Elle Fanning In Valentino Couture – 2011 Met Gala

Elle Fanning opted for a quirkier look at the 2011 Met Gala in New York City last night.

She trumped her big sister by wearing a Valentino Fall 2010 ensemble.

I think she pulls of this white long sleeve top with black bolero and skirt with great aplomb.

How is one so young so confident and poised?

She was one of my favourites on the night.

I love the runway inspired top knot and the Valentino bow front heels.

Emily Blunt In Prada - ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’ New York Premiere

Emily Blunt In Prada – ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’ New York Premiere

Emma Stone In Lanvin - 2011 Met Gala

Emma Stone In Lanvin – 2011 Met Gala

33 Responses to Elle Fanning In Valentino Couture – 2011 Met Gala

1. Amanda May 3, 2011 at 15:32 #

I think she’s way too young to be attending this event.

2. Alina May 3, 2011 at 15:36 #

I LOVE IT !

3. dee May 3, 2011 at 15:49 #

Very cute and age appropriate.

• Dani May 4, 2011 at 01:36 #

Age appropriate? The nude midriff panel thing makes me nervous. As in, I know it’s fine, but just looks, well, very naked.

• dee May 4, 2011 at 18:27 #

You know for some reason I didn’t even notice the see through midriff part. I take the age appropriate part out.

4. mm May 3, 2011 at 15:51 #

So adorable!! I love it too

5. Rebecca May 3, 2011 at 15:57 #

Completely adorable. she has a lot of style

6. ber May 3, 2011 at 15:57 #

She is adorable.

7. gossip_bangkok May 3, 2011 at 15:59 #

Very cute and youthful.

8. Julie May 3, 2011 at 16:19 #

I hope she had some double sided tape to hold it in place. lol

9. Lils May 3, 2011 at 16:45 #

Sorry but I think she looks ridiculous! Look at her posture and I second Amanda’s opinion when she says that Elle’s way too young for that kind of events

10. Catriona May 3, 2011 at 16:48 #

She looks lovely. I think anyone over the age of 18 would look ridiculous in this but she makes it adorable.

11. Megan May 3, 2011 at 17:01 #

Well firstly I don’t like it,her posture is definitely one thing putting me off and I feel she is too young.she may seem confident and poised but she is forced to grow up look at the Olsen twins?

• Megan May 3, 2011 at 17:08 #

One more thing am I the only one that Thinks these Valentino couture dresses are a bit frumpy?there is certainly nothing special about them.

12. Lee Ann May 3, 2011 at 17:09 #

She looks like she should either be dusting or turning down a bed

• mol May 3, 2011 at 18:30 #

In the realm of my thoughts too – but my mind also wandered into ‘sexy french maid 9 months pregnant’ territory and so I just didn’t feel this outfit struck the right balance at all for such a young girl….

13. Giuseppi May 3, 2011 at 17:27 #

I’m not feeling this outfit on any level. I don’t like the puffiness, the proportions, or the awkward focus on the breastline, nude underlay or not. The combination of multiple layers everywhere, the ballooning shape and lace with satin makes it too busy… All around this outfit just plain doesn’t work for me.

• Gaber May 3, 2011 at 20:19 #

:high five:

14. robbie May 3, 2011 at 17:43 #

ugly on the runway and even uglier on elle.

this year has been pretty rubbish.

15. sevenstories May 3, 2011 at 18:02 #

I think she looks cute but the dress is awful in my opinion. I think it’s wildly unflattering and such as bizarre shape. The huge puff over the waist just looks like a badly tucked in shirt to me.

16. Solveig May 3, 2011 at 18:24 #

She looks incredibly cute! It totally makes me smile. My favorite next to Kristen Stewart and Liv Tyler at this event.

By the way: FC – I’ve been following your blog for over a year now, and I’m completely in awe of all the work you put into it. It’s the highlight of my day. Thank you!

17. LizLemooooon May 3, 2011 at 18:36 #

Elle/her stylist are an inspiration to older celebs tbh. I know this is straight off the runway but it’s soooo cute, she looks adorable, fashionable and somehow age appropriate (except maybe for that sheer part). She looks like a little doll. J’Adore.

18. Mimy May 3, 2011 at 18:49 #

she look soo adorable!!!

19. JacobGH May 3, 2011 at 19:32 #

Wow! Elle has seriously set the bar so high for every other young actress on the red carpet. She is flawless every time! I LOVE this look. BDOTW for sure.

20. mochababe73 May 3, 2011 at 20:32 #

I know that she’s young, and I HATE to critique children, but I am going to critique the look.
    She looks like an insane baby doll. It’s just not working. I’m expecting to see a wind up mechanism attached to her back.
    I appreciate all of your coverage. I am having a blast looking at the pictures.
    Now, I hope that you get some much needed (and well-deserved) sleep!

21. pam May 3, 2011 at 21:51 #

It is all the things every one is saying. Cute, quirky, a little bit nuts. Which is exactly why a young girl can get a way with it. As for a girl her age at this event…why not? Teens go to weddings.

22. Raquel May 4, 2011 at 05:53 #

The dress is plain horrid. She is adorable and cute, and looked happy, but the dress is a hot mess.

23. Lou May 4, 2011 at 19:16 #

I want to like it… but don’t. But always love to see more daring choices on the red carpet!

24. caroline May 5, 2011 at 12:09 #

i guess there really isn’t a lot of appreciation for haute couture looks.. personally i love looks that may not be for the norm. like this look and often mk and ashley are a little to high fashion for the public – it’s crazy how people are so narrow minded

25. Silvia May 7, 2011 at 18:10 #

I don’t like the dress,poor girl…. and would never wear it too….

26. Emsy June 15, 2011 at 08:10 #

No one forced her to wear this dress! I am around her age, and I would love to be going to the Met Gala and dressing up in Valentino Couture! I personally think the dress is adorable, and she pulls it off very well! Thank you, along with the other girls of your age, such as Hailee Steinfeld for wearing age appropriate, and stylish clothing and proving that you have talent and fashion sense!

27. Kim L October 27, 2011 at 11:04 #

I think she’s wearing it much better than tho top model. She’s is not ridiculous or anything, she looks so fresh ! And it’s like a bit of a feminine and young “pierrot la lune”, so cute !!

• Chanel November 22, 2011 at 09:55 #

I completely agree with you! She’s so adorable in this look ;)