Saoirse Ronan In Rodarte – 2011 Met Gala

Saoirse Ronan gave us something different to the gowns and mermaid hemlines at the 2011 Met Gala.

She opted to wear a Rodarte Fall 2011 look.

The red crepe collared jacket which drapes at the back was teamed with a red embroidered sequin skirt.

I wish she’d found better shoes to complement her look.

These silver Tabitha Simmons ‘Dixie’ heels aren’t working for me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Hilary Rhoda In Alexander McQueen - 2011 Met Gala

Hilary Rhoda In Alexander McQueen – 2011 Met Gala

Alexa Chung In Christopher Kane - 2011 Met Gala

Alexa Chung In Christopher Kane – 2011 Met Gala

25 Responses to Saoirse Ronan In Rodarte – 2011 Met Gala

1. kimi May 3, 2011 at 04:33 #

I liked it because it was bold and it was from Rodarte Fall 2011 (one of my favorite seasons from them), but I didn’t notice the shoes. What a let down.

2. ME May 3, 2011 at 04:42 #

Great color on her. I think it would have been better if the dress were a floor-length gown.
    And for some reason hers doesn’t look at vibrant as the one on the runway.

3. Pam May 3, 2011 at 04:49 #

The dress seems too big for her and it’s rather disappointing as the dress is lovely on the model.

My initial reaction to her shoes was “Ugh!”

4. jen May 3, 2011 at 04:59 #

it looks so fierce on the model & so blah on saoirse. from all the shoes that celebs get access to, how could one possibly chose a pair like THAT? it never stops boggling my mind

• fashionrookie May 3, 2011 at 14:09 #

”it looks so fierce on the model & so blah on saoirse”
      lol
      it’s like you completely read my mind. I though this too, in the exact same words :)

• Terry May 3, 2011 at 15:35 #

Jen has read my mind, as well. This is one of the most beautiful dresses of the collection, but it’s so lifeless on Saoirse, which is a pity. I really wish it looked good on her.

• fashionrookie May 3, 2011 at 19:08 #

I doubt it could’ve looked great on her, ’cause she doesn’t have the height to pull it off. Noticed how it looks much better on Karlie Kloss since she’s a lot taller? Also, the shoulders look so cool and spiky on the runway, yet they just hang on Saorise. not a good look at all.

5. PamG May 3, 2011 at 05:15 #

Love the lines of the dress. It would be nice if she changed the hair and shoes though!

6. Kaylie May 3, 2011 at 05:20 #

I agree about the shoes. I loved the dress on her though! A nice contrast to most of the other gowns.

7. Christine May 3, 2011 at 06:41 #

Her hair and make-up are too casual and – as everyone already stated – the shoes are dreadful. She seems too young and not statuesque enough to pull off this fabulous dress.

8. Emi May 3, 2011 at 06:45 #

I agree with Pam, the dress seems too big, plus I would have kept the original length, and the shoes are awful, awful! To me is almost a miss. Rodarte is difficult to pull off and she didn’t.

9. Carolina May 3, 2011 at 06:56 #

Saoirse deserves credit for the try, but to my eye, she simply does not have the presence for this look. It’s a case of the clothing wearing (and overwhelming) the person here. From the hair to the shoulders and down, everything appears droopy, and even her stance is tentative – this dress calls for assertion.

10. mol May 3, 2011 at 07:01 #

This dress falls completely flat on the lovely Saoirse – too bad!

11. Sophia May 3, 2011 at 07:17 #

Awesome! Very refreshing to see someone wearing something different than huge gowns.

12. Jennifer L May 3, 2011 at 09:24 #

Oh my lordie this has made my day. Aside from the shoes obv. A fellow Irish girl wearing Rodarte!! I didn’t think it possible. Gives me something to dream for.

13. Sharon May 3, 2011 at 10:41 #

The runway version is so dramatic and this one looks so blah. I don’t have any idea what happened, but something got really lost in the translation.

14. Voguette May 3, 2011 at 11:04 #

love it, exsept shoes

15. Vera May 3, 2011 at 11:31 #

Beautiful dress that doesn’t work for her. It certainly doesn’t help that her posing is awkward.

16. mochababe73 May 3, 2011 at 11:50 #

Ugly shoes that complements the ugly dress. The dress is too long. The fit is too big, and the bottom of it looks like Christmas wrapping paper.

17. Lucía May 3, 2011 at 12:22 #

I don’t like this. The hair, the shoes…it’s all a mess

18. Megan May 3, 2011 at 16:28 #

I may be harsh but it’s just nooooo!!!

19. Alina May 3, 2011 at 17:33 #

Ugly.

20. dee May 3, 2011 at 18:55 #

Not a fan of this. I really don’t like Rodarte anyway. The shoes don’t even go with the dress.

21. KateS May 4, 2011 at 02:35 #

with different shoes and some black makeup around the eyes, i think this might have worked.

22. Lou May 4, 2011 at 18:54 #

Great colour but this looks way too mature for her and too big