Natalia Vodianova In Valentino – 2011 Met Gala

Natalia Vodianova arrived with Valentino Garavani on the red carpet at the 2011 Met Gala.

Her Valentino Fall 2007 Couture gown was another one of my favourites on the night.

The black crepe gown with embellished details and ostrich feathers provided some much needed drama on this red carpet.

I love the pop of colour via the yellow clutch.

Smoky eyes and slicked back hair perfected this amazing look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2014 Met Gala?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2014 Met Gala?

Brooklyn Decker & Michelle Monaghan Pretty In Pink - 2011 Met Gala

Brooklyn Decker & Michelle Monaghan Pretty In Pink – 2011 Met Gala

17 Responses to Natalia Vodianova In Valentino – 2011 Met Gala

1. Hannah May 3, 2011 at 19:51 #

I loved this look too. It was ne of my favourite easily. I really, really miss proper Valentino, and seeing it again just brings back such good memories of what it used to be. Modern Day Valentino does not even compare! Such a bittersweet moment fo rme, but Natalia look gorgeous!
    Funny, isn’t it, that Valentino’s hand looks normal, but his face is not only metallic but is also not too dissimilar a colour than that of the carpet or Lara stone’s dress?

• dee May 3, 2011 at 20:44 #

I miss Valentino too. I am not fond of the new designers that too over the house. This gown is gorgeous.

• Hannah May 3, 2011 at 22:32 #

Exactly, I wish mro epeople would wear archived pieces, the whoel trend of having to wear the new and the next doesn’t seem to work for me, especially when we look at the beautiful gowns of the past. I wish more people had done that at this event.

2. Gaber May 3, 2011 at 20:08 #

I adore the dress, but I think this would have looked so much better with just ONE pop of colour. >.>

3. Lee Ann May 3, 2011 at 20:12 #

Finally a real Valentino and not the tween couture of the new designers. She looked fabulous.

4. Charlotte May 3, 2011 at 20:18 #

I love this one too! At the start I thought the looks were a bit disappointing but they are starting to get better! Loving you coverage, by the way!

FC, what is you absolute favourite from the gala? I’d hav to say Diane. She looked AMAZING! Her an Jason Wu are forever a winning team

5. Anissa May 3, 2011 at 20:26 #

I sure hope you will feature Bar R too. Now that was drama!

6. Jennifer May 3, 2011 at 21:28 #

Absolutely stunning. Been a while since I saw a black dress that stood out so much.

7. Emi May 3, 2011 at 21:32 #

I usually don’t like too many fabrics or different materials on a dress, and this is an example, but she looks absolutely stunning; she’s gorgeous, make up and hair are perfect. What was going on on Valentino’s face? Terrible, and he’s such a classy man… I think one of the differences between Valentino and the duo Piccioli-Chiuri is (beside the fact that there’s only one Valentino) that they seem to design for young girls only and sometimes their dresses are gorgeous but not particularly flattering. It’s impossible to forget that he used to dress one of the most elegant woman of the history, Jackie O.

8. Megan May 3, 2011 at 22:12 #

Simply stunning!!

9. Emma May 3, 2011 at 22:19 #

The only drama here is the colour of Vanentino’s face…

• Alina May 4, 2011 at 13:41 #

LOL. I agree.

10. Ariel May 4, 2011 at 01:38 #

That’s one beautiful black gown. Love it on Natalia!

11. KateS May 4, 2011 at 02:08 #

It is a stunning dress, although I think it makes her appear shorter than usual. Pictures of Valentino always make me chuckle – he’s such an oompa-loompa.

12. Danielle May 4, 2011 at 05:01 #

Why is Valentino orange? He is starting to look like an over-tanned liberace. But the dress is stunning

13. Raquel May 4, 2011 at 05:41 #

Sutnning. Love it, really. She looks so… lovely.

14. mikeijames May 6, 2011 at 13:36 #

when can valentino come back to his house and give us dresses like this again?! this look is tearfully beautiful. i’m more than impressed, i’m MOVED.