Menu

03.05.11

Leighton Meester In Louis Vuitton – 2011 Met Gala

Leighton Meester opted for a sexy LBD on the red carpet tonight at the 2011 Met Gala in New York City this evening.

Her Louis Vuitton strapless dress with cut-out and button details was paired with a black clutch and black shoes from the Louis Vuitton Fall 2011 collection.

I love the sleek back ponytail which allows us to see her Cathy Waterman earrings.

I would’ve preferred sandals to strappy booties, but Leighton always opted for something a bit different at this event.

Credit: Getty

Zoe Saldana In Calvin Klein - 2011 Met Gala

Zoe Saldana In Calvin Klein – 2011 Met Gala

Beyonce Knowles In Emilio Pucci - 2011 Met Gala

Beyonce Knowles In Emilio Pucci – 2011 Met Gala

32 Responses to Leighton Meester In Louis Vuitton – 2011 Met Gala

1. Zarin May 3, 2011 at 19:46 #

I have a lot of love for everything but the shoes. It took me a while to adjust to the idea of liking them instead of liking them from the start, and in my opinion, that shouldn’t happen. I want to be able to love this look the way I normally do but the shoes are throwing me off a little.
    From ankles up, she looks gorgeous as always. I especially love her make up!

2. dee May 3, 2011 at 15:28 #

I like that she takes risks with her choices. I like the dress it too crazy about the shoes.

3. Lou May 3, 2011 at 15:27 #

I’m thinking: yawn.

4. Luis May 3, 2011 at 15:09 #

It is just me or this this dressed is so inspired in Pedro Lourenço Fall 2010 RTW?!

5. Hannah May 3, 2011 at 14:57 #

My instant reaction was not too favourable, but I ahte it less the mroe I see it. If anyone could have pulled it off, it would have been her. It would have been her more with better shoes and much better hair an dmakeup, but still her.
    Also, is it not ironic that her two, lets be honest, mroe disastrous Met gal alooks (although I actually have nothing against that LV look 2,w as it, years ago) sh emade the red carpet, last years she looked incredible, adn didn’t?

6. Chloe May 3, 2011 at 14:09 #

Why can’t that girl wear a gown. She would look so beautiful in it.

7. Lucía May 3, 2011 at 13:34 #

I like the dress too, but I would have loved to see her in a gown. Also it doesn’t fit her like it should, and I dislike the shoes. And I hate saying this about her 🙁

8. Alex May 3, 2011 at 10:11 #

LOVE IT. She always choose something different than others and I will love her forever for that. She’s my bst not-gown dressed at this gala.

9. Lils May 3, 2011 at 09:37 #

I hate everything about this look: makeup, hair, dress and shoes.

10. b May 3, 2011 at 07:47 #

She looks so pretty but I think she’s a little underdressed for the occasion

11. S May 3, 2011 at 07:19 #

Her make-up and hair look amazing, but I’m not liking the shoes and dress at all. I was hoping for more from her, especially after those Marchesa and LV looks she wore to past events 🙁

12. mol May 3, 2011 at 07:14 #

Cool, distanced, sexy, she stands out from the crowd with her poise – I like it.

13. Emi May 3, 2011 at 06:58 #

I don’t like the length of the dress, but I like her because she doesn’t try hard. I mean, she’s young, she has an interesting style and she takes risks ( remember last year, same event?). Compared to Blake “Tacky” Lively, she seems her daughter. It’s like she’s young and she doesn’t have to prove it and her mother wanted to prove that she’s still hot.

14. Joy May 3, 2011 at 06:54 #

The bodice is wonderful and super sexy, but the dress should have been either much shorter or a full blown gown. Love the make up and the hair.

15. Emma May 3, 2011 at 05:38 #

I really like the sress! She rocks it with such confidence! And the hair and make up was perfection!!

But the shoes…

16. ME May 3, 2011 at 04:44 #

Love the dress, but wish it were shorter and that she’d chosen different shoes.

• Saara May 3, 2011 at 07:38 #

I think one of the above would’ve helped – either different shoes or shorter length. I also think her make-up could be better.

17. Sasha May 3, 2011 at 04:24 #

the shoes look amazing when you see them from the side, this picture doesn’t do them justice

she looks beautiful but I expected more

18. Jen May 3, 2011 at 04:23 #

I liked the dress, and I loved her hair. She’s so beautiful and confident!
    I’m not a fan of the shoes, but it made her dress look differently somehow.
    It’s not my favorite tonight, but she’s gorgeous.

19. robbie May 3, 2011 at 04:07 #

really ugly shoes but that dress looks hot on her.

20. kimi May 3, 2011 at 04:01 #

The dress is edgy and different but its not what I expected from Leighton. ):

21. Emmeline May 3, 2011 at 03:55 #

I applaud the fact that she always takes risks and commits to her looks 100%. It might not be my favorite of hers, but at least she wears it with confidence.

22. roselle May 3, 2011 at 03:49 #

Why so safe, Lei?

I was hoping you would go over the top like that red LV baby doll everybody seemed to hate.

Its still one of my favorites Met Costume outfit ever. *sad*

23. Kaylie May 3, 2011 at 03:40 #

So disappointing.

• Leti May 3, 2011 at 05:10 #

Indeed. I really can’t get past the shoes, or the earrings.

• Alina May 3, 2011 at 13:39 #

I agree.

24. mochababe73 May 3, 2011 at 03:35 #

I actually like this dress, but I think that she should have gone a little more glam.
    I am not a fan of Leighton’s style, but I expected something more edgy and avant garde from her.

25. Penpen May 3, 2011 at 03:34 #

Me no likey, the dress has the same cut out length as the Vera Wang skirt she wore last week but it somehow makes her look short and i would say … chubby? Maybe because of the material and the footware? Anyway, it is not flattering at all.

26. Voguette May 3, 2011 at 03:24 #

Worst shoes ever award

27. Kathryn May 3, 2011 at 03:22 #

J’adore this look by Leighton. She always bring something fresh and interesting to the red carpet.

28. Julie May 3, 2011 at 03:19 #

I see this and can’t help but think of shutters/blinds. lol

• Chloe May 3, 2011 at 14:08 #