Gisele Bundchen In Alexander McQueen – 2011 Met Gala

Gisele Bundchen looked sensational at the 2011 Met Gala.

She always wears something dramatic and eye-catching to outdo th other models.

Last night she wore an Alexander McQueen Fall 2005 red fish-tail gown.

Only a supermodel can walk tall in such an exquisite gown.

A black McQueen clutch and a silver bracelet completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

29 thoughts on “Gisele Bundchen In Alexander McQueen – 2011 Met Gala

1. DivaMom

I was wondering when you would get to this stunning breath of ecstasy and pure fash-gastic delight! Beautiful. Gisele owns EVERYTHING!

2. Matt

What a perfect specimen this woman is. I have nothing bad to say about this look, she didn’t just rent this look, she owns this look .

3. Hannah

This was maybe by number 2 favourite after Liv Tyler. I loved the volume, and I have always loved the dress. This photo doesn’t even do it justice either! I adored this look completely and utterly, she is almost always incredible on this red carpet, and this year is absolutely no exception.

4. mochababe73

I love the dress on the model, but it looks flat on Gisele.
    I like the fullness of the runway version. But, my judgement may be clouded because I am not a fan of Gisele.

5. Suz

I don’t know. I feel like this dress loses its shape on her in comparison to the model and some other fish-tail gowns.

1. ahot

so true. it´s boring because it didn´t translate well on the redcarpet. Without the dramatic train, it´s like a prom dress

6. DivaMom

I had to come back and comment again. LOL My goodness she is rocking this look. And she has that expression on her face that says, ‘yeah, uh huh…i’m THAT b_word! ” Ha! I need that type of swagger in my life. Her confidence is selling me on this dress!

7. CreoleLady

I so prefer the styling and attitude of the runway model. If I hadn’t seen the runway look, I might have been more impressed. Can’t Giselle at least do something different with her hair?

8. Giada

Gisele looks best in a dress with a long, sleek silhouette. For this dress to really work you at least have to have a little bit of a defined waist, hips and a bum, all of which she doesn’t have. That’s why she looked absolutely divine in the pink Versace dress in 2008; because the cut created the illusion of a hourglass figure.

9. Gigi

I love that her husband is standing on her ‘train’. He is infinitely better looking than she is!

10. KateS

I feel like this doesn’t work as well as it should, but maybe it was stunning in motion. Then again, I do madly love the runway styling, so maybe it’s just that I miss it on Gisele.

11. Luiza

I agree with FC, think she looks sensational! She stood out at the event and I think it looks waaay better on Gisele than on the model. But I guess that’s normal since she is the supermodel..

12. Vidhya

Its blah.. She had to do something with her hair. And wearing a bunch of diamonds is always the easy route. She was standing next to Ginnifer.. thats the kind of creativity u need with jewels. the black clutch is also so predictable. Another fantastic dress doesnt translate into a fantastic look.. and this time on Gisele.. :(

13. Fee

No doubt she looks amazing but I find this look really boring. I think Natalia in the next look blows her away.