03.05.11

Kristen Stewart In Proenza Schouler – 2011 Met Gala

Kristen Stewart looked the best she ever looked on the red carpet at the 2011 Met Gala in New York City this evening.

I honestly didn’t recognise her.

I no longer sense the “I don’t wanna be here” attitude as that has been replaced by a knowing confident look.

She wore a Proenza Schouler crimson embroidered silk halter dress with a split down the side.

I’m guessing this collaboration came about after Kristen wore Proenza Schouler exclusively for her Vogue February 2011 editorial.

A chic updo, black cuffs on both wrists and a black clutch completed her look.

[nggallery id=763]

Katie Holmes In Marchesa - 2014 Met Gala

Katie Holmes In Marchesa – 2014 Met Gala

Zoe Saldana In Calvin Klein - 2011 Met Gala

Zoe Saldana In Calvin Klein – 2011 Met Gala

63 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Proenza Schouler – 2011 Met Gala

1. Luiza May 3, 2011 at 02:47 #

i totally love how she looks here, she looks stunning
    this dress would be a mess in any other person, but it looks amazing on hair. love the make up too

2. Voguette May 3, 2011 at 02:48 #

Usually ‘meh’ abotut her, but love this one

3. Elizabeth May 3, 2011 at 02:48 #

Oh my God, she looks amazing!!!! I am stunned!!!!

4. Matt R May 3, 2011 at 02:49 #

I see hints of smiling! I think she realizes she looks good.

I agree that it’s the best she has looked in a while. And it’s not all black!!

5. Julie May 3, 2011 at 02:52 #

The dress had great potential (I normally hate Proenza Shouler), but needed better tailoring. It needed to be taken in at the torso more. It looks ill-fitting. However, it is much better than the almost-privates-showing dresses she normally wears on the red carpet.

• E May 3, 2011 at 03:36 #

I think that last part of your comment was a really crude thing to say. Yes, mini dresses are short. The designers designed them that way to show off a woman’s legs, and Kristen certainly has nice legs to show off. I think she and her stylist know when too short is too short and would jeopardize her modesty. Unlike many other celebrities, I haven’t read about any Kristen Stewart upskirt photos…

• hollie May 3, 2011 at 08:21 #

totally agreed : )

• Julie May 3, 2011 at 13:03 #

There’s nothing crude about it. She wears dresses on the RC that barely go past the tops of her thighs. It’s a fact. I don’t see how she sits down in most of her red carpet dresses and last year at the gala, that Chanel dress went sheer way too high.

• cess March 11, 2012 at 23:23 #

It’s totally crude. Show me one picture of her like that and I’ll give you this.

• Julie May 3, 2011 at 13:05 #

You say designers make mini-dresses to show off the leg. Yes, that’s true, but most of the ones she wears are shortened even further from the original length.

• Rahel May 3, 2011 at 14:24 #

Nearly all dresses are shortened. Some even look worse after they made it shorter.

But I like this dress and she (for the first time) doesn’t look so sullen.

6. Hisadora May 3, 2011 at 02:54 #

Sorry but for me she is on the worst dressed list… I don’t like this dress for many reasons…. The good thing is that her hair and make up are really nice!

7. Gigi May 3, 2011 at 02:55 #

FC, You must be in NYC for this event… or so excited you can’t sleep!

I don’t care for this dress or the way it fits her. It actually looks a little cheap & sloppy to me.

• Fashion Critic May 3, 2011 at 03:02 #

im in New York :)

If I was in London I would still be awake anyway ;)

8. E May 3, 2011 at 02:55 #

I wish she had belted the dress to give it some shape, but the color looks beautiful on her.

9. Emmeline May 3, 2011 at 03:01 #

That’s a nice color on her, but the fit is atrocious. Not sure what happened considering it was supposedly custom-made.

10. ro May 3, 2011 at 03:04 #

While the top seemed a little loose, I think this is the best she’s looked in awhile. You’re right, she does seem more confident and comfortable. She’s not a princessy girl so I think PS was a great choice for her.

• PamG May 3, 2011 at 05:32 #

I agree. The color and style of the dress are great, but the top should have been tailored to get rid of the drooping access fabric. Other than this, the overall look is very nice – hair, make-up, accessories.

11. Letícia May 3, 2011 at 03:05 #

My chin is touching the floor. It looks like she’s finally growing up. Well done!

12. Ariel May 3, 2011 at 03:09 #

Kristen’s back! The gown looks sexy on her & her sandals are amazingly sexy too. She’s glowing and I agree that there’s no longer that “attitude” here.

13. ShoeGal May 3, 2011 at 03:10 #

My favorite girl looking AMAZING! Love the makeup sooo much! The red and black look stunning with her creamy skin and piercing eyes. Perfection. BDOTW contender for sure!

14. Armaghan May 3, 2011 at 03:15 #

I don’t like the fit of the dress :/

15. fashionsnob May 3, 2011 at 03:17 #

It looks like Proenza’s usual fit. They don’t tailor to exact measurements. This is the trend. Kristen has set it. Flawless.

• mol May 3, 2011 at 07:20 #

I agree – flawless.

16. Bev May 3, 2011 at 03:17 #

Well Im not a fashion expert but, I really do not like that dress, I do think she looks beautiful but because she is a beautiful person and that helps me overlook that dress. I totally love her make up and hair tho, but then again Kristen always looks stunning even in oversized tshirts and jeans. I love her

17. Nicole May 3, 2011 at 03:17 #

She looks stunning!!!!

18. Yaas May 3, 2011 at 03:20 #

It’s a little like an upholstery fabric to me. But I like her hair and make-up, the shoes and the style of the dress.

19. Kathryn May 3, 2011 at 03:20 #

I think her makeup up and hair look good and she’s not scowling so that’s huge improvement. The dress itself isn’t terrible, it just fits terribly. She needs a belt and some darts in the breast area.

20. Cinders May 3, 2011 at 03:28 #

She does look fantastic but Im disappointed there has been no McQueen yet

21. Emma May 3, 2011 at 03:31 #

I loved her hair, makeup and accessories to start, I was iffy on the dress at first because I love short dresses on her that showcase her super long legs, Ireally loved the dress when I saw the high-quality close shots, there are some more that aren’t shown here that she is just breathtakingly beautiful. She is just stunning.

22. Cynt May 3, 2011 at 03:31 #

It didn’t fit her well and the hem should have been a bit higher. But then it would’ve put more focus on her un pedicured toes.

23. mochababe73 May 3, 2011 at 03:41 #

I don’t like the fit.
    I don’t like the pattern. It reminds me of curtains or maybe the carpet.

24. T from Sydney May 3, 2011 at 03:42 #

i love the dress agree with the fit its also looks abit long but i love everything else

AND this just shows confidance in a woman makes her , and any women beautiful

also a huge improvemnt since last year, i love Kstew but i hated that dress

FC you have the BEST job EVER you are in New York and im stuck in lecture halls in at university

25. cara May 3, 2011 at 04:02 #

im not a fan of this dress. i feel it makes her look very athletic/masculine in shape. I dont think it flatters her at all.

her hair/makeup does look nice though

• Jen May 3, 2011 at 05:14 #

Um, since when is looking ‘athletic’ a bad thing? She doesn’t look masculine at all.

• Cara May 3, 2011 at 05:24 #

its not so much a bad thing, but it doesnt work with this dress. her face is in no way masculine, just her shoulders

26. robbie May 3, 2011 at 04:09 #

she actually looks comfortable in a dress and heels! WOW and damn she is looking pretty good.

27. time seven May 3, 2011 at 04:09 #

i am completely smitten yet again by how she looks. Love u ♥ Kristen Stewart ♥ u are the best. ♥

28. Jen May 3, 2011 at 05:14 #

From the front I don’t like the tailoring, from the side I do. I wonder how it looked in motion? I have a feeling I would like it more if I saw it moving..

29. Leti May 3, 2011 at 05:15 #

I don’t love this, but it’s relatively good for her. She certainly does look more comfortable than usual, and it’s nice to see her in something different, e.g., full length. Not loving the hair, which looks very messy.

30. elle May 3, 2011 at 05:36 #

Well the dress looks promising to me but i don’t know why when it was on her this looked Blah!!! seem like the dress didn’t suit her character.

31. Emi May 3, 2011 at 07:01 #

She looked really beautiful, i didn’t even recognize her at first, but the print of the dress reminds me a carpet, very expensive but a carpet. At least she doesn’t look like she’s going to prison, posing on the red carpet.

32. Rachael May 3, 2011 at 07:17 #

All right, part of me feels like she cut arm holes in a table runner, but she is styled to perfection. I can hardly believe this is the same person as that skulking, awkward teenager who looked like she could barely run a comb through her hair and put on matching shoes. What a transformation.

33. ron May 3, 2011 at 07:42 #

In my opinion she looks beautiful from head to toes! GORGEOUS

34. Kristenfan May 3, 2011 at 08:11 #

It’s the makeup, shoes and accessories that do it. She definitely, definitely looks like a young Courtney Cox.

35. hollie May 3, 2011 at 08:26 #

I hope you would show a pic of the back of her dress. She’s breathtaking.

• T from Sydney May 3, 2011 at 12:29 #

i saw the back too

its like a racer back but nicer!

love kSTew but she and alot of hollywood people have terrible posture

36. Hermione Weasley May 3, 2011 at 09:33 #

I love it. She looks so confident and sexy <3

37. Lils May 3, 2011 at 09:34 #

Amazing! Love the hair, love the makeup, the shoes I just wish she had worn a belt but she does look stunning here and she’s smiling!

38. Sharon May 3, 2011 at 10:54 #

As with everything else she wears, it looks kind of messy to me.

39. rebecca o May 3, 2011 at 11:39 #

It;s a nice dress, but imagine how much better it would be if it actually fit her.

40. Jess May 3, 2011 at 11:51 #

anyone know who makes the black cuffs?

41. jamie May 3, 2011 at 13:34 #

Gotta disagree. I think she looks as uncomfortable as ever. The dress doesn’t fit, isn’t flattering. The make-up washes her out. This is a miss for me.

42. Lucía May 3, 2011 at 13:38 #

I hate the pattern and the colors, it looks like a curtain!

43. olivia May 3, 2011 at 14:08 #

stunning.

44. Susan May 3, 2011 at 14:58 #

I love this dress, shoes, makeup, hair, Kristen.

Job exceptionally well done.

45. dee May 3, 2011 at 15:34 #

She looks okay.

46. Lou May 3, 2011 at 15:35 #

FC you must be kidding! Perhaps she payed you to say that. She looks FRUMPY. Ill-fitting dress, that looks like an old curtain. On someone else it might be beautiful but she sucks the life out of it.

47. DivaMom May 3, 2011 at 17:37 #

The dress is melting into the red carpet. DISLIKE!

48. Alina May 3, 2011 at 17:53 #

She looks beautiful , really really beautiful.

49. LizLemooooon May 3, 2011 at 18:52 #

URGHHHH I’m so upset. She looks great. I cannot find a single problem with this outfit. I’d even wear it.
    What is happening to me? It must be because 2012 is near. That is one of the signs of the apocalypse, my having nothing mean to say about this woman.

Okay it definitely needed to have been fitted a lot more but I really like this look otherwise.

50. KateS May 4, 2011 at 02:39 #

I agree about the fit, but she’s bringing something a little bit dangerous to the look, which both matches the theme of the night and breathes a bit of life into the look. I like it.

51. Lou May 4, 2011 at 18:48 #

Not liking the dress, the fit or her hair. The colour does suit her though