I don’t think there was any question that Catherine Middleton would be ‘crowned’ Best Dressed This Week.

She was radiant on her wedding day wearing a Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen gown.

Whilst few questioned why she was included in the poll, I would say that her process of creating this look with Sarah Burton doesn’t differ from any other celebrity wearing a custom-made look, plus Catherine did walk a red carpet – one of the longest we have ever seen.

I totally agree with your pick, but I couldn’t let this week pass without giving credit to Odette Annable; formerly Yustman.

Her Versus dress was drop dead gorgeous.

It’s very rare that I get excited about a LBD, but Odette’s was worthy of praise and recognition.

Thanks for all your birthday wishes x

Credit: Getty

29 thoughts on “Best Dressed Of The Week: Catherine Middleton In Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen & Odette Annable In Versus

1. NooG

I read this site nearly daily and didn’t know it was your birthday. Goodness. Well happy (late) bday!

2. Sasha

I completely forgot Odette was in the poll, must have been because of the smaller pictures.. She would have totally gotten my vote

3. molly

My best were Catherine and her sister, Pippa. Both looked amazing. Im so happy that Kate chose such a timeless and stunning gown, since it will be knocked off thousands of times! I really hope to see more sleeves on brides. Im sick of the strapless. And Odettes dress has to be one of the best LBDs I have ever seen!
    And lastly, happy late birthday, FC!!! :D
    Hope it was a good one!

4. Ella

First off, a very happy Birthday to you!! Next of all, if Kate (or should this American use Catherine now ;-) wasn’t present, Odette was going to get my vote…..

But you do still like Catherine’s dress, right?!

1. Fashion Critic Post author

Firstly, thank u.

Yes, I still loved Catherine’s dress. It was gorgeous

5. Shiva

firstly belated birthday wishes FC
    i woke up and opened ur website wishing to see a single big picture of Catherine Middleton crowned best dressed by us all and seeing Yusman here made my heart sink a little bit in the beginning but u knw wat, that’s wat Critics do- acknowledge credibilty without sentiments and that LBD deserved that. Bravo! :)

6. Megan

I wasn’t too sure but I thought you would choose Odette because as you said you were gushing and rightly so.So I am glad and though Kates dress is beautiful I don’t see it as bdoty purely because if all wedding dresses were featured they would be beautiful and I think that is a certain wedding element.Nicole in jpg and cate at the oscars are still in my mind:)

7. jx

that wedding gown will be legendary. but her sister Pippa when she first appeared with the two little girls in that slinky dress… VA VA VOOM!

8. Sue Jin

Glad both won! Catherine looked very beautiful and elegant<3
    I too didn't know that it was your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day!!

9. Stylista

I really think that Princess Ameerah Al Tawil, wife of Saudi Prince Al Walid bin Talal should have been included in the BDOTW poll.

10. Matt

Odette isn’t featured on the site as much as others but when she does feature, sheimpresses you, and me too. She does look beautiful.

11. jenny

Catherine’s look is superior to ANY lbd. Sorry but this week, I think you got it wrong. Happy belated birthday btw! (:

1. Fashion Critic Post author

you didn’t read the text. I said I agreed with Catherine as BDOTW, but I wanted to give credit ot Odette.

Besides, its not about right or wrong, its about preference.

1. Rebecca

I completely agree with your inclusion of Odette–she did look amazing and deserved lots of credit and attention. Good balance n your part, Miss FC!

1. Fashion Critic Post author

Thank you…the purpose was to strike a balance. No question Catherine is the winner, the rest didn’t stand a chance :)

2. Fashion Critic Post author

Jenny there is no rightnall wrong, just opinions and preferences.

If you read the text I do say Catherine was my favourite, but I didn’t want Odette look to go unnoticed

12. JacobGH

Controversial pick! Odette does look absolutely stunning here and I’m also digging the name change.

13. Jake

Wow, a little shocked at this weeks results. Didn’t see anything special with Odette’s dress…just another sexy LBD I thought..but I respect your choice FC!

Catherine look sensational though.

and happy belated birthday : ))

1. Fashion Critic Post author

I was told she wasn’t going, but who knows.

We will have to wait and see

14. Chanel

ISheika Mozah looked lovely at the wedding, but she wasn’t as stunning as she was in that ivory dress and matching blazer.

15. Rahel

I also loved Odette’s dress the most and it’s nice to see that you choose it.

Happy b-day.