Katy Perry In Jean-Charles de Castelbajac – 2011 Logie Awards

Katy Perry is still in Australia, so she hit the red carpet at the 2011 Logie Awards in Melbourne last night.

The singer opted for a Jean-Charles de Castelbajac Fall 2011 dress.

Katy would’ve picked this look out when she was front row at the designers show back in March.

The puffy sleeve green dress has a photo of Kiki de Montparnasse covering the front.

Black tights, bold red lips, beautifully coiffed hair and electric blue pumps completed her look.

This is a typical Katy look; quirky with a pop of colour.

I don’t think this dress needed the necklace.

[nggallery id=761]
Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cate Blanchett In Givenchy - Romance Was Born Spring/Summer 2011/2012 Presentation

Cate Blanchett In Givenchy – Romance Was Born Spring/Summer 2011/2012 Presentation

Kerry Washington In Gucci - 2nd Annual Mary J. Blige Honors Concert

Kerry Washington In Gucci – 2nd Annual Mary J. Blige Honors Concert

16 Responses to Katy Perry In Jean-Charles de Castelbajac – 2011 Logie Awards

1. ShoeGal May 2, 2011 at 21:14 #

I love you Katy but this is just horrific. The dress,the shoes,the tights. I am gonna pretend I never saw this.

2. Carolina May 2, 2011 at 21:17 #

I don’t necessarily like that necklace, but I do think the neckline needs some filling in. By the way, the image is from a photograph by Man Ray (Le Violon d’Ingres), and the woman depicted was his lover, Kiki.

• Carolina May 2, 2011 at 21:21 #

As a correction – the photo by Man Ray is in tribute to the musician, Ingres. Ingres played the viola as a hobby – and Kiki, as a lover. The piece is held in the Getty Museum, where the commentary states “The picture maintains a tension between objectification and appreciation of the female form.” This seems suitable for Perry, I can see why she’d be drawn to this modern commentary.

• mol May 2, 2011 at 23:51 #

I think Kiki would have liked Katy and I think Man Ray too wouldn’t have minded seeing Kiki ontop of Katy ; ) (My only crit is the shoes, don’t like them, and the necklace – lose it – otherwise Katy looks adorable)

3. marian May 2, 2011 at 21:27 #

i agree about the necklace, but i do like how tailored it is – it really gives her a nice shape, in contrast to the runway. plus the shoes were a cool pop. she looks better than normal.

4. Fanny May 2, 2011 at 21:59 #

At what time does the Met gala start? Meaning: When should i visit this page tonight? (European time if you could)

• Fashion Critic May 2, 2011 at 22:38 #

Around midnight or 1am

• Jess May 2, 2011 at 23:55 #

excited! worth staying up late for

5. dee May 2, 2011 at 22:25 #

I know Katy is quirky but I do not like this dress. Her and makeup and beautiful.

• dee May 2, 2011 at 22:26 #

Hair and makeup.

6. Naomi May 2, 2011 at 22:47 #

She always looks like she’s wearing tons and tons of make-up, I really want to see her a bit more fresh and natural.

7. Jen May 3, 2011 at 00:35 #

That dress didn’t need those sleeves, the necklace, the tights or the heavy eye/lip combo. It’s too much.

8. robbie May 3, 2011 at 02:25 #

HATE IT ALL! tragic very tragic.

9. e May 3, 2011 at 02:26 #

you could argue the necklace was unnecessary but i saw the whole outfit (and her of course!) on the tv and it glittered beautfully and added to the sense of over-the-top baroque gorgeousness. when others play it safe, i say pile it on and shine!

10. f4fashion May 3, 2011 at 07:00 #

Quirky Katy is always welcomed on the red carpet. I love the fit of the dress, the color, the print, the red lips the complementary necklace (and surprisingly the tights!) the blue pumps seems a bit distracting though.

11. Lils May 3, 2011 at 09:25 #

I really like the overall look but just like you FC I think the necklace wasn’t needed.