Anna Wintour In Chanel Couture – 2011 Met Gala

Anna Wintour was the first arrive at the 2011 Met Gala in New York City this evening.

She wore a Chanel Spring 2011 Couture gown.

The sequin embroidered gown has been modified to include black sleeves which give the dress a whole new look

I actually prefer her dress with the sleeves.

Whilst I’m not surprised Anna is wearing Chanel, I’m hugely disappointed that the host didn’t wear McQueen

Great to see her smiling though.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Naomie Harris In Gucci - Harper’s Bazaar Woman Of The Year Awards 2013

Naomie Harris In Gucci – Harper’s Bazaar Woman Of The Year Awards 2013

Jennifer Lopez In Gucci - 2011 Met Gala

Jennifer Lopez In Gucci – 2011 Met Gala

17 Responses to Anna Wintour In Chanel Couture – 2011 Met Gala

1. Ines May 3, 2011 at 01:07 #

She looked so bad. So many fashion disasters tonight..so many. She got an EPIC fail from me! And I too wish she’d have worn McQueen but the ones who did, look amazing tonight!

2. FionaK May 3, 2011 at 01:11 #

I got so excited when I heard about this gala and just so disappointed with how blah everyone is :( so far only Daphne Guinness wearing McQueen. I did spot someone in the background wearing McQueen but they weren’t famous :/ Celebs given a chance to be edgy and imaginative and they wasted it.

On topic of this post though I really love what Anna is wearing and also her daughter had a beautiful dramatic dress.

• Hannah May 3, 2011 at 02:29 #

Exactly. It is SUCH a shame. Almost everyone looks super boring. Considering McQueen ahs probably th most archiveable high-fashion redcarpet MET Gala appropriate iconic redcarpet moment-making gowns, you would have thought someone would have worn one. Naomi and Giselle are the amongst only ones I believe I have seen wearing his own clothes, and the only the latter looked really amazing, but still chose one of his mroe wearable gowns. Daphne is the only one who took any sort of a risk IMO, but she didn’t wear an actual Alexander piece, but she still looked incredible so I mean no insult to Sarah Burton, I just mean this was a recognisance of hsi work, and so few actually did it. Anyways, sorry for the rant, it is wayy to late, and I am abotu to go to my much needed slumber so my rants are inevitably longer.

3. Vera May 3, 2011 at 01:14 #

Loving the dress, though she probably should have worn McQueen. Then again, she is Anna.

4. Ben May 3, 2011 at 01:15 #

She wears Chanel every year…so, no suprises

5. Hisadora May 3, 2011 at 01:19 #

hmmm, I’m thinking about it… I only know that her dress is better than the runaway one!

6. mol May 3, 2011 at 01:21 #

Perhaps a faux-pas to not wear McQueen, but I think Anna looks glamorous and quite wonderful here….

7. KateS May 3, 2011 at 01:21 #

Ooh, I do like the sleeves, although I agree it would have been nice to see her in McQ.

8. mm May 3, 2011 at 01:43 #

I think she looks amazing! I like the more modern graphic design on her

9. Hannah May 3, 2011 at 02:14 #

I don’t midn that she wore Chanel, I really, really loved this dress on the runway, it reminded me of somethign carrie would ahve worn durin gSATC or something, it was, for me, on eof the chanel’s best gowns for a few seasons. I really loved Anna in it, but sh eknows as well as I do that earrings and a cocktail ring would have done it a lot better than a necklace. Along with Giselle, and Diane Kruger, folllowed probably by Ginnifer Goodwin and possibly some others (Orlando bloom – yummy :) ) she was one of my best dressed.

10. robbie May 3, 2011 at 02:22 #

she looks fantastic but the necklace isnt needed the dress should speak for itself. definetely nicer than it was on the runway thats for sure.

11. mochababe73 May 3, 2011 at 04:04 #

I love the dress better on the model. It loses its appeal with the sleeves.
    But, I think that sleeveless that it would require someone younger. I think that this dress screams Carey Mulligan.

12. Karol May 3, 2011 at 05:51 #

I hate everything about her. I don’t like her sense of style at all.

13. Emi May 3, 2011 at 07:13 #

She always wears Chanel at the Met Gala, I’m not surprised. I think it’s not a classy thing to do it. What do you expect from a person who wore Tom Ford at the parisian party for Gucci?

14. Lils May 3, 2011 at 09:29 #

While I love the dress, I wish she had chosen the runway version. I also wish it had been worn by somebody else

15. Lee Ann May 3, 2011 at 11:01 #

Well at least she didn’t wear those damn criss cross shoes. She looks OK but that is faint praise considering who she has access to.

16. Alina May 3, 2011 at 18:20 #

She looks fine.Just fine.