Cate Blanchett attended the Romance Was Born Spring/Summer 2011/2012 presentation at the State Library Of New South Wales on Sunday in Sydney, Australia.

You may remember that Cate introduced us to Romance Was Born in her Harper’s Bazaar Australia May 2011 editorial.

I hope Cate jumped on a plane to New York straight after this presentation in order for her to attend the Met Gala tonight. Fingers crossed.

Cate is having a bit of a Givenchy moment.

She wowed us at the Oscars in Givenchy Couture and on this occasion she opted for a Pre-Fall 2011 look.

Her Givenchy two-tone olive charmeuse dress has a short sleeved pleated puffy blouse and a fitted skirt with a ruffle falling from the neckline.

Black tights, black shoes and a black clutch completed her look.

It’s winter in Australia so I won’t be too hard on Cate. If she had to opt for tights I would’ve preferred the runway colour.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Brooklyn Decker In Giambattista Valli - White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

Brooklyn Decker In Giambattista Valli – White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

Katy Perry In Jean-Charles de Castelbajac - 2011 Logie Awards

Katy Perry In Jean-Charles de Castelbajac – 2011 Logie Awards

10 Responses to Cate Blanchett In Givenchy – Romance Was Born Spring/Summer 2011/2012 Presentation

1. Deepti May 2, 2011 at 20:28 #

She looks amazing as always! :) You know FC, I actually like the black tights better than the runway colour. I think the contrast makes the shades of the two-tone dress look richer..

2. Emi May 2, 2011 at 20:33 #

Beautiful, she can really pull off every dress.

3. Lee Ann May 2, 2011 at 20:58 #

Almost makes me wish I could wear pre fall now. I will have to see her shoes before I decide which colour tights I prefer.

4. dee May 2, 2011 at 21:11 #

She looks awesome as usual.

5. mol May 2, 2011 at 21:27 #

I like the runway tights better too, but she still looks great – I love her hair and makeup…

6. sara May 2, 2011 at 22:20 #

She’s God

7. lifeisdolce May 2, 2011 at 23:00 #

she looks nice, and i don’t mean to be rude, but i don’t know what is so special about her. she does wear a lot of looks with a lot of grace, but i think there are a lot of women in hollywood who do it equally as well! sorry FC, and everyone else, that’s just my opinion [:

8. Hannah May 2, 2011 at 23:43 #

I really am never a fan of tights, or really hte colour brown, btu somehow I am ready to crown CAte as my BDOTW. Maybe it’s because I so admire her as a person and actress (I am a total LOTR junkie) or maybe because she is so beautiful.
    Only she has the power to make a pretty blah outfit incredible.
    That being said, since sh ewas in Sydney, does this mean she’ll be a no go at the met tonight? Please god, don’t let it be so. :’(

9. Jen May 3, 2011 at 00:38 #

She’s perfect. I don’t like the dress, and I don’t like the dress with tights at all. But she always dresses in her own style and never looks like anyone else. Of all the people we critique on this blog, she strikes me as the one who really doesn’t care what anyone says – she just wears what she likes. I love her.

10. D May 3, 2011 at 13:10 #