03.05.11

Leighton Meester In Louis Vuitton – 2011 Met Gala

Leighton Meester opted for a sexy LBD on the red carpet tonight at the 2011 Met Gala in New York City this evening.

Her Louis Vuitton strapless dress with cut-out and button details was paired with a black clutch and black shoes from the Louis Vuitton Fall 2011 collection.

I love the sleek back ponytail which allows us to see her Cathy Waterman earrings.

I would’ve preferred sandals to strappy booties, but Leighton always opted for something a bit different at this event.

Credit: Getty

Nieves Alvarez In Gucci - Woolmark's 'Campaña por la Lana' Campaign Unveiling

Nieves Alvarez In Gucci – Woolmark’s ‘Campaña por la Lana’ Campaign Unveiling

Beyonce Knowles In Emilio Pucci - 2011 Met Gala

Beyonce Knowles In Emilio Pucci – 2011 Met Gala

32 Responses to Leighton Meester In Louis Vuitton – 2011 Met Gala

1. Julie May 3, 2011 at 03:19 #

I see this and can’t help but think of shutters/blinds. lol

• Chloe May 3, 2011 at 14:08 #

lol. I just noticed that

2. Kathryn May 3, 2011 at 03:22 #

J’adore this look by Leighton. She always bring something fresh and interesting to the red carpet.

3. Voguette May 3, 2011 at 03:24 #

Worst shoes ever award

4. Penpen May 3, 2011 at 03:34 #

Me no likey, the dress has the same cut out length as the Vera Wang skirt she wore last week but it somehow makes her look short and i would say … chubby? Maybe because of the material and the footware? Anyway, it is not flattering at all.

5. mochababe73 May 3, 2011 at 03:35 #

I actually like this dress, but I think that she should have gone a little more glam.
    I am not a fan of Leighton’s style, but I expected something more edgy and avant garde from her.

6. Kaylie May 3, 2011 at 03:40 #

So disappointing.

• Leti May 3, 2011 at 05:10 #

Indeed. I really can’t get past the shoes, or the earrings.

• Alina May 3, 2011 at 13:39 #

I agree.

7. roselle May 3, 2011 at 03:49 #

Why so safe, Lei?

I was hoping you would go over the top like that red LV baby doll everybody seemed to hate.

Its still one of my favorites Met Costume outfit ever. *sad*

8. Emmeline May 3, 2011 at 03:55 #

I applaud the fact that she always takes risks and commits to her looks 100%. It might not be my favorite of hers, but at least she wears it with confidence.

9. kimi May 3, 2011 at 04:01 #

The dress is edgy and different but its not what I expected from Leighton. ):

10. robbie May 3, 2011 at 04:07 #

really ugly shoes but that dress looks hot on her.

11. Jen May 3, 2011 at 04:23 #

I liked the dress, and I loved her hair. She’s so beautiful and confident!
    I’m not a fan of the shoes, but it made her dress look differently somehow.
    It’s not my favorite tonight, but she’s gorgeous.

12. Sasha May 3, 2011 at 04:24 #

the shoes look amazing when you see them from the side, this picture doesn’t do them justice

she looks beautiful but I expected more

13. ME May 3, 2011 at 04:44 #

Love the dress, but wish it were shorter and that she’d chosen different shoes.

• Saara May 3, 2011 at 07:38 #

I think one of the above would’ve helped – either different shoes or shorter length. I also think her make-up could be better.

14. Emma May 3, 2011 at 05:38 #

I really like the sress! She rocks it with such confidence! And the hair and make up was perfection!!

But the shoes…

15. Joy May 3, 2011 at 06:54 #

The bodice is wonderful and super sexy, but the dress should have been either much shorter or a full blown gown. Love the make up and the hair.

16. Emi May 3, 2011 at 06:58 #

I don’t like the length of the dress, but I like her because she doesn’t try hard. I mean, she’s young, she has an interesting style and she takes risks ( remember last year, same event?). Compared to Blake “Tacky” Lively, she seems her daughter. It’s like she’s young and she doesn’t have to prove it and her mother wanted to prove that she’s still hot.

17. mol May 3, 2011 at 07:14 #

Cool, distanced, sexy, she stands out from the crowd with her poise – I like it.

18. S May 3, 2011 at 07:19 #

Her make-up and hair look amazing, but I’m not liking the shoes and dress at all. I was hoping for more from her, especially after those Marchesa and LV looks she wore to past events :(

19. b May 3, 2011 at 07:47 #

She looks so pretty but I think she’s a little underdressed for the occasion

20. Lils May 3, 2011 at 09:37 #

I hate everything about this look: makeup, hair, dress and shoes.

21. Alex May 3, 2011 at 10:11 #

LOVE IT. She always choose something different than others and I will love her forever for that. She’s my bst not-gown dressed at this gala.

22. Lucía May 3, 2011 at 13:34 #

I like the dress too, but I would have loved to see her in a gown. Also it doesn’t fit her like it should, and I dislike the shoes. And I hate saying this about her :(

23. Chloe May 3, 2011 at 14:09 #

Why can’t that girl wear a gown. She would look so beautiful in it.

24. Hannah May 3, 2011 at 14:57 #

My instant reaction was not too favourable, but I ahte it less the mroe I see it. If anyone could have pulled it off, it would have been her. It would have been her more with better shoes and much better hair an dmakeup, but still her.
    Also, is it not ironic that her two, lets be honest, mroe disastrous Met gal alooks (although I actually have nothing against that LV look 2,w as it, years ago) sh emade the red carpet, last years she looked incredible, adn didn’t?

25. Luis May 3, 2011 at 15:09 #

It is just me or this this dressed is so inspired in Pedro Lourenço Fall 2010 RTW?!

26. Lou May 3, 2011 at 15:27 #

I’m thinking: yawn.

27. dee May 3, 2011 at 15:28 #

I like that she takes risks with her choices. I like the dress it too crazy about the shoes.

28. Zarin May 3, 2011 at 19:46 #

I have a lot of love for everything but the shoes. It took me a while to adjust to the idea of liking them instead of liking them from the start, and in my opinion, that shouldn’t happen. I want to be able to love this look the way I normally do but the shoes are throwing me off a little.
    From ankles up, she looks gorgeous as always. I especially love her make up!