Maggie Gyllenhaal blue sequin bias cut Stella McCartney gown is breath-taking. We don’t see her much on the red carpet, but she does provide some wonderful moments.

Like mummy-to-be Jessica Alba, Kate Hudson also opted for gold.

Her gold silk strapless Stella McCartney gown was embrodiered with crystal details.

Casadei slingbacks and a Edie Parker clutch completed her look.

I wasn’t too fond of Iman’s Stella McCartney bronze and gold embroidered long sleeve jumpsuit as it’s too matchy with her hair colour.

Naomi Watts opted for a romantic nude and tulle Stella embroidered gown and a rose gold belt.

Sergio Rossi heels and a gold clutch completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Brooklyn Decker & Michelle Monaghan Pretty In Pink - 2011 Met Gala

Brooklyn Decker & Michelle Monaghan Pretty In Pink – 2011 Met Gala

Models @ The Met

Models @ The Met

44 Responses to Stars In Stella MCartney – 2011 Met Gala

1. Lee Ann May 3, 2011 at 21:33 #

Thought Madge looked feminine and classic-maybe her
    Movie on Wallis has rubbed off on her

2. Dani May 3, 2011 at 21:39 #

I LOVE Madonna’s look.. one of the best dressed at the event in my opinion :D

• Emi May 3, 2011 at 22:03 #

Completely agree with you, her gown is so beautiful. I love the color and the stars, amazing. It’a fashion dream…

3. DivaMom May 3, 2011 at 21:40 #

Madge is working it!

4. Mahima May 3, 2011 at 21:42 #

You would think with the amount of stars wearing Stella McCartney that it was her event not McQueen’s.

• Jess May 4, 2011 at 10:35 #

Stella was a co-chair for the event, so naturally she dressed a lot of people. But yeah I was hoping for a lot more McQueen.

5. noo May 3, 2011 at 21:43 #

madonna is my favorite from this bunch :D she looks stunning !!!

6. leele May 3, 2011 at 22:02 #

I don’t think you are fare with Gwyneth Paltrow and Naomi Watts – these are one of the best nude and embroidered gowns from the evening.they’re both so sofisticated, romantic, stylish and astonishing!!!!!you should have made each of them their own post

• Fashion Critic May 3, 2011 at 22:46 #

Is this a serious comment.

I have been blogging for about 12 hours and your comment is that I should’ve given Gwyneth and Naomi their own posts.

Thanks for this.

It’s the kick in the butt I needed to step away from my computer and do something else today.

• Renske May 3, 2011 at 23:17 #

And I think you did a great job!:)

• Marlie May 3, 2011 at 23:24 #

NOOOO don’t step away from your computer!! I love your blog been following it for years. I’m addicted. I look at it every day and have told all my friends and family about it and got them hooked too. U r doing a fantastic job. I appreciate it is a hobby for you but thank you for your time and effort.

• Fashion Critic May 4, 2011 at 01:29 #

lol…no i meant that I had been glued to my computer updating all day and that comment made me finally move away from it to take a breather

• Rebecca May 3, 2011 at 23:26 #

FC, your coverage of this event is nothing short of amazing and spectacular–I don’t know how you do it! Your response here was right on!

• Marlie May 4, 2011 at 00:35 #

I don’t agree. Gwyneth has worn this look so many times. She has become too predictable. Ok we get she has a nice body but be more creative! I love Naomi’s hair and make up but not that fond of her dress. I would have preferred it to be strapless.

7. CreoleLady May 3, 2011 at 22:08 #

I too am pleasantly surprised by Madonna. She and Maggie are the best of this group for me.

8. The-Dame.com May 3, 2011 at 22:11 #

All of them look stunning! Altho Gwyneth is hardly stepping out of her box here…

9. mol May 3, 2011 at 22:14 #

Like others, I loved Madonna best in this group – very classy, which seems funny to say…..

10. Hannah May 3, 2011 at 22:29 #

Iman’s jumpsit could only have been worn by th epartner of David Bowie, noone else! Has she changed her ahir colour, if sh ehas, I really don’t like it, she suits a darker brown in my opinion. Maggie looks gorgeous, she always does.
    Isn’t it funny how one of the fashion industry’s more safe desginers dominates the Met gala year after eyar after year? At least this year there isn’t too much similarity between the outfits.
    I like how you have not mentioned what Stella herself wore :P

• KateS May 4, 2011 at 02:11 #

You’re so right about Bowie! I was thinking that there was something drag-queen-ish about Iman here, but now that you’ve pointed it out I’m definitely seeing Ziggy.

11. PamG May 3, 2011 at 22:33 #

Love the versatility and impeccable tailoring that is Stella McCartney! All the ladies have their own flair, and their personalities shine through with the help of their fabulous clothes. Stella is a very talented designer!

12. Jimmy May 3, 2011 at 22:37 #

Madonna looks gorgous. This is one of my favorite looks from the event .

13. jen May 3, 2011 at 22:47 #

mad is stunning! loved her dress, her hair, her make up! one of the best dressed :D!

• jen May 3, 2011 at 22:51 #

oh, forgot to say lol. couldnt get excited over naomi watts’ dress, it looks just like mandy moore’s 2011 oscars dress. its just too soon for sucha clsoe re-run :p

• Fiona May 4, 2011 at 01:10 #

I was about to say the same thing so you saved me the bother, they are virtually the same. I do like this on her though, in fact most of the looks. I do think that Gwyneth Paltrow’s dress also has a look of the Armani worn by Anne Hathaway to the Oscars. I also like the comment above that no one has mentioned Stella McCartney’s own dress, not flattering.

14. GirlOne May 3, 2011 at 23:14 #

Maggie’s sexy in that glittery blue dress!

15. Fanny May 3, 2011 at 23:18 #

Madonna! Love the color and material of her dress.

16. jenny May 3, 2011 at 23:18 #

I’m not sure if this is late but hallie steinfield also wore stella.heres the photo-http://www.teenvogue.com/images/peopleparties/07-hailee-steinfeld-met-gala.jpg :)

17. Rebecca May 3, 2011 at 23:25 #

Iman looks so much better in a gold jumpsuit that JLo did–class vs brass

18. Jake May 4, 2011 at 00:14 #

They all look beautiful, but did any of the 20+ stars that wore Stella McCartney read the damn invite. HONORING MCQUEEN, NOT STELLA MCCARTNEY. Not that their wasn’t a bunch of McQueen looks on the red carpet, which their were, but the amount of Stella got so old after about 10 looks that I the beauty was sucked out of the dresses.

19. Sarah NZ May 4, 2011 at 00:25 #

I love all the long sleeves we’ve seen at the Met! I do have one grizzle regarding Maggie – will that woman EVER wear a bra! They are seriously heading south. Beautiful dress though.

• Fiona May 5, 2011 at 15:40 #

Ditto.

20. nokia May 4, 2011 at 00:31 #

Hi FC, I think Thandie Newton also wore a Stella Mccartney. Do u know why so many stella gowns last night? Just curious

• Amy May 4, 2011 at 07:42 #

Might have something to do with her being a co-chair for the gala last night.

21. Ariel May 4, 2011 at 01:29 #

Madonna is the best here. Gwyneth looks pretty but I agree that we’ve seen this look on her so many times.

22. lou May 4, 2011 at 02:43 #

on the contrary, i think iman looks fab :P i love that she had the sass to step out in a sequined jumpsuit while everyone else was in poofy dresses! madonna also looks incredible, so much better than that louis vuitton getup last year

• ahot May 4, 2011 at 11:36 #

True that. But she looks really beyoncey- blonde i must say. Marge was wunderbar, stylish, age appropriate & not desperate. Gwyneth must be un-invited if she won´t bother to try at all. Minimalism, i get- but the same hairstyle? Girl please!

23. aiyu May 4, 2011 at 03:36 #

Apart from Madonna, I think the rest look boring, it’s nothing we’ve never seen before, esp. Naomi and Gywneth.

24. Danielle May 4, 2011 at 04:59 #

I think that Madonna looks fabulous. She looks as good as she did in her “Bad Girl” video

25. Raquel May 4, 2011 at 05:37 #

IMAN – capitular please – does no wrong. That’s awesome in so many ways, I mean, I look at this gold jumpsuit and I’m like, what, but then she rocks it, rocks the look like the ubber model she has ever been, way before the Giseles and Cocos of life.

26. Raquel May 4, 2011 at 05:38 #

Ops, forgot to say that this is best Madonna has looked in *years*.

27. rebecca o May 4, 2011 at 06:43 #

Iman looks awesome, Madonna looks great but Gwyneth and Naomi are totally boring. Deja vu with both of them.

28. Sophie May 4, 2011 at 10:44 #

Madonna looks great! One of my favorite looks! <3

29. D May 4, 2011 at 10:46 #

Madonna looks gorgous….

30. Alina May 4, 2011 at 13:36 #

Madonna’s look is very demure for her.
    Gwyneth looks beautiful but I agree that her look is a deja vu case.
    Maggie looks stunning.Simple but gorgeous.
    Kate’s dress is beautiful but her hair lets her down.
    Iman-disappointing.
    Naomi- it’s a good look but…she can do sooo much better.